The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

This actually reminds me of something... around the time the Orange pair dropped, people looked to that color as the alternative color to the Infrareds since most suspected that the Infareds releasing was a rumor (although a few sources early on said the Infrareds are confirmed to re-release.) Now that we have everything we need to know... I wonder if some people are gonna send their Orange pairs back or sell it off?

Sold mine awhile back once I saw how well the OG colorways were done. They were a nice mental substitute for the Infrareds, but they really can’t compare. The orange is too damn highlighter bright too, now that I think about it. And the build quality is lacking for sure.

They’re not a bad shoe, but for me there’s no place in the closet for em when I’ll have multiple pairs of Infrareds. I’ll always choose those first if I want a pop of color on my feet.

We've come such a long way from those past retros with the infrared looking more pink, to the pre-vintaged pairs, to the hybrids, to the "premium materials" and now we have what is perhaps the closest to the original retro coming. The Radiant Red looks like a perfect match to the OG.

My 2010 pair is on borrowed time (midsole near one of the bubbles cracked a few years ago but shoe is still wearable) but I'll treat myself to the new Air Max III variety.

I recently sold my 2010s due to their condition. I wanted to get them repainted and the air bubble went yellow on me lol. I still rock my 2015s at least once every couple weeks and they’re still holding up great. I’m excited for the new release 💪🏾
ABFED691-C89D-4889-82D2-270244024675.jpeg

Last edited:
23mj88 said:
now that they’re back to radiant red....will these be known as radiant red or infrared for you heads.
[/QUOTE]
That is a very insteresting question.
the fact of the matter is it says H red on my og box and no max III just air max.
so both infra and radiant are wrong namewise .
I've heard somewere the H stands for Hyvent, and if so it just doesn't sound that good as radiant or infra.
so we'll have to see wich name will stick,
but the original H red will be forgotten by the new marketing .
I almost forgot it myself :lol:

Last edited:
These sites don't have a clue i swear! I mean sneakerjagers, dropdate and solesupplier all said some air max 90 crater purples were due to drop today and nothing dropped. As for the Infrareds it did seem a little odd for these drop so quickly.
They are still counting down on wearestrap ,so maybe they will make a mistake and we can order on the 22nd

23mj88 said:
now that they’re back to radiant red....will these be known as radiant red or infrared for you heads.
the fact of the matter is it says H red on my og box and no max III just air max.
I've heard somewere the H stands for Hyvent, and if so it just doesn't sound that good as radiant or infra.
I think the color name changes for intellectual property reasons -- just so Nike can claim the color they came up with is theirs and only theirs. Might be wrong but I feel like I've read something like this somewhere.

Even the Air Max 95 Neon "OG" from 2015 calls the Neon Yellow color "Volt" but we all still call them the Neons.

I wonder if Nike felt "H/Hot Red" was too boring so they came up with Radiant Red to make it sound cooler?

So I was rocking my LBs yesterday for the first time and noticed a drip of glue. Tried to pick it off with my finger nail and no dice. Should I try another method to get the glue off or just return them? Appreciate your feedback.
IMG_0778.jpg

So I was rocking my LBs yesterday for the first time and noticed a drip of glue. Tried to pick it off with my finger nail and no dice. Should I try another method to get the glue off or just return them? Appreciate your feedback.
IMG_0778.jpg

Leave them B. Think of it as a birthmark lol

Also, think the October 22nd date sticks with overseas especially if they're in hand. EU has gotten all the remastered AM90's before us so I'm not expecting that to change.

IMG_0778.jpg
I totally understand wanting to remove the smudge of glue but I think it's better to leave it be. Before I wore my pair I saw there was a very faint smudge of blue paint near the wedge surrounding the air unit. It was a small enough stain that I was okay with it, given that the only way people would see it would be when it would be pointed out to them.

23mj88 said:

I’ve seen an OG GS box that said “Rad-Red” so I believe that’s where it comes from.
03847A0C-9985-49F6-AE82-C7D7F7C51F9D.png

Here’s a relevant post from this thread that speaks about this (we’ve discussed this at length in here https://niketalk.com/threads/the-official-nike-air-max-90-thread.537533/post-32979239.

Also they’re recognized by Nike as the Air Max III because they were the third AM model post the AM 1987 (AM 1).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom