--- THE OFFICIAL NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS THREAD --- OFFSEASON THREAD

What Are You Concerned About Heading Into This Season???

• Brady turning 40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Safety

• Gostkowski

• Total voters
man one other area of low key concern...Gronk leading all receivers/TEs in drops so far in training camp. dropping A LOT of balls from it sounds like

Based on the initial exams, #Patriots WR Julian Edelman's injury is not believed to be serious, source said. Will keep checking.

From Rap

Hearing that Malcolm Mitchell has been impressing in camp and has the fewest drops. Wouldn't mind seeing him out there while Jules recovers

Mike ReissVerified account
‏@MikeReiss
Patriots DE Rob Ninkovich is scheduled to undergo MRI to determine severity of triceps injury that knocked him out of practice.

torn tricep would be the season :smh:

Ian RapoportVerified account
‏@RapSheet
With #Patriots LB Rob Ninkovich tearing just his tricep muscle, no surgery is necessary. Rehab. If all goes well, he could return by Oct

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 29m29 minutes ago
#Patriots LB Rob Ninkovich tore his tricep, source confirmed (as @MikeReiss reported). He did not tear his tricep tendon. That's good news.

Last edited:
Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 27m27 minutes ago
Julian Edelman will indeed be OK. He got some numbness, pins and needles in his left foot during practice. Pats should take it slow with him

Dodged a couple bullets today :nerd:

Edelman and Nink (hopefully) out there like....

d5da56a6e0ec1dbcac68.gif

no Brady, Edelman, or Gronk tonight as far as starters who are practicing. we obviously won't see the guys who haven't practiced yet, either (Lewis and Dola, in particular).

Jimmy will likely play 3 quarters. interested to see how it goes at RB tonight. assume we'll run quite a bit with the RB spot up in the air.

some stats from TC so far that i saw posted:

View media item 2130295
View media item 2130296
View media item 2130297
View media item 2130298

What happened to Mitchell :frown:

I only got to watch the 1st quarter.

not the easiest to watch if you got a light stomach :lol:

elbow hyperextension or break from the looks of it. tough to tell from that angle

Last edited:
if that's short term, hope so. would be great news :pimp:

That's what I saw from Doug Moore. Obviously they'll know more from the MRI, but they said the popped it back into place. That looked bad though.

The Shread strip and Collins pick 6 was nice in that 1st quarter. White should have scored on the screen play too.

^ good stuff on Mitchell, guys :pimp:

our offensive line had plenty of breakdowns, especially early. but the big bright spot was rookie G Joe Thuney. getting great reviews for his performance tonight. that's MUCH needed help on the line.

Yea, OL looked meh. If Cannon makes the team with how much he makes. SMH
On a positive note,Dline was impressive. Flowers looked great and Chris Long looked surprisingly pretty explosive. Very excited to see this young defense this year.

Jimmy looked decent. Other than that throw across his body, I thought he did a nice job playing without 5 of his top 6 weapons

Cool to see Gaffney finally play and have a big game. I really wish we could find a big back to challenge Blount. It would help Jimmy a lot in the first 4 games.

Overall, I thought it was a good performance for the team. Can't wait for the season, it's a talented, very deep group.

just finished watching the replay from NFL network last night since i missed parts of the game early on yesterday

- jaime collins is READY to go. shut him down until the opener. maybe a couple series in preseason game 3. he's ready to go though
- malcolm brown and jabaal sheard are going to have big years. caused a lot of issues for the saints
- bennett and gronk will be an un-coverable duo. can't wait
- our offensive line might literally get jimmy G killed if they don't get it together quick
- running the ball needs to be a HUGE focus in the preseason. gotta run the ball or jimmy G is going to get cooked

Every time I hear something Gronk related, I fear the worst now. I'm hoping whatever happened today is nothing at all :frown:

Back
Top Bottom