🍎 OFFICIAL NEW YORK METS THREAD 🍎: V.s. St. Louis 4/26-4/28

sup famz

its been a while. Im happy with the way our off-season has begun.

My fav pic now for Manager is Alex Cora. I dont want Ventura

I just want one season where Harvey, Thor, DeGrom, and Matz are all healthy for a majority of the season together. Put aside the fact that Harvey needs to also get over this mental and recent personal struggles. I don't know anything about Mickey Callaway, but hope springs eternal. LGM!

I just want one season where Harvey, Thor, DeGrom, and Matz are all healthy for a majority of the season together. Put aside the fact that Harvey needs to also get over this mental and recent personal struggles. I don't know anything about Mickey Callaway, but hope springs eternal. LGM!
We had that in 2015 and we saw how it worked. I don’t think we’ll ever get back to that level though. Harvey looks finished. Matz is turning into Cardinals Mark Mulder.

Maybe this new coach will help elevate Harveys game for the 1st half of the season and thats when we'll trade him. The Mets wont be able to lock down Noah, Degrom AND Harvey. Midas wale trade the least of them for something.

Im very pleased with Mickey as the new coach.

He's saying all the right things. This is a good start to a productive off-season. Going to be interesting to see who the hire as their pitching coach.

My thoughts for the infield.....

So Asdrubal C. wants to come back to the mets and is ok with playing 3rd base. At 8.5 mil for 1 year as the team option and him finishing with a .280 BA, I say "yes" bring back AsCab as our starting 3rd baseman.
https://sports.yahoo.com/mets-exercise-asdrubal-cabrera-option-214850313.html

AsCab at 3rd, Rosario at SS, Flores at 2nd, and D.Smith at 1st, thats a pretty decent defending infield with a lot of potential on the offensive side and VERY cheap. That'll free up $ for pitching and offering Bruce a decent contract.

Lagares is due 6.5 mil next year, Im ready to cut ties with him. As great as his glove is, hes injury prone and his bat is dead. Not worth the $.

^

Agreed

Aoki doesn't strike out much

Im hoping with the new coaching staff, we'll see some of Collins "favorites" not get the same playing time and maybe even get traded.

I also think with J. Familia and Ramos both giving up too many walks, we cant afford that in late innings and close score situations. I'd love to see Fam traded sometime soon.

picked these up during October, using some bday $ :smile:

hat stash 10.17.jpg

I find it weird that the Bullpen is a top priority when most of the trades we received was for pitching.
http://metsmerizedonline.com/2017/11/mets-top-priority-is-bolstering-bullpen.html/

Im ok with giving Ramos the closer role and letting go of Familia or even having Familia as just another late-inning pitcher. But I dont want Familia being the closer anymore. He's lacking control and has burnt us the last 2 post-seasons.

As far as the infield, going from 3rd to 1st, I like Cabrera, Rosario, Flores and Dominick as our starters. Keep Reyes (only for cheap) as a backup. I think if we dedicate Flores to training him as a 2nd baseman this winter/spring training and give him the job as the starting 2nd baseman, he'll be ok defensively and could really break out offensively.

This projected infield of mine is cheap, could be at least average defensively and very potent offensively.

2018 Projected Arbitration
The number in parentheses next to each player is his estimated Major League service time (Years.Days) through 2017 (172 days constitutes a full year of Major League service, per the collective bargaining agreement).
  • Matt Harvey (5.072) – $5.9MM
  • A.J. Ramos (5.030) – $9.2MM
  • Jeurys Familia (5.024) – $7.4MM
  • Zack Wheeler (4.098) – $1.9MM
  • Travis d’Arnaud (4.044) – $3.4MM
  • Wilmer Flores (4.003) – $3.7MM
  • Jacob deGrom (3.139) – $9.2MM
  • Noah Syndergaard (2.149) – $1.9MM
  • Hansel Robles (2.127) – $1.0MM
I forget how cheap Darnaud is lolol. Im still tired of his inconsistent bat.

S.I. list of free agents
https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/11/05/m...m&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_twitter_si

Id be ok with signing Howie Kendrick to a 1 year deal. Dude playes infield and outfield and he hit .315.

If CC Sabathia doesnt stay with the Yanks, he's the kind of pitcher we need.

Im not a fan of Todd Frazier. His BA has been dropping the last 3 seasons, hes another sub .250 hitter with diminishing power. We dont need that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom