THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | KOBE STATUE : 2/8/24

3650.jpg
4762.jpg
81125.jpg
Oh boy these are very ugly...

We were just talking about awesome Kobe’s like the 8 and 11 then these monstrosities pop up. Feels like such a troll by Nike :lol::smh:
It looks like they weren't done and it's still in prototype phase. I'm for the forward thinking innovation in basketball kicks, but these ain't it chief.

Too much going on in all aspects from design to the functionality.

They look the same as that ****ty image we seen. FOH with those jelly fish shoes. Nike needs to go back to just progressing what works with Kobe’s and stop trying to come 100% fresh each shoe. That’s what made Kobe’s great was the next was like the last but upgraded in certain areas.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm pretty curious about these. They're kinda ugly at first glance and there's not much in the way of premium materials except for the leather/suede/nubuck in the back. But I'm not crazy about the materials in the front that kind of resemble the KD12.

Now the KD12 has been getting rave reviews (haven't tried them for myself yet) but I think it's pretty agreed upon that the materials aren't particularly "premium". They're more about the tech; Zoom on Zoom, flywire, etc. Perhaps these NXTs will have the same mantra.

I do think if Nike did away with the textile upper material, gimmick laces, etc and replaced it with premium materials - leather/suede or a nice flyknit - and traditional lacing...I think we'd all be more apt to give it a second look.

Wow...... Nike design team just don’t have the juice no more.... Kobe’s were THE basketball shoes in terms of looks and tech..... I don’t even know what I’m looking at here

We’re officially at the “Jordan 2009” portion of the Kobe line

Last edited:
Damn, why’d you sell all those?

Achilles - least favorite XI elite I had, have plenty of other red shoes, there was market demand

Xmas and MC 8s - I love them but I'm never going to wear out one pair, let alone two. Also plenty of demand on the market

Perspective 9s - I thought they were cool when I bought them, but they're actually pretty ugly :lol: Still have the necessities: Masterpieces, Details, ASG, and two others

I'm not hurting for cash, I'm hurting for space. And selling excess pairs feels good. I'm reaching a point where for every new pair I cop, I sell or donate an old pair.

I want to say I remember Charles saying he never even plays anymore...but some of his shots looked so smooth.

I love those guys almost as much as the games.

And anyone who hasn't caught EJ's E:60 and has a spare 20 minutes...do yourself a favor:

Back
Top Bottom