THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I wonder how the older kobe's will hold up in day to day use if worn often. May have sole separation.

My V's lasted from 2010 until the end of 2015. Of course I rotated the POP's ("hold it dine. Pimp Squad baby!"), Double D's, Homes, Olympics & these:
Kobe V iD 1.jpg

...plus 4 pair of 6's before finally upgrading shoes & getting the OG A.D. & NXT. I think as long as you have a few pair to rotate they'd hold up.

My V's lasted from 2010 until the end of 2015. Of course I rotated the POP's ("hold it dine. Pimp Squad baby!"), Double D's, Homes, Olympics & these:
Kobe V iD 1.jpg

...plus 4 pair of 6's before finally upgrading shoes & getting the OG A.D. & NXT. I think as long as you have a few pair to rotate they'd hold up.
yoo those are pure money, is that an id.

still got the blue camo VI I rock recently, soles are perfect since I dont drag my feet on the court

hate the color way but remember getting them when I had a swoosh account for the low

got my moon particles in today...damn they look good!

The shoe may be totally lackluster, but damn if doesn't have some great design cues and color blocking.

got my moon particles in today...damn they look good!

The shoe may be totally lackluster, but damn if doesn't have some great design cues and color blocking.

So many tend to compare new Kobe tech with old, it's a reason they change the tech, sometimes it's to improve on, or to keep the innovation going, to make them lighter, etc. Whether some view it as cheap material or not, I currently have no issue with the materials, the zoom bag, or the overall design. Keep in mind, if they had full zoom setup, or zoom+react, or lunarlon +react, they'd be in excess of $180, then everyone would be complaining about price.

So many tend to compare new Kobe tech with old, it's a reason they change the tech, sometimes it's to improve on, or to keep the innovation going, to make them lighter, etc. Whether some view it as cheap material or not, I currently have no issue with the materials, the zoom bag, or the overall design. Keep in mind, if they had full zoom setup, or zoom+react, or lunarlon +react, they'd be in excess of $180, then everyone would be complaining about price.

Right. They need to just wait for the new NXT “Elite version”... society just wants to complain about EVERYTHING this day and age! Most annoying trend ever

I'm not much for arguments over sneakers, but I simply said they were "lackluster."

...and they are. The only reason they have a $140 price tag is the Kobe name. You can get the same specs (or better) for $110-130. For $35 more you can get an upgraded 15 year-old model with full-length zoom and real raw materials. As the consumer, I have a right to complain when I believe that Nike is phoning it in. KD's sig has full length zoom AND react AND flyknit and it's $10 more.

But, I also said...they look really cool. Best looking kobe since the XI Elite.

Back
Top Bottom