The Official Nike Air Max 90 Thread

Like your thumb, sideways, on the top of toe to end of sneaker?

Yeah that's the old school way to do it. Although, depending on your anatomy, it could be way too much or too little. My thumb is an inch wide, so I use half a thumb lol

1/2 inch of space (while standing up) between the end of your longest toe and the end of the sneaker...that's usually the sweet spot.

Your feet swell throughout the day (and they do elongate with age). That's why runners usually allow as much space as possible without compromising lockdown.

Am I crazy to think that with all of the April releases, people may move on from the Bacons and prices may fall a bit? Happened with the duck camos.

Last edited:
Not at all.

People don't really mess with AM90s in the first place, and lots of people don't like the colors of the Bacons at all. They only bought because it was hyped by the marketing machine as the "Air Max Day" sneaker. Resellers will be dumping these sooner than later, IMO.

Am I crazy to think that with all of the April releases, people may move on from the Bacons and prices may fall a bit? Happened with the duck camos.

On ebay Uk you can get them with only around a 35% mark up on retail. The only way for these to go is down.

Personally, I wouldn't even get them on disco. Absolutely hideous shoe.

That’s fair. Just hope you don’t get foot problems or in-grown toenails later in life. My foot recently went up a half size at the age of 46 so keep in mind yours may do the same later.

This is so true - I could just fit a US10 / UK9 a few years back but feels way too tight now. I read that the ligaments in your feet lose elasticity as you age, resulting in a slightly longer foot. Am 40 now so definitely happens when a bit older.

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK
For today
20210328_085952.jpg

No point in arguing about it but saying they aren't close is wild imo. The brown wedge may be one shade darker but other than they are pretty spot on.

This right here, they are as close as you are gonna get with a nike retro. The brown being a shade darker is about the only notable difference, the OGs are more padded and plush on the lining as well. Oh and one welcomed surprise for me was the bigger air bubble on the new pair, looks nicer imo.

How the f*ck are the 2012 vntg pairs crumbling already 🥴

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-162315.png
    Screenshot_20210328-162315.png
    914 KB · Views: 130
Yeah that's the old school way to do it. Although, depending on your anatomy, it could be way too much or too little. My thumb is an inch wide, so I use half a thumb lol

1/2 inch of space (while standing up) between the end of your longest toe and the end of the sneaker...that's usually the sweet spot.

Your feet swell throughout the day (and they do elongate with age). That's why runners usually allow as much space as possible without compromising lockdown.

I used to be really into dress shoes/boots for a period of time. The fact is, not all shoes will properly fit everyone because of the shape of their foot and toe space is not a proper determination of fit. The proper way to determine that is the ball of your foot lines up with the widest part of the shoe. So regardless of how long your toes are, you shoe size would be the same.

Back
Top Bottom