The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Promising shape, looking foward to see the spruces with this new shape. Only non-leather OG pair I'm in for if they retro.

Tried scrolling through the thread for like 10 pages to find the answer before asking but didn’t see anything. For people who own the Python retro, what do y’all think? Worth the cop?

Adds a nice dynamic that I’ve never had or got to experience. Looks better to me and I like the idea of knowing that’s how they were originally tooled and constructed. Different folks different stokes I guess.

Tried scrolling through the thread for like 10 pages to find the answer before asking but didn’t see anything. For people who own the Python retro, what do y’all think? Worth the cop?

Can't speak on the OG, but the green pythons are excellent. The leather is actually soft and malleable. Copped at retail and have no regrets.

I get that. I just think removing it was an improvement to the og.
I think some people will also tell themselves it’s better because it was an OG feature so that means it HAS to be. Not everything that is originally a part of something always automatically makes it better

It’s something I notice a lot of people do on the site since so many people care about having all things OG

Last edited:
I don’t really care one way or the other on the additional swoosh stitch.

My focus is the improved toe and the move back to a low from what ended up more or less being a mid height shoe.

I think some people will also tell themselves it’s better because it was an OG feature so that means it HAS to be. Not everything that is originally a part of something always automatically makes it better

It’s something I notice a lot of people do on the site since so many people care about having all things OG

Agreed.
Imagine owning a car with no power steering, seatbelts, air bags, and radio. Because that’s OG y’all.

Love how they brung back the color behind the tongue :pimp:

IMO when it pertains to shoes specifically, the OGs are always better. No way around it. I don’t really understand the people like yourself who say otherwise. If not for the original you wouldn’t even have the inspiration for the retro. If y’all hate the OG construction more power to ya. Couldn’t be me.

. If not for the original you wouldn’t even have the inspiration for the retro.
Same can be said for a car. You want an OG Tahoe or a 2019 Tahoe? I'll take 2019 bc they made it better.

In a lot of cases I agree the og looks better. On this specific issue, the stitching across the swoosh, I think they improved it when they removed it. You feel differently and that's cool.

Love how they brung back the color behind the tongue :pimp:

IMO when it pertains to shoes specifically, the OGs are always better. No way around it. I don’t really understand the people like yourself who say otherwise. If not for the original you wouldn’t even have the inspiration for the retro. If y’all hate the OG construction more power to ya. Couldn’t be me.
not true at all. and stop with the hyperbole because no one is hating on the OG construction. like my post said, not everything OG makes something better including shoes. especially when changes in manufacturing and production will lend themselves to altering products being re-released. i believe that anything original can be improved upon if enough care is implemented and that goes for more than just sneakers.

Agreed.
Imagine owning a car with no power steering, seatbelts, air bags, and radio. Because that’s OG y’all.

Not a great comparison and I was just waiting on someone to bring up cars. Cars are not retro’d like shoes. Sure people customize and recreate models from old shells and make them better with new tech in an otherwise outdated car but manufacturers themselves don’t retro their vehicles like Nike and other shoe companies. For example there’s only one ‘69 Camero. It will never come back into production and release to the public in numbers ever again. If it ever did it would come back with all the latest tech in an old shell of a car. On paper it would be considered “better”. But even then, true enthusiasts of the car would still tell you the original is the crown jewel. If not for the original there would have never been inspiration to recreate a new one. So even with cars your point doesn’t stick. People want to experience nostalgia at it’s fullest. If it’s a true “retro” give it to me how they were originally made.

Also if it was so bad of a design element why is Nike bothering to take a “step back” so to speak and add the stitching back? My guess is because they know that the original design is everything. Should’ve never tampered with it in the first place. That stitch doesn’t take away from or hurt the shoe at all IMO. I like it and understand why tinker saw it fit to use it in the design in the first place. It looks good. Looks good without too but I hate when Nike makes changes to an original design.

Last edited:
Also if it was so bad of a design element why is Nike bothering to take a “step back” so to speak and add the stitching back? My guess is because they know that the original design is everything. Should’ve never tampered with it in the first place. That stitch doesn’t take away from or hurt the shoe at all IMO. I like it and understand why tinker saw it fit to use it in the design in the first place. It looks good. Looks good without too but I hate when Nike makes changes to an original design.
most likely because people such as yourself who pride themselves on nostalgia or OGs will buy them. its not a bad thing necessarily but its like anything Nike does with retros, sometimes they bring back one OG detail just to keep people buying the same product over and over again. But if Nike is able to put out a quality product I don't mind giving them my money just like you.

for the most part Nike doesn't care about the original design because it doesn't take a company (one as big as Nike) over 2 decades to come to that realization of not "tampering" with the original design. and for all we know maybe Tinker had the stitching due to manufacturing limitations of the time or because he genuinely thought it was a nice touch. either way this hasn't been a feature we've seen on the shoe for a long time either way.

the 90s are fine with the stitching and without... it feels like you got a lil bent out of shape over people not being as fond of a detail you pride yourself on liking just because people prefer the 90s without stitching. either way I'm happy to cop some new 90s :pimp:

most likely because people such as yourself who pride themselves on nostalgia or OGs will buy them. its not a bad thing necessarily but its like anything Nike does with retros, sometimes they bring back one OG detail just to keep people buying the same product over and over again. But if Nike is able to put out a quality product I don't mind giving them my money just like you.

for the most part Nike doesn't care about the original design because it doesn't take a company (one as big as Nike) over 2 decades to come to that realization of not "tampering" with the original design. and for all we know maybe Tinker had the stitching due to manufacturing limitations of the time or because he genuinely thought it was a nice touch. either way this hasn't been a feature we've seen on the shoe for a long time either way.

the 90s are fine with the stitching and without... it feels like you got a lil bent out of shape over people not being as fond of a detail you pride yourself on liking just because people prefer the 90s without stitching. either way I'm happy to cop some new 90s :pimp:

All good man. I maybe could’ve used another word other than “hate” lol. Y’all don’t “like” the OG stitching would have played a lot better. I think we all can agree that we’re happy to see some OG cws come back with a better shape and slimmer mudguard. I think overall the stitching will grow on you guys it’s just weird that it hasn’t been that way for two decades which will understandably throw some people off.

All good man. I maybe could’ve used another word other than “hate” lol. Y’all don’t “like” the OG stitching would have played a lot better. I think we all can agree that we’re happy to see some OG cws come back with a better shape and slimmer mudguard. I think overall the stitching will grow on you guys it’s just weird that it hasn’t been that way for two decades which will understandably throw some people off.
Yeah man it’s all good and tbh I forgot it was an OG detail myself when I first saw it haha

But I think it’ll grow on me too. It’s something different and it’s cool to see Nike at least try to make improvements on the shape as well. I’m just hoping I get some laser blue retros again

Back
Top Bottom