THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Mainly want a jersey, will try for the kicks though. Watching that vid made md want them more.

I am a bit disappointed all of Gigi’s will be black and white themed. I wish they would’ve made the red more visible considering what it represents, maybe the shozoku or outline the swoosh red. Though her life was unfortunately short, I’m sure there is more of her life, even for a child that many could appreciate.

I thought I'd be close enough
Screenshot_2023-04-28-13-24-10-20_4119c330cb925f5038b104492f5fe8c7.jpg

Really want the black jersey but not sure what the sizing is on it so I just assume it’s adult sizing?

I hope this is what's going to happen every year:

The GiGi pairs will be ultra limited and serve as the hype model like a TS/OW. Then they'll release other colorways throughout the year like Jordan retros. Maybe 2-3 colorways per model (mostly 4-9, sprinkle in 1-3, 10-11) scattered throughout the year.

I found it hilarious though how Vanessa was like "it's cool how people covet the GiGi models, but I know GiGi would want people to play in them".

Last edited:
I hope this is what's going to happen every year:

The GiGi pairs will be ultra limited and serve as the hype model like a TS/OW. Then they'll release other colorways throughout the year like Jordan retros. Maybe 2-3 colorways per model (mostly 4-9, sprinkle in 1-3, 10-11) scattered throughout the year.

I found it hilarious though how Vanessa was like "it's cool how people covet the GiGi models, but I know GiGi would want people to play in them".

You act like this is Vanessa's doing. If it was up to her, she'd make enough for everyone. But we should all know Nike controls the number of pairs released. I think we're all tired of taking Ls. If you have issues then point it towards Nike.

You act like this is Vanessa's doing. If it was up to her, she'd make enough for everyone. But we should all know Nike controls the number of pairs released. I think we're all tired of taking Ls. If you have issues then point it towards Nike.
I guess you know what Vanessa is thinking?

It's likely both parties. You think Vanessa (or any person with a little business acumen) would let Nike take advantage of her dead husband's (and daughter) legacy? Sure, she wants more pairs produced, but I bet she also wants a higher cut of each pair sold, cause she'd be a fool if she didn't. I don't take Vanessa for a fool.

On Nike's side, they have a dilemma because on one hand, they know the Kobe line is a golden goose. On the other, it would be a bad look for shoes from 2008-2010 to outsell current silos. You think anyone is buying GT Cut 2s cause Jordan Poole and Devin Booker wear them? Booker doesn't even wear the shoe in games and he was the launch athlete.

Def less than the Mambacitas amount reported last year. Essentially more than half of that stock less.

I don't mind taking an L on the shoes. The jerseys look clean and can be easily worn on its own so my fingers are crossed .

Back
Top Bottom