THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

These came in Monday, played for the first time (in this model) yesterday and I’m not crazy about them. Court feel is good, traction was solid, if I was 10 years younger I would probably love these but the lack of forefoot cushioning is a problem for me. I’m gonna give them a few more runs to see if it gets any better but I don’t think it’s something that more break in will solve. Bummed because I love the aesthetics of this model. Wish they flipped the zoom from the heel to forefoot.
F774FCDD-825F-4C0D-B185-E13D153CEF06.jpeg B1B32E18-697A-4045-8660-767CBEB77ED1.jpeg

These came in Monday, played for the first time (in this model) yesterday and I’m not crazy about them. Court feel is good, traction was solid, if I was 10 years younger I would probably love these but the lack of forefoot cushioning is a problem for me. I’m gonna give them a few more runs to see if it gets any better but I don’t think it’s something that more break in will solve. Bummed because I love the aesthetics of this model. Wish they flipped the zoom from the heel to forefoot.
F774FCDD-825F-4C0D-B185-E13D153CEF06.jpeg B1B32E18-697A-4045-8660-767CBEB77ED1.jpeg

Dope IDs and I’m sure they will get better! I’ve only worn my “Nintendo” one time, on the court, and it was a lil rough! I have a huge bunion so one piece uppers don’t do well with it! It would be nice if it had full length zoom like the 11s!

that toe box looks like crap, this keeps me away from this model

Not at all for me. The PG1 actually rides slightly higher, I will say that the lebron xi drop in feels a nano meter higher than the XI ID drop in but I’ve never felt unstable at all. 8s and 9s are my favorites and I’ve been stocking up on cheap, lightly worn, LBJ XIs on eBay then I drop the old Kobe insole and sell them to Plato’s :D
I want that full zoom insole as well for my XI's, but seems like a pretty high cost of entry. What price you grabbing those for?
The forefoot of the XI's is pretty shallow for me, sounds similar to these Exodus

Dope IDs and I’m sure they will get better! I’ve only worn my “Nintendo” one time, on the court, and it was a lil rough! I have a huge bunion so one piece uppers don’t do well with it! It would be nice if it had full length zoom like the 11s!

Thanks! I wanted a pair with the two toned upper so I went with a throwback seahawk inspired cw.. Yeah the one piece on these seemed to loosen a little and I would have to relace but I’m sure that will get better after break-in. I’m worried about the flywire giving too but we’ll see what happens with more wear

that toe box looks like crap, this keeps me away from this model

It’s not ideal but I don’t mind it. Ninja kicks, son!

I want that full zoom insole as well for my XI's, but seems like a pretty high cost of entry. What price you grabbing those for?
The forefoot of the XI's is pretty shallow for me, sounds similar to these Exodus

I’ve bought a couple VNDS LBJ XIs in the past month for $40-45 shipped (just bought a pair Monday) Plato bought the first pair for $20. Other pair should get here later this week. I got both my ID insoles off eBay as well (during coupon promos) one was the mamba day, ended up selling those without an insole on eBay months later for about the same price. The other was an all purple FK ID. Ended up dropping a brand new Elite drop in from the FTL XIs sale and selling those for the same price I got them for (after no bids for cheaper auction someone ended up paying the BIN price). I think the original sellers of the IDs didn’t realize there were different kind of insoles and were just listing them at the same market value as other XIs, thank you for ODing on the translucent soles, I was looking at every sole pic :nerd: :lol:

Not at all for me. The PG1 actually rides slightly higher, I will say that the lebron xi drop in feels a nano meter higher than the XI ID drop in but I’ve never felt unstable at all. 8s and 9s are my favorites and I’ve been stocking up on cheap, lightly worn, LBJ XIs on eBay then I drop the old Kobe insole and sell them to Plato’s :D

Nice.

Yeah I tried the Lebron 11's drop in into the 8's as well and it just feels weird... I definitely prefer the Lebron 11 as is.

Back
Top Bottom