The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

All this talk about Your Honor...while watching Homecoming, I saw an ad for this movie The Lie from 2018 with a similar premise. Anyone check it out?
If we talking The Lie that's on Amazon nah. Slightly the same premise to start but they veer off differently.

They're both covering up for their kid doing w/e they can but there's a twist for The Lie that's pretty ****ed up.

If we talking The Lie that's on Amazon nah. Slightly the same premise to start but they veer off differently.

They're both covering up for their kid doing w/e they can but there's a twist for The Lie that's pretty ****ed up.

Yeah that’s the one I was referencing. Going to turn it on after S1 of Homecoming. Good looks as always :nthat:

:wow: :wow:

That twist had me all the way shook. Came out of nowhere. Folks took it waaayyyyy too far. Not even sure what they were hoping to accomplish with that move tbh

I stopped Vikings around Season 3, might have been the commercials on history channel more than the show, but I did I like Last Kingdom better

The Last Kingdom isn't close to the Vikings. I cringe every time I see that. I understand the last couple seasons being long in the tooth so to speak.

Just as Lupin gets interesting I realize it's the last episode and it does something stupid. Like whoever is writing the intriguing parts need to do better, won't spoil it but all of sudden you got a bunch of mixed kids dressed the same? The police are also unbearably stupid, sheesh. I suspended disbelief, but meet me halfway a little with this stuff.
I was thinking of getting into Lupin, but after finishing Queens Gambit and then Homecoming. Is dude a new actor or just does a lot of foreign films. I always think of Lupin the anime when I see the ad for it.
I mean it's not bad per se, but it's like a b movie in a tv show format. The heists, mysteries, cops are so basic and I can't pretend to be intrigued, i'm not. I'm fan of anything Dumas inspired and Omar is my guy but meh.
Sounds like I am about to be watching Hudson Hawk as a series. :smh:

Aelswith from The Last Kingdom

Last Kingdom has just jumped up the list on shows I watch without the wife. Them hips something serious though, they mass match?

Don't know if this the right place but binged Atlanta this weekend, been hearing so much about it but never got around to it. I started at like 10:30 Saturday night ain't go to bed until I finished the 1st season, picked up Sunday afternoon and wife came in and watched the last 4/5 episodes.

STOP BEING WEIRD!!!!

Last Kingdom has just jumped up the list on shows I watch without the wife. Them hips something serious though, they mass match?

tenor.gif

I have no interest in this genre but want to watch this show :lol:

Watched Wheels of Fortune last night. It has Matt Jones, Badger from Breaking Bad, kind of corny but entertaining enough for a lazy day watch.

if you're basing possible viewing of the last kingdom off her Instagram prepare to be hugely disappointed

Yes, huge warning- her character on The Last Kingdom is the complete opposite of who she is irl. I posted that more so for fans of the show than potential new show watchers. On the show, she’s mean as hell and fully clothed.

I was thinking of getting into Lupin, but after finishing Queens Gambit and then Homecoming. Is dude a new actor or just does a lot of foreign films. I always think of Lupin the anime when I see the ad for it.

Sounds like I am about to be watching Hudson Hawk as a series. :smh:

:lol: About right, minus all that action and it takes itself seriously. Some folks are clearly with it though so this is a judge for yourself situation, you might like it.

Omar Sy is an award winning french actor though

If you like that genre then YES better than Vikings IMO.
Yup. Totally agree. I started to hate vikings so much when Ragnar had a bunch of beta sons. The season where his sons kept passing around that slave girl and raping her and the cripple son couldn't get it up and got embarrassed so he was gonna kill her made me not be down with the show anymore. Wanted to see that crawling fool get stomped out.

Back
Top Bottom