The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

True Detective season 1 is basically perfect TV.
Season 3 is pretty good too.
Season 2 and especially Vince Vaughn’s character may be one of the worst things I’ve seen on TV.

I still don't understand the hate for season 2.

I also watched season 2 before season 1.

If it was named anything other then True Detectives S2 I think people would appreciate it more.

Like The Wire S2 in time people will come to appreciate at it for what it is.

Still havent seen season 2 of True Detective. NT and the ratings turned me off. Maybe I'll try it one day.

Still havent seen season 2 of True Detective. NT and the ratings turned me off. Maybe I'll try it one day.
I can't lie I know it was bad but I couldn't turn away. Just watching a trainwreck with a couple drinks, I struggled through it. Getting some maintenance on the house today and turned on Netflix. Oh we BACK for season 3?
ragnarok-netflix-review-season-1-1.jpg

I still don't understand the hate for season 2.

I also watched season 2 before season 1.

If it was named anything other then True Detectives S2 I think people would appreciate it more.

Like The Wire S2 in time people will come to appreciate at it for what it is.
Well that explains it exactly.

If you watched it as it came out you'd notice the huge drop in quality. From story telling to acting.

Going from McConaughey and Woody to Vaughn, McAdams, Farrell, and Kitsch was just a big step down. The writing was even worse though (in comparison).

By itself, s2 is just an average show.

Well that explains it exactly.

If you watched it as it came out you'd notice the huge drop in quality. From story telling to acting.

Going from McConaughey and Woody to Vaughn, McAdams, Farrell, and Kitsch was just a big step down. The writing was even worse though (in comparison).

By itself, s2 is just an average show.

Thats why I always suggest watching S2 before S1.

Unpopular opinion.... S3 was trash.

Yeah S1 is an across the board, unchallenged banger, why bypass that to invest in a season with mixed reviews not knowing where your thoughts will lie?

So what they did to Black Mirror.

Hopefully there won't be season 6 of that. I did actually like Bandersnatch. Mush have spent 4 hours with that movie messing around.

Supposedly there will be 8 more episodes of Love Death and Robots for season 2. They've got a very tiny window to redeem themselves. I'm not optimistic.

Bruh...this show is an anthology.
Like an actual anthology.... :wink:

So you really don't lose much by not watching S2.

You bout to have folks give up on the entire series early lol.

No, no.

My bad thats not what I mean.

I can see why watching season 2 after watching season 1 could leave you not liking S2.

Im juat saying if you watch S2 first and like that, it sets up to like S2 and S1 because it gets better instead of getting worse.

Watching S2 in a vacuum cut out the disappointment factor for me.

I didn't know HOW good S1 was.

A lot of people call it perfect.

How you follow up perfect?

May not work for everyone but I honestly have no problem with S2 and thats the only way I can come to a reason why its so hated.

Thats why I always suggest watching S2 before S1.

Unpopular opinion.... S3 was trash.
Yeah but it still doesn't make s2 good.

If s2 came first it would've been a largely forgettable show most wouldn't have watched and HBO cancels it (like they almost did until s3).

Last edited:
I wonder if PANIC is any good?
I know I’ve got 10 tweets from PRIME over the last 5 minutes, talking about #readySetPANIC

I wonder if PANIC is any good?
I know I’ve got 10 tweets from PRIME over the last 5 minutes, talking about #readySetPANIC

This show is trash. I quit 4 episodes in. 4 hours of my life I'm not getting back. :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh: :smh:

I need someone to give me a reason to continue beyond the first 4 episodes:rofl:

Randomly started watching Grey's Anatomy. Was expecting stuff to be somewhat outdated... I'm enjoying it but the white and male favored writing is lol funny

Episode1 in the books.
It’s your typical YA cliche but, there’s enough going on here to keep us entertained. A bunch of faces I don’t recognize is always dope. I only see one face that I’m familiar with and that’s the Spanish Cop.

The emcee of the games also seems like Ive seen him something? Maybe Nick Cannons “Love Don’t Cost a Thing”?

Currently watching first season right now

show is really interesting considering it’s about crypto and that’s all everyone talks about these days

Aye man, thanks for the rec. I got up to ep5 yesterday. Show is pretty solid. I'll probably finish S1 this weekend.

Watched startup with wifey over the last couple weeks. Has some crypto, some fine girls, one of those that has cliffhangers to keep you entertained at the end of every episode. Not a MUST-WATCH, but entertaining and would recommend.

Back
Top Bottom