--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
We need to establish a consistent running game to get hits off of Brady. I think Brady's days of dominating a game are over, the offense needs to evolve. Hard running? maybe get a 2nd dynamic tight end again?

We need to establish a consistent running game to get hits off of Brady. I think Brady's days of dominating a game are over, the offense needs to evolve. Hard running? maybe get a 2nd dynamic tight end again?

i dunno. i know my rep on this board is the biggest brady homer around, but i don't think he showed us anything that points to him not being able to be dominant. him getting planted 20+ times against Denver isn't because he's fallen off. he's fine when he's upright.

that said, a running game would DEFINITELY help. but i don't think we move to a power running game. we were 100% fine with dion lewis back there scampering around. our huge flaw this year was OL. it needs to be fixed...mostly from a talent standpoint and somewhat from a coaching standpoint. they had WAY too many combinations in there this year, out of necessity, i know. need to stabilize it and get healthy. we better draft that position and not miss. no more marcus cannons.

and some help at WR/TE wouldn't hurt either.

Last edited:
Yea I don't think he's running out of gas soon either,he just led the league in TD'S again with little to no ground game...

Obviously it'd be ideal if we had a decent run game next year but he's definitely shown that he can still throw it 40-50 times a game and win.

Man Forte is a dream of mine...

Last edited:
Only holding out hope because of this

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...t-forte-on-future-i-want-to-be-in-super-bowls

Appearing on Friday's edition of NFL Network's Super Bowl Live, Forte suggested that he would be willing to take less money to join a Super Bowl contender in 2016.

"It's not even about the money," Forte emphasized. "I want to be in the Super Bowls."

:nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Just imagine having a top 10 RB in the league along with a pass catching back like Dion...

View media item 1906855

Last edited:
sounds like retirement? but yeah it's kind of ambiguous. my dude is leaving the door open :lol:

he's always hurt it seems, anyway. probably making the right decision

Yeah, he's retiring. He didn't specify that when he initially posted :lol:

And he's finished the last 3 seasons on IR, so it probably was the right decision.

I always liked Mayo though :pimp:

Some beat writer mentioned that he's the type of guy to get brought back to be on the staff in some way.

Last edited:
I'd love to see my man Mayo as a LB coach. Dude was a stud the few seasons he was healthy always leading the team in tackles and really doing the dirty work on D. It's a shame he could never stay healthy near the end but he had a more than solid career, glad he was at least able to enjoy a ring last season before hanging them up :smokin

Last edited:
I hope we don't sign Forte, I don't think he has much left in the tank. if it happens, its gotta be on the cheap.

Congrats Mayo, loved to watch him play. Also doesn't force the team to make a tough decision.

Last edited:
In regards to Forte, I'm confident that NE realizes what he is at this stage in his career and won't overpay for him. I'd personally love to see him on this team, but for the right price.

Monday, February 29, 2016
New deal links Tom Brady to Patriots through 2019
By Mike Reiss
ESPN.com

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Quarterback Tom Brady and the New England Patriots have agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2019 season, NFL sources tell ESPN's Adam Schefter and Dianna Russini.

Brady had two years left on his contract, paying him $9 million in 2016 and $10 million in 2017. Brady's salary-cap charge for 2016 was scheduled to be a team-high $15 million, and the extension will likely lower that number.

The Patriots have about $13 million in salary-cap space and are in the beginning stages of planning for possible extensions with a core group of defenders whose contracts expire after the 2016 season. That group includes linebackers Jamie Collins and Dont'a Hightower, defensive end Chandler Jones and cornerback Malcolm Butler.

The deal with Brady is not yet signed and may not be for a little while, sources said.

Brady turns 39 in August, and the new deal gives him the chance to play into his 40s, something he has expressed an interest in doing.

Backup Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, a 2014 second-round draft choice out of Eastern Illinois, is signed through the 2017 season.

Last edited:
Didn't realize this was a thread
nthat.gif

Chandler...i was really shocked he didn't contribute more, to be honest. dude used to really give us fits when he was on the Bills. thought he would have been super reliable for us. especially after pre-season and his debut against Pitt.

LaFell...actually would have been willing to give this guy a pass. he was huge for us a year ago. i think injuries and sitting out the start of the year really impacted his year. i think he could have contributed this coming year, but at the same time, not a huge loss. interested to see who they bring in. they've got to have someone in mind (FA or draft) if they just cut him loose. i don't think he's a guy that they expect to be available come training camp.

Pats are being a little too quiet for my liking.

granted the Jets will end up with Sanchez lmao

and the Dolphins are burying themselves...

but I wanna see a little initiative

give me something

yeah. we're being patient as usual. basically locking up some our key and role guys, or picking up their options

Brady
Gronk
Branch
Coleman

Not sure what the word is on Hicks, but I think they're trying to bring him back. Not sure if the Branch option getting picked up affects that or not.

Tavon Wilson will not return as a Patriot. I'm fine with it. So long

FAs I'd love to bring on:

Forte
Weddle
Janoris Jenkins or Sean Smith (mega reach here :lol: )

I'm sure things will pick up after tomorrow. No one came off the market that I would have thought BB was looking at anyways.

yeah. we're being patient as usual. basically locking up some our key and role guys, or picking up their options

Brady
Gronk
Branch
Coleman

Not sure what the word is on Hicks, but I think they're trying to bring him back. Not sure if the Branch option getting picked up affects that or not.

Tavon Wilson will not return as a Patriot. I'm fine with it. So long

FAs I'd love to bring on:

Forte
Weddle
Janoris Jenkins or Sean Smith (mega reach here
laugh.gif
)
I'm sure things will pick up after tomorrow. No one came off the market that I would have thought BB was looking at anyways.
what do you guys think about our RB situation?

Dion Lewis should be back healthy but i think hes far from an every down back unless they mold the playbook around it.

i think we might miss out on Forte to Green Bay.

i wouldnt mind resigning Blount but hes really just a teamer at this point, nothing great, but nothing really bad i guess

Back
Top Bottom