The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

I've never understood the hype for Bacons, they are absolutely hideous IMO. And those retros look even worse than the OGs. Easiest of easy passes.

Bacons were dope when they originally released. It was such a different colorway for an AM90. DQM was a dope little shop and the story and concept behind the shoe was cool.

However, it's 100% not a timeless shoe. If this was a new colorway never seen before and without the history, being released in 2021...I'd look at it completely different and probably wouldn't give it the time of day.

PS those new pics make them look off. Perhaps the flash was too bright or something?

Bacon is a great colorway even if I won't cop, but these three colorways really got something for me :
brown.jpg
chutney.jpg
curry.jpg

Chutney is really something
Chutney, Curry, Bacon...Quite surprised we haven't had an AM90 Honey yet :lol:

I see you are new around, here so I'll be nice.

This is the OG

Screen Shot 2021-01-16 at 11.20.12 PM.png

This is the 2008 JD Sports release (as you can see they changed the outsole and used a colored air unit which as you can see was clearly not on the OG.

picture-313.png

Ah honest mistake mate thought you were talking about the cw in general. Re-read your post and yeah makes sense (missed the "ultimately") :lol:

You're the guy behind defynewyork? Well respect mate, I remember all those times I'd go on your website for pics of OG TNs, or the OG laser blues more recently :wink:

Bacon is a great colorway even if I won't cop, but these three colorways really got something for me :
brown.jpg
chutney.jpg
curry.jpg

Chutney is really something
Chutney, Curry, Bacon...Quite surprised we haven't had an AM90 Honey yet :lol:
As a latecomer to the AM90 family, I’d love to get the Curry (but I don’t want to pay the current resale price). But, the Chutney may be a good holdover for now.

Will need at least one pair of spruces. My favorite colorway behind the radiant red. Nike did an amazing job on 30th Anniversary series for the Air Max III/90. I wish they took the same approach for the 30th Anniversary Air Max 1’s. Those were decent but they could have paid a little more attention to detail to get them closer to the originals.

Will need at least one pair of spruces. My favorite colorway behind the radiant red. Nike did an amazing job on 30th Anniversary series for the Air Max III/90. I wish they took the same approach for the 30th Anniversary Air Max 1’s. Those were decent but they could have paid a little more attention to detail to get them closer to the originals.

Unfortunately it's highly unlikely that they change the shape again for the 35th anniversary AM1 retros :smh:

For those that have the Denhams, how is the comfort when walking in them? Does the denim make it less flexible and hard to walk around in? I have a chance to get them at retail but was wondering if they’re comfortable to walk in before I buy them. Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: 907
Had to move a bunch of boxes to storage today. Pretty annoying at all the different size boxes for am90 just in the last year. Some regular red Nike boxes, some very small skinny boxes, some big red skinny boxes for AM3's, then a few giant black skinny boxes (purple pair, ow wannabe pair). Just make them all the same size.

I hear you but giving them the recraft treatment don't make sense either.
They did it with AM1's like Elephants and Animals and Lemonades. They used the new build for those. Just a guess, but I think these really were intended for last year when the rumors came out and were mostly produced prior to the recraft. The new build is just so much more comfy that I'd probably wear them more if they were new build.

Back
Top Bottom