THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Doubt they'll release but always wanted some asg 4s.

nike--zoom-kobe-iv-4-asg---all-star-2009---0.jpg
Man I had these but these ran big. I had an 11 that fit me like they were 11.5. Had to sell them. I will double up if these protro.

Especially with the All Star weekend in Charlotte - makes perfect sense for that colorway.

I don’t like that colorway though. Give me Carpe Diem, Del Sol, In-line - anything else.

I can already feel myself getting upset about not being able to get the carpe diems on SNKRS.

Knowing Nike, they’re only gonna realease 10 pairs in a size 10.3 to commemorate Kobe’s nieces birth hour.

The Kobe 1 protros run smaller than the originals though so you might be good this time around...
Good point. Exciting times

I can already feel myself getting upset about not being able to get the carpe diems on SNKRS.
Knowing Nike, they’re only gonna realease 10 pairs in a size 10.3 to commemorate Kobe’s nieces birth hour.
lol I feel you. Going to be depressed before they even drop only because we know how they function. Always getting us happy for nothing. So the resellers can come in, steal them from under our noses and then price hike them smh

If there's any Kobe that badly needs a protro with more comfortable materials and cushioning, it's the 7's. Very cool looking shoe, but man were they uncomfortable

Looks like they’re skipping some models.

With the 6 and he 8 being held in such high regard I could see them skipping 7.

Imagine the 8’s with full length top loaded zoom instead of lunar trash. Omg.

I'll take the del sol kobe 4 protros.

That's what I'm talking about. I never bought the IVs when they were out. Del Sols were the only ones I wanted. I stalled and stalled on buying them, and then they went on sale in my local Detroit-area stores, but by then my size 11s had all dried up. Still regret not just buying them when they dropped. To make matters worse, I was in NYC and at MSG for the game the night Kobe dropped 61 on the Knicks wearing them. And earlier in the day at a Footlocker there, I had passed on the Carpes as well. If I had bought the Del Sols, I'd have the shoes Kobe had that game in. If I had bought the Carpes, I'd have a pair of Kobes purchased on the day he dropped 61 in the city he dropped it in, and would have certainly worn them to the game. Instead, I've got nothing from that day/night. Other than the memory, which is for sure more than enough. But still :lol:

But more than any other candidate, I want Protro Chaos Vs. Game over if/when that happens.

If there's any Kobe that badly needs a protro with more comfortable materials and cushioning, it's the 7's. Very cool looking shoe, but man were they uncomfortable
Ha ha yea dope shoe the insert was comfy but wearing the shoe overall isn't comfortable and wasn't good to hoop in. Soles were too flat. Grip is good though.

Looks like they’re skipping some models.

With the 6 and he 8 being held in such high regard I could see them skipping 7.

Imagine the 8’s with full length top loaded zoom instead of lunar trash. Omg.
I am not a fan of the 8 as much as everyone else is. I mean i like them, don't get me wrong, especially the colorways and design, but the laces were too long and that lunarlon wasn't the most comfortable thing after a couple hoop sessions so I see your point on top loaded zoom instead of lunar. I'd definitely still reup on a couple. Maybe they'll release the Sparks stateside.

image.jpg

I remember when these first came out but my broke *** couldn't afford them...been my favorite colorway of the XIs or even of all time (probably behind the Big Stage Home pairs that I'll probably never have), can't wait to ball in em, forgot how nice that zoom heel was after playing in Boost these past 2 years. Anyways sorry for being off topic...

Ha ha yea dope shoe the insert was comfy but wearing the shoe overall isn't comfortable and wasn't good to hoop in. Soles were too flat. Grip is good though.

I am not a fan of the 8 as much as everyone else is. I mean i like them, don't get me wrong, especially the colorways and design, but the laces were too long and that lunarlon wasn't the most comfortable thing after a couple hoop sessions so I see your point on top loaded zoom instead of lunar. I'd definitely still reup on a couple. Maybe they'll release the Sparks stateside.

The only problem I had with the 8's was the lunar bottoming out stupid fast.

8's had the best fit of any hoops shoe I've ever worn in my life. They were perfect.

A lot of people swear that the traction on the 9's is GOAT but to me the 8's traction is better.

Nice pick up man. The XIs are probably my favorite Kobes. Aesthetics, comfort, fit (for my foot), cushioning options with the midsole.

Its funny, after so many years of seeing Kobe as the villain, using his name as an insult to other players who were inefficient or taking ill-advised shots... I came around to him watching him sink both free throws after tearing his Achilles. I was like, damn, what a man. Sure he cried afterward, but who wouldn't?

I'm maybe 3-4 color ways short of having the entire array of XIs including 2 IDs. Kinda proud of that. The new stuff is cool and I mess with a pair or two, but I will probably forever be looking for DS XI Elites...

Loved my 11s except for the traction, which is of course a deal breaker.

Never a problem with mine, but I dont hit the courts hard so obviously YMMV, and that goes for everyone and everything.

Been rocking my 360s casually for the past week and I dig them a lot, they do seem to be 'next in line' after the numbered models, NXT... However, the traction is so hit or miss depending on the floor surface. And getting the shoe on is not always the easiest thing unless you're slacking the laces almost completely. I get the concept and I know the 360 is probably the most 'experimental' basketball shoe out there, but I don't get how they ended up with these little micro rubber pseudo-cleats. I think they should have stuck with the traction from the original NXT, even if it would have added a little weight. $.02 for free...

Never a problem with mine, but I dont hit the courts hard so obviously YMMV, and that goes for everyone and everything.

Been rocking my 360s casually for the past week and I dig them a lot, they do seem to be 'next in line' after the numbered models, NXT... However, the traction is so hit or miss depending on the floor surface. And getting the shoe on is not always the easiest thing unless you're slacking the laces almost completely. I get the concept and I know the 360 is probably the most 'experimental' basketball shoe out there, but I don't get how they ended up with these little micro rubber pseudo-cleats. I think they should have stuck with the traction from the original NXT, even if it would have added a little weight. $.02 for free...

360's to me just arent what I expected. I agree, to get them on is a b*&ch. Socks get wrinkled up with that sticky insert. Have to definitely loosen the laces to get them on so not to have socks bunched up. They are light, but not as comfy to me as other past Kobe's. I'm thinking the traction will get worn out quick if worn casually, especially if you're the type that tends to drag your feet, as I can do at times when im being lazy lol
Most likely will not buy another pair of 360.

Back
Top Bottom