THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | KOBE STATUE : 2/8/24

I really wanted to like the 10s too. Great traction, supportive materials, and responsive cushion. I hated that the sole was so heavy tho. Felt off

Last edited:
How old is Derrick Rose and what were his injuries attributed to?
There's nothing you wear that will protect you from injury. If it happens, it happens, not because you had some well crafted sneaker. I've never heard someone say man, these shoes prevented my ACL/MCL from tearing. To put it simpler terms, if you roll your ankle, you roll your ankle, ain't no high tops or low tops gonna prevent that.

There's nothing you wear that will protect you from injury. If it happens, it happens, not because you had some well crafted sneaker. I've never heard someone say man, these shoes prevented my ACL/MCL from tearing. To put it simpler terms, if you roll your ankle, you roll your ankle, ain't no high tops or low tops gonna prevent that.
You do have a point, but you are missing the actual real point. Risk, and that is the issue while wearing a shoe that does not fit you and your game properly, and then is poorly crafted. Why increase your chance at injury by wearing a poorly crafted, ill fitted shoe? Kobe's low cut line is just that, as they are not even as durable as much of Nike's tennis line.

Last edited:
How old is Derrick Rose and what were his injuries attributed to?
Derrick Rose was too explosive for his own good. The amount of torque that he could generate is what truly did him in. Throw in the fact that he just landed awkwardly on his first injury and you become more prone to injury after a major injury will give you the reason why D. Rose is always hurt. 

Its important to have a shoe that fits you well but just because you have that doesnt mean your going to be injury free. Injuries happen and thats all there is to it. 

Derrick Rose was too explosive for his own good. The amount of torque that he could generate is what truly did him in. Throw in the fact that he just landed awkwardly on his first injury and you become more prone to injury after a major injury will give you the reason why D. Rose is always hurt. 

Its important to have a shoe that fits you well but just because you have that doesnt mean your going to be injury free. Injuries happen and thats all there is to it. 
Footwork and shoes designed for your style of play are essential to helping minimize the risk of injury.  I've tried many different shoes and it just happens to be that the Kobe line works best for me.  I've never rolled my ankle in all of the years of my playing.  I've landed on feet and come away injury free.  I've seen people roll their ankles about once a week and it's happened in many different shoes.  I mainly blame footwork but I have seen some repeat offenders.

There is some truth to want you are stating, inaccurate in application in regard to physiology and the breakdown in regard to recovery after athletic explosion, with the proof being played out in the Olympics right now. Derrick Rose's injuries were devastating no doubt, but ill fitting, poorly constructed shoes like those of Kobe's line are contraindicated to those who need better bio mechanical support. Steph Curry comes to mind here. He could never wear a shoe like that which Bryant wore and then got injured in, nor should he. It is good to see a player like him get the support that he needed so that he could have such a good run.

Last edited:
^^Ya. They usually only have a free midsole without a free outsole. The kobe x had a one piece sole with free midsole. Why are you so suprised both the 10 and the 11 had free midsoles in the forefoot

Last edited:
i don't wanna be that guy to blame a shoe for an injury, but i think the 'free' outsole in the kobe 10 forefoot area did damage to my big toe. i remember going up for a layup and my big toe went too far back (too much flexibility there) as i went up.

i actually can't play in the 10 anymore, as much as i love the shoe, and as for the kobe 11, i need to use the full length zoom option with it or i'm in pain.

this happened in january and it still hasn't healed.

^^Ya. They usually only have a free midsole without a free outsole. The kobe x had a one piece sole with free midsole. Why are you so suprised both the 10 and the 11 had free midsoles in the forefoot

Should have started with the ZK1 as far as using Free Tech but by going by your illustration it seems that youre using the same splicing as Free Running as opposed to it being enclosed like the shoes you mentioned hence my laughter.

Do you remember the Huarache Free Basketball shoe?

I like being low to the ground with a flexible midsole so lunarlon has been working for me. Some like a chunky midsole that restricts movement and there are others who are in between. Everyone moves differently with different bodies, athleticism, footwork etc. I hope one day, a company can bring the same court feel with a more durable cushion for us who don't hoop in a new pair everyday. Love the 8's but I have been using them sparingly.

For the 12, I could use a full length zoom/lunarlon combo on a retail release pair. $250 for a midsole swap? Not having it, for me at least. Too bad the lebron 11 toe box was so small. Even if my foot would fit after some break in, the idea of what my foot was looking like in the shoe made me turn away

Last edited:
So if the xii is slated to drop 1/1/17 then is the first release the Christmas shoe or the last XI?

So if the xii is slated to drop 1/1/17 then is the first release the Christmas shoe or the last XI?

assuming nike doesn't change anything, christmas shoe will be the kobe 11 with the kobe 12 debuting a week later.

Back
Top Bottom