The Official Netflix Thread Tho: Recommend Streaming Movies

finished watching Arcane. really good and well made animated series.

now, I'm about to restart watching Elves.

I also kind of saw the twist coming in True Story but was hoping they would go back and show flashbacks of the events. It was an entertaining watch even if a few things bugged me from time to time. Funny how Kevin is playing a comedian but the only time he's shown on stage is when he says nothing.

Additionally, Kevin killing Ari, the two brothers and his own brother didn't really sit right with me. I get his character used to abuse drugs and was an addict but they never mentioned him having a violent past. Ok maybe he can kill Ari but I dunno it just didn't make sense that all the sudden he could be some cold blooded killer.

I mean it's stupid to think just because a character is based on you about a FICTIONAL event means you cant miss the mark in a movie.
But they clearly even wrote the role for Kevin he wasn't just an actor in it but exec. producer.

I don't think at any point they said who should we cast. Kevin said I'm doing it.

This would just come down to you having a problem with his acting.

Why'd Colin Kaepernick make his white parents look so goofy in this Netflix series like this for?

But they clearly even wrote the role for Kevin he wasn't just an actor in it but exec. producer.

I don't think at any point they said who should we cast. Kevin said I'm doing it.

This would just come down to you having a problem with his acting.
Yup. I thought it was entertaining but wasnt feeling Kevs acting too much in this role. I thought he did better in Upside which wasn't based on him.

finished watching Arcane. really good and well made animated series.

now, I'm about to restart watching Elves.
Arcane was ****ing raw. The art-style, the voice-acting, the trauma/emotions, the character development, all top notch. Especially considering it was an animated show based on a video game, they could have easily went for a shallow, action driven approach, but they dug deep with this show.

Arcane was ****ing raw. The art-style, the voice-acting, the trauma/emotions, the character development, all top notch. Especially considering it was an animated show based on a video game, they could have easily went for a shallow, action driven approach, but they dug deep with this show.
You just sold it to me lol. Gonna check this out.

Do it, the only people that don't like it are the people that hate the art-style. But if you dig it, than you'll definitely enjoy the story.
the art style is beautiful. kinda reminds me of the manga dimension figures. I'm still waiting for the Ultra Instinct Manga Dimension figure. too bad I skipped on the SS4 figure, my loss.

just finished watching Elves and damn what a disappointment. promising plot but terrible execution. could have been good but really bad. I don't recommend it at all. plus all the characters and voice acting are really terrible.

had to watch something else afterwards just to cleanse my palate.

It's crazy he's the biggest "star" but doesn't even try to exercise care in the roles he chooses.

Filmography to filmography. I got Sly or Arnold over Dwayne.

Back
Top Bottom