The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

Damn man, when you live with your parents the movies is the spot. :lol:

Man I used to do some wild **** in there. I had this play when I turned 21 and a bunch of my chicks weren't. I would cop movie tickets during the day for a night show. When we'd get there, the chick wouldn't get carded and we'd drink a ton. Plus popcorn would be included with the ticket so it was a smooth 50 dollar night. I thought I'd be leaving that game to my son but I highly doubt his theater experience will look anything close to mine

Man I used to do some wild **** in there. I had this play when I turned 21 and a bunch of my chicks weren't. I would cop movie tickets during the day for a night show. When we'd get there, the chick wouldn't get carded and we'd drink a ton. Plus popcorn would be included with the ticket so it was a smooth 50 dollar night. I thought I'd be leaving that game to my son but I highly doubt his theater experience will look anything close to mine

man, our sons gonna tell us to go to the room while he Netflix and chills

That's not what I said.

You seemed to miss a part of my post.

My last statement was "Soon its just gonna be the 2 major theater chains just in major cities." Then you replied "that's everything" and compared it to American car companies going out of business and merging even though that's not the best comparison given American car companies don't just compete with each other.

I was working under the context of where the movie theater industry is going to end up.

Read that a couple of times

and movie theaters are how movie studios make money. They aren't making a couple of billion off a movie streaming. Movie theaters are why Warner Brothers and Universal have had a bad year. There's a trickle down effect that's a lot bigger than your local movie studio. It's a trillion dollar industry with thousands of employees.

Read that a couple of times

and movie theaters are how movie studios make money. They aren't making a couple of billion off a movie streaming. Movie theaters are why Warner Brothers and Universal have had a bad year. There's a trickle down effect that's a lot bigger than your local movie studio. It's a trillion dollar industry with thousands of employees.
That's why the suggestion that these movie studios should start opening their own movie theaters was actually a good idea.

They have to adapt and plan for it now. The 1st quarter of next year is gonna be more of the same.

Also if these studios had been committing to streaming for the last 10 years (at the least) streaming movies would also be a trillion dollar business.

Again why do you think Moviepass was such a big thing? Forced theaters to start their own versions. If all of this is just on the pandemic and things will go back to how they were and theaters and studios don't have to change how this business operates cuz billions of dollars worth of ppl.cant wait to go back to theaters why is it that a company like AMC *****es and moans if a studio announces their movie will also debut on a streaming service?

Theaters were complaining before the pandemic. If this keeps up the only thing movie theaters will be good for are blockbuster franchises and that list isn't as long as you think and they don't release that many movies yearly.

Rebel Army was pretty spectrum-ed. <For lack of a better non word. Multiple real world and teenage pov's from the angle of society and race.

His House 6/8 - Really enjoyed this one. The transitions are perfect and the combo of real world tragedy and horror elements were great.

My Octopus Teacher - No rating. I couldn't get into this.

Back
Top Bottom