THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Bruh. Stop apologizing for Nike. I don’t agree man.

Nike can get an ID order and deliver it in a month.

Why can’t they tell a factory to stop producing Monarchs or whatever generic shoes they’re making, to accommodate making an appropriate amount of Kobe 5s?? All their other sig lines collect dust and hit discounts, why not cut their production by 20% and churn out Kobe 5s?
They could’ve easily done it, and made them in time for Mamba week. Made more money, avoided the bad PR, and kept Kobe fans happy. We aren’t asking them to pump out extra Greek freaks or something out of entitlement.

My main point is I don’t believe they couldn’t have produced more since February. If 6 months wasn’t enough, OK - make a statement about what they will do, that they need another month or two. Or they’ll put them on ID. Just accepting that they already decided to make them limited before Kobe’s death, and leaving at that is wrong.

Believe me, I hate it too. But Nike is much bigger than Kobe. Kobe is just a small part of Nike. They're not going to stop any production just to accommodate a single release - no matter how unique the situation is.
But I do agree with you that they could've made made it as an ID option or at least given us the option of a pre-order of some sort so anybody who wants a pair can get a pair - even if it meant waiting a few months for it. This way they can plan it into their production since they will know exactly how many pairs of each size they need to make.

Got lucky on the kobe jersey restocks in Europe. Not the biggest fan of the Amarillo yellow on them.
randomly picked up the 8/24 on the 23rd walking into SNS. They had a full size run, took just my size to let other people eat, when I see how much resell goes for now, I really try to convince myself I did the right thing...

B1A12983-8EB9-48FD-BA15-5CAFD242DCFA.jpeg

Any chance these crazy prices and hype simmers down before the protro 6 drop next year? These prices really hurting and I think im about to cave and give in. I dont want to support the resellers but i also love kobe and his shoes. The big stage pair are my fav with the story on the graphics, won his last chip in them, first shoe since you know when, etc...

Idk, i really think im going to end up caving but its just a crappy feeling to have to pay 600 for this. Just doesnt sit right with me.

Good looking out NikeTalk Fam for the info and links!
i was bumped out not able to get any of the mamba week release. Had to pull out all my old kobes to deal with all the Ls.

but was able to get this this morning! MambaForever!

Attachments

• 36DD1989-E1F5-4C7C-B689-777526E4D8C8.jpeg
    36DD1989-E1F5-4C7C-B689-777526E4D8C8.jpeg
    154.8 KB · Views: 386
Good looking out NikeTalk Fam for the info and links!
i was bumped out not able to get any of the mamba week release. Had to pull out all my old kobes to deal with all the Ls.

but was able to get this this morning! MambaForever!
Congrats man! The fact that an actual Kobe fan hit on this pack, i love it! Even if i dont hit, just glad to see at least some of this pack getting into the hands of the real.

I didn't have faith with the 2 L's this week but Undefeated came through. Was able to get 2 pairs last year so don't know if that improved my chances. Hopefully they have a separate release so others can a pair at least.

It was known the raffle bots had entered but to know they got multiple packs, these shops have a long battle to fish them out and not let them win. Hope they can track them now and cancel on them.

Got lucky on the kobe jersey restocks in Europe. Not the biggest fan of the Amarillo yellow on them.
randomly picked up the 8/24 on the 23rd walking into SNS. They had a full size run, took just my size to let other people eat, when I see how much resell goes for now, I really try to convince myself I did the right thing...

B1A12983-8EB9-48FD-BA15-5CAFD242DCFA.jpeg

You absolutely did the right thing. 100%.

If anybody who hit on Undefeated is willing to part with either of the pairs in a size 13, hit me up. Just want to be able to get something from Mamba Week and I know I’m gonna strike out on the EYBLs.

Back
Top Bottom