The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Brittania, no wonder Julius Caesar turned around and went home.
My dude, Julius was trying to conquer the World, and they said he turned right around and went home? I would have turned around, too.
Not sure what episode I just watched.
I was falling in and out if sleep so I think I dreamed a good portion that I’m thinking happened. Might as well start the episode over, can’t be missing **** on the very first episode.

Last edited:
I’m only 7 episodes into Bly Manor (I like to only watch in the dead of night :lol:).

The story is great, and the weaving in and out of memories is a nice way to tell the whole story without it feeling hanfisted. Something about it feels like it’s missing, though. I don’t know if I’m looking for more jump scares, but I’m disappointed we haven’t got something like that single-shot episode of Hill House.

Was also hoping they’d do more with the creepy doll ****, but again I still have a couple episodes to go.

More like Blah Manor. Super predictable.
Might as well have had Nicole Kidman in it.

Ms. Jessel was sooo fine. Love black brits.

is bly a real place or just CGI /facade? Would kill to live in an estate for a week to feel something

How in the hell did EPIX afford this Brittania past one Season?
I see they have zero A listers starring so that helps, it makeup and wardrobe alone is some of the best work you will see....NOBODY is talking about this show(outside of us, we get down though so we don’t count), being in air for more than a Season is a feat in itself.
Veran is that dude.
The pupils on these DRUIDS stay mollied up.
All black eyes creep TF out of me, so these eyes on the DRUIDS are a good move. Show seems proper lit this far.....NT coming through clutch as always. I wonder what the IMDB score is.

One last thing, I hope Antonius sticks around.
Now that he’s forsaken Bomazi and given his soul to Veran, I want to see him shine...

Welp, so much for Antonius shining.
RIP young Servant.
(This theme music for Brittania needs to be redone though, **** should hit something like VIKINGS theme, this joint sounds like something made for Fred Savage’s Wonder Years)

How in the hell did EPIX afford this Brittania past one Season?
I see they have zero A listers starring so that helps, it makeup and wardrobe alone is some of the best work you will see....NOBODY is talking about this show(outside of us, we get down though so we don’t count), being in air for more than a Season is a feat in itself.
Veran is that dude.
The pupils on these DRUIDS stay mollied up.
All black eyes creep TF out of me, so these eyes on the DRUIDS are a good move. Show seems proper lit this far.....NT coming through clutch as always. I wonder what the IMDB score is.

One last thing, I hope Antonius sticks around.
Now that he’s forsaken Bomazi and given his soul to Veran, I want to see him shine...
It's a British series. I think also produced by the Sky network.

2 seasons are completed and have aired already. Epix I assume just got the US rights to air it here. Don't think they're contributing to the budget at all.

In England, I think David Morrissey and Kelly Reilly are considered as famous actors. Like in the UK they are big names.
Welp, so much for Antonius shining.
RIP young Servant.
(This theme music for Brittania needs to be redone though, **** should hit something like VIKINGS theme, this joint sounds like something made for Fred Savage’s Wonder Years)
For some odd reason, I've noticed a lot of shows that are period pieces using modern music. It doesn't work as well here. I always skip the intro theme music and ending. Vikings has the luxury of a dope theme which is based off that culture. I think if Brittania did that it would be whack cuz it's whack tribe music, Druid chanting, or maybe Roman music but they cant go full Roman cuz this is about early Britain.

Finished watching the entire series of New Girl last week..Very solid show..Not as good as Parks/Community/Office but still recommended..

Currently half way through Monk on Peacock App..Another really good show..Tony Shalhoub has't been able to do anything wrong in my eyes since Wings..If you haven't watched you really should..

Amena > Skylar White

Good Lord this batch is the worst.
I can’t imagine the death she’s going to face.
It better be Epic!

The Third Day is crazy good.

Was not expecting it to be some mystery psychological thriller journey.

HBO lowkey killing it on Monday nights too with We Are Who We Are.
Wow I haven't checked on HBO for a while, may have to start. Can you list more?

These two looked pretty intriguing

S1ep6 of Britannia; a couple of questions and comments
1. The White haired lady, Queen Anetedia, I find her very attractive
2. Sawyer is wrong for the way he speaks about Ise in front of his little girl Cait.
3. What was up with Amena going to hug Queen Kerra and pulling that knife? She hugs her and where did the knife go? Instead she walks away with a small cross in her hands.
4. ......

Oh snap, I just realized that wasn’t a cross in her hand it was Kerry’s hair, she cut a piece off and now she’s doing black magic and summoning demons and casting spells.....oh ship

3. What was up with Amena going to hug Queen Kerra and pulling that knife? She hugs her and where did the knife go? Instead she walks away with a small cross in her hands.

Amena cut some of Kerra's hair. She put the knife back up her sleeve I think.

EDit: Yup

Amena > Skylar White

Good Lord this batch is the worst.
I can’t imagine the death she’s going to face.
It better be Epic!
:lol: You gonna feel a way after s1 :lol:

Finish the season before asking any more questions.
Wow I haven't checked on HBO for a while, may have to start. Can you list more?

These two looked pretty intriguing
Lovecraft Country
Euphoria
Succession
Chernobyl
I May Destroy You
I Know This Much Is True
The Plot Against America
Insecure
Barry
Big Little Lies
Betty
Mrs. Fletcher
A Black Lady Sketch Show
The Young/New Pope
Random Acts of Fitness
High Maintenance
Avenue 5
Raised By Wolves
Watchmen

:lol: You gonna feel a way after s1 :lol:

Finish the season before asking any more questions.

Lovecraft Country
Euphoria
Succession
Chernobyl
I May Destroy You
I Know This Much Is True
The Plot Against America
Insecure
Barry
Big Little Lies
Betty
Mrs. Fletcher