The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

So I’m at the opening credits and I notice some familiar faces, then scene 1 sets and I see Carla Gugino right of the bat. So I go to IMDB and look what I find?.....
9753F9C2-67CE-4E14-B3C7-3F92954EA55A.jpeg

0B960B2D-811D-4082-AF95-3C3000CA93AB.jpeg

I came in here to address this.

I think its going the FX A Horror Story route.

I've only seen the first few episodes of A Horror Story BTW.

The Carnival season.

Are the other seasons worth watching?

Is Schitts’s Creek actually good?
I saw the first 5-6 episodes a while back and didn’t find it funny at all.
i saw its won a bunch of awards tho so maybe it’s worth giving it a second shot?
i could never get into the office either so maybe it’s just me. :ohwell:

I felt like it got better as the show progressed. We originally started watching it during quarantine because we didn't have anything else to do and the episodes were so quick and easy to watch while multi-tasking, but then eventually they seemed to hit their stride and everything started to come together with the writing, acting, and character development. However, I'd never put it up there among some of the best shows I've every watched and I have no desire to watch any of it again. Bottom line, it's overrated, but not trash IMO.

Finished Bly Manor...Not as strong as the first season but not bad at all...

Started slowly for me then picked up by the end...Classic gothic style horror story...
I’m about 5 episodes in. It is moving kind of slow, but the storytelling is great. Probably finish up tonight.

Just finished this earlier. Haven't watched the original since it released but I don't remember it being head and shoulders above this. Well outside of the cinematography.
The OG is all time Favorite of mine but I liked the New Version a bit more.
It was cleaner.
I always said that Utopia was about 2-4years too early.
If it'd had come out around the same time MR ROBOT hit, no way it ever would have gotten cancelled.
They really missed the Boat not giving Jessica any Sex Appeal in this new version, and RB/Villains were a tad better in the OG, but overall I have to give this New one a little bit higher score.
osyrhiz osyrhiz Watch them both, but as Zik said, start with the OG, then watch the new one.

Watching The 40 Year Old Version. A lot of cameos in here like Styles P, the kid who played ODB in the Wu Tang show. It also has Kemba (formerly known as YC The Cynic) and Knewdles (Asian host at the venue), two rappers I’ve seen in the NYC Hip Hop scene the past decade. Interesting.

So I’m at the opening credits and I notice some familiar faces, then scene 1 sets and I see Carla Gugino right of the bat. So I go to IMDB and look what I find?.....
9753F9C2-67CE-4E14-B3C7-3F92954EA55A.jpeg

0B960B2D-811D-4082-AF95-3C3000CA93AB.jpeg
Bly manor creepy as hell. Try watching it by yourself while everyone asleep near midnight and tell me if you can walk to the bathroom or just sleeping it off till morning. :rofl::smh:

Im sleeping it off.

i live on my own and have been using grad papers and midterms as an excuse to not start it. legit scared especially after Hill House.. i'm not even kidding :lol:

Just started Bly Manor...

something About that little boy is off lol

the baby doll in Episode 2 creeped me out lol

Hill House was superb.
I like Bly Manor just as much.
There are a few plot holes, but the Story and how the House got Haunted, man that was really well thought out and written.
As far as watching it alone, man I let my Dogs in because I told myself the damn Dogs would sense the Evil I could not see.
I definitely stayed Creeped Out though, scary as hell.
Something about little kids interacting with Evil Spirits scares the living S*it out of me.
And the dolls, oh boy...nah man.

Back
Top Bottom