THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I kinda felt a way when it stated that he was the face too.

He was never the face to me, he was a player that just had exclusive Kobe's and Kobe liked him.

To me, he’s already the face and I don’t see anything changing that anytime soon 🤷‍♂️
eh. Maybe in the past but in the 2019/20 season and 2020/21 i don’t see how it wasn’t AD. Dude pretty much debuted and wore every GR protro colorway and had some of his own lakers PEs. Chaos on xmas, Grinches on xmas, 5x champ in the ASG, even had some iconic moments like the buzzer beater in the Bruce Lees. Won a chip as well, even if it’s a mickey mouse ring.

Demar def rocked some fire retros but idk i feel like the face would wear and show off the most up to date protros like how AD did with basically all CWs

“Real shoe heads” lol. Yeah he co-signed him in high school, not when he got swept by lebron b2b years. You know kobe was pissed when that happened.

“This is the face of my line and he can’t even get 1 game off lebron and george hill but Victor Oladipo somehow got 3 games off???”

kIcK rOcKs :lol: You’re right, it’s more than accolades, it’s about mentality too. Demar doesn’t have any of kobe’s mentality.
Oh wow did you personally speak to Kobe and ask him about Demar? Amazing how you knew exactly what he was thinking

Some things really aren’t worth the time arguing, because ultimately what’s the point?

We’ve been through this with PJ Tucker, DDR, Book, etc… you have to the “mentality”, PPG, efg%, body fat %, career playoff winning % and X amount of game winners, etc to be the FACE of the brand.

Got it, makes total sense…LMAO.

Forget the fact that more than likely if they fit this criteria they probably have their own sig shoe by now.

DDR is that guy cause no one else has access to the number of PE’s he has… it’s def not that deep, pretty simple if you ask me.

Some things really aren’t worth the time arguing, because ultimately what’s the point?

We’ve been through this with PJ Tucker, DDR, Book, etc… you have to the “mentality”, PPG, efg%, body fat %, career playoff winning % and X amount of game winners, etc to be the FACE of the brand.

Got it, makes total sense…LMAO.

Forget the fact that more than likely if they fit this criteria they probably have their own sig shoe by now.

DDR is that guy cause no one else has access to the number of PE’s he has… it’s def not that deep, pretty simple if you ask me.

Vanessa feels differently

1659491930221.gif

eh. Maybe in the past but in the 2019/20 season and 2020/21 i don’t see how it wasn’t AD. Dude pretty much debuted and wore every GR protro colorway and had some of his own lakers PEs. Chaos on xmas, Grinches on xmas, 5x champ in the ASG, even had some iconic moments like the buzzer beater in the Bruce Lees. Won a chip as well, even if it’s a mickey mouse ring.

Demar def rocked some fire retros but idk i feel like the face would wear and show off the most up to date protros like how AD did with basically all CWs
DeMar will always be that dude to me. The OG. Nike can give whoever the sickest PEs and have them debut the newest Protros. DeMar will still be a tier above them in my eyes because of his relationship and his history. Born and raised in Compton. LA through and through.

I don’t think there’s another player more tied to a shoe line (that’s not their own sig) more than DD is tied to Kobe’s. Maybe Chet or Siakim and KDs in 10-15years but they’ll never have the same connection as DD has to Kobe.

Man’s really out here saying AD when AD literally played in generic Nike basketball shoes before Kobe’s death (and has still played in genetic Nike basketball since) and now he’s getting some PE’s because he plays in LA his name gets thrown out there?

Demar has been playing almost exclusively in Kobe’s since he got into the league.

Man’s really out here saying AD when AD literally played in generic Nike basketball shoes before Kobe’s death (and has still played in genetic Nike basketball since) and now he’s getting some PE’s because he plays in LA his name gets thrown out there?

Demar has been playing almost exclusively in Kobe’s since he got into the league.

You know kobe played in generic shoes too right? 2008 hyperdunks.

Once AD joined LA he played 99% of games in kobes lol. Maybe 1 or 2 games in cosmic unitys.

He also plays D and he’s actually clutch in the playoffs too. and he helped bring title #17 with insane performances along the way. All while wearing kobes

Last edited:
Orange County 6s

And it sounds odd, but I truly prefer the OG 6s over the Protro 6. Superior fit and cushion IMO

I had to face reality and sell most of my original DS pairs...they're fragile after all those years (unworn), and the prices being offered were too good to turn down.

I like the extra gloss that they put on the scales on the protros. Fit is definitely better on the OGs for me.

Back
Top Bottom