The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

What a let down if thats the case, not even close to the ogs
upload_2019-7-9_20-57-18.jpeg
upload_2019-7-9_20-52-42.png

I wouldnt say not even close. All they really need is a slightly slimmer toe. Its much better than what was going on before. In proper og materials it might look pretty damn good. Not sure about the swoosh though at all. Why would they expose it at the top like that all of a sudden? I cant tell if i like it more that way or less since it isnt og...

Did some research and these are the initial differences/improvements that I was able to find.

-OG stitching over the swoosh on the side panel

-OG style “stitch delete” at forefoot bend

-Overall sleeker, more streamlined mudguard going toward the toe box.

That stitch over the swoosh on the side is going to go a long way. Gives the shoe an extra dynamic that retros have never had. Never noticed that detail was missing from retros.

2A64D6C3-E4DA-41F4-9DD7-2879A927FC61.jpeg

Pics of OGs for reference.
05755730-AC8B-4DDF-A278-B18CC281E3E4.jpeg
0045F904-65B2-4D37-BA70-E96CE2BEEC05.jpeg
DEA204C5-5FB4-44B6-A892-7872964A57FF.jpeg

Last edited:
CN8490-002

XXXX - CN8490-002 - 001.png
XXXX - CN8490-002 - 002.png
XXXX - CN8490-002 - 003.png
Nice, very nice, ican notice already
-the swoosh is different, closer to the OGs
-the stitch on the side, like the OGs also
-the smaller toebox that will allow to have this shape on feet
upload_2019-7-10_1-46-4.png

looking foward to see the spruce colorway with the new shape if they ever produce them

upload_2019-7-9_20-57-18.jpeg
upload_2019-7-9_20-52-42.png

I wouldnt say not even close. All they really need is a slightly slimmer toe. Its much better than what was going on before. In proper og materials it might look pretty damn good. Not sure about the swoosh though at all. Why would they expose it at the top like that all of a sudden? I cant tell if i like it more that way or less since it isnt og...
Not close because you're comparing to a non OG model.

All Nike has to do is release all the older colorways on this page in about the same shape and I’d be a happy camper.

I don’t feel like that’s asking too much. :lol:
Pretty sure thats exactly what theyre doing.

I never cared for the stitch line.

But’ll considering I probably have and have had more 90s than any other shoe, ill take what they offer gladly.

The guy that spearheaded the remastered 90s really went all out making these a “stitch for stitch” retro. The final sample I saw was pretty spot on. Holding them for me was like finding a pair of wearable OGs in the stockroom.

Well this is very encouraging. :pimp:

On
The guy that spearheaded the remastered 90s really went all out making these a “stitch for stitch” retro. The final sample I saw was pretty spot on. Holding them for me was like finding a pair of wearable OGs in the stockroom.
this would be a dream come true

The angle of the mudguard must be a lot more "agressive" so it gets that og aerodynamic shape..we'll see
But im not counting on any major improvement

Back
Top Bottom