THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | HAPPY 🎂 SWEET 16 GIGI/Mambacita

9th Wonder

formerly 9thwonder23kid
5E8336FA-9813-4683-AAFA-BF59D9F3F87C.jpeg

The BHM might’ve been the best 11 and one of the all time best Kobes.

Yep. Regret not copping. Copped the Bruce Lees to hoop in and it was a horrible experience, so I didn't want to take that risk with the BHMs. Heard later that the solid outsole on the BHM made a huge difference, but by then the BHMs were all sold out.

We were just talking about awesome Kobe’s like the 8 and 11 then these monstrosities pop up. Feels like such a troll by Nike :lol::smh:
It looks like they weren't done and it's still in prototype phase. I'm for the forward thinking innovation in basketball kicks, but these ain't it chief.

Too much going on in all aspects from design to the functionality.

They look the same as that ****ty image we seen. FOH with those jelly fish shoes. Nike needs to go back to just progressing what works with Kobe’s and stop trying to come 100% fresh each shoe. That’s what made Kobe’s great was the next was like the last but upgraded in certain areas.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say I'm pretty curious about these. They're kinda ugly at first glance and there's not much in the way of premium materials except for the leather/suede/nubuck in the back. But I'm not crazy about the materials in the front that kind of resemble the KD12.

Now the KD12 has been getting rave reviews (haven't tried them for myself yet) but I think it's pretty agreed upon that the materials aren't particularly "premium". They're more about the tech; Zoom on Zoom, flywire, etc. Perhaps these NXTs will have the same mantra.

I do think if Nike did away with the textile upper material, gimmick laces, etc and replaced it with premium materials - leather/suede or a nice flyknit - and traditional lacing...I think we'd all be more apt to give it a second look.

Top Bottom