The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Skip this and watch The Place Beyond The Pines.
Other than having in common telling more than one story where Pines tells 2 and Devill tells 3 or 4 I dont get the point of bringing it up.

Two different movies.
And I still don't understand Bucky's motivation for anything he did in the 4th quarter.
Even after he said why? :lol:

He literally said in the woods something like I know she did some bad things but you still killed my sister.

Almost done with Hell On Wheels.
Almost everyone has a crap life in this show. Those close to Bohannon especially and their life ends in tragedy. Lily, Elam and Ruth bae. Dunno why but Ruth bae’s last episode had me in my feels. She lost Ezra, shot his killer, knew she was going to hang, finally told Bohannon she loved him. Sad end for her. Great scene when she asked Cullen if he loved her and he said he did then she said “No, but do you love me?”. Her life could’ve been so different if Bohannon didn’t knock up Naomi.

Also when Lily started being with fat, old durant I wanted to puke. When Eva bae offered herself to him I wanted to puke again. Now I saw Maggie Palmer’s sexy cougar self sleep with him and have the urge to vomit.

Started Malestrom on hulu and intetesting so far.

Started Star Treak: Discovery and it’s really good so far.

Gotta finish up Picard.

Other than having in common telling more than one story where Pines tells 2 and Devill tells 3 or 4 I dont get the point of bringing it up.

Two different movies.

Even after he said why? :lol:

He literally said in the woods something like I know she did some bad things but you still killed my sister.

Still super lazy writing.

He didn't even seem to care about his sister.

Makes no sense thats he'd do all that after murking his bosses and destroying the evidence.

Just was all over the place.

And the similarities between this and Pines is there.

If you can't see it thats on you.

Still super lazy writing.

He didn't even seem to care about his sister.

Makes no sense thats he'd do all that after murking his bosses and destroying the evidence.
We probably gonna have to disagree here.

First you said you don't know why a character did what he did now you saying it was lazy writing but before you aint even know why :lol:

Pretty obvious dude and his sister got a ****ed up relationship. They already established he cared enough about her to get her off on previous charges when they talked earlier in the movie.

The reasons for his actions are clear. What he did to the guy he was working for has nothing to do with his sister's death. Those are two different stories. He already covered that up.

Just was all over the place.

And the similarities between this and Pines is there.

If you can't see it thats on you.
Pines was about a cop and a thief, the crime and their interaction that then became years later about their sons and another crime.

Devil is a period piece about a super religious dad whose belief doesn't save his dying wife who commits that, a corrupt sheriff that turns on the criminals he was working for as he tries to get reelected as sheriff, a traveling serial killing couple that uses sex to kill hitchhikers, a delusional religious man so crazy he "sacrifices" his wife, a sexual predator pedophile preacher, and a boy who lost his parents who goes to live with his grandma and a girl she adopted who lost her parents and how he ends up doing a murder after his sister dies and how all of those stories connect and interact

The only thing the two movies have in common is that they tell more than one story with multiple main characters but you could argue The Place Beyond the Pines is just about one bigger story covering 2 generations.

Calling Devil All the Time a great value The Place Beyond the Pines is like calling A Bronx Tale a dollar store version of Carlito's Way.

It doesn't make sense when you think about it but hey that's you.

We probably gonna have to disagree here.

First you said you don't know why a character did what he did now you saying it was lazy writing but before you aint even know why :lol:

Pretty obvious dude and his sister got a ****ed up relationship. They already established he cared enough about her to get her off on previous charges when they talked earlier in the movie.

The reasons for his actions are clear. What he did to the guy he was working for has nothing to do with his sister's death. Those are two different stories. He already covered that up.

Pines was about a cop and a thief, the crime and their interaction that then became years later about their sons and another crime.

Devil is a period piece about a super religious dad whose belief doesn't save his dying wife who commits that, a corrupt sheriff that turns on the criminals he was working for as he tries to get reelected as sheriff, a traveling serial killing couple that uses sex to kill hitchhikers, a delusional religious man so crazy he "sacrifices" his wife, a sexual predator pedophile preacher, and a boy who lost his parents who goes to live with his grandma and a girl she adopted who lost her parents and how he ends up doing a murder after his sister dies and how all of those stories connect and interact

The only thing the two movies have in common is that they tell more than one story with multiple main characters but you could argue The Place Beyond the Pines is just about one bigger story covering 2 generations.

Calling Devil All the Time a great value The Place Beyond the Pines is like calling A Bronx Tale a dollar store version of Carlito's Way.

It doesn't make sense when you think about it but hey that's you.

Yeah, agree to disagree.

Maybe they missed me with the movie dragging like mule!

Revised score.

2.6/8

The Trial Of The Chicago 7

RealAcademicEmu-size_restricted.gif

Now this right here *****!

This might be the best movie Netflix has ever produced.

Every single actor and actress hit their spots perfectly no matter how big or small the part or role was.

9.8/10

I was wondering about the Trial Of The Chicago 7

I finally watched The Take, it was better than I expected it to be.

Any kind of end of the world, zombie (eh), plague type series?

I liked Containment, sad it got canned.

Have you seen Black Summer from last year?

The Third Day is crazy good.

Was not expecting it to be some mystery psychological thriller journey.

HBO lowkey killing it on Monday nights too with We Are Who We Are.
I’m on episode 4 and I keep asking myself why this lady won’t mind her business and head home. **** is perplexing.

Really good so far.

Finally got around to watching this, binged it in a few days. Wonderful watch, definitely up there as far as kdramas go. Just a great group of characters and good, non cliche plot.

Watching stuff that might appeal to a bigger audience isn't meant for just the phone. I need to watch **** on the big screen.

The Third Day is crazy good.

Was not expecting it to be some mystery psychological thriller journey.

HBO lowkey killing it on Monday nights too with We Are Who We Are.

Thanks, this was flying under my radar until you mentioned it. The previews didn't do it for me, It's very good though once I got into it.

Thanks, this was flying under my radar until you mentioned it. The previews didn't do it for me, It's very good though once I got into it.
Same first impression. I thought this was something else completely and then I was like oh **** what is going on with the ppl on this island.

Back
Top Bottom