THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Can’t Nike just re-release the models under a different name like Adidas did?? I can see them calling some models the Nike Zoom 24 or something along those lines. Definitely isn’t the same as having his name but something is better than nothing.

Why would you want that?

End of an era. I have a lot of mixed feelings on this one. Though I’m sad that they couldn’t come to an agreement to continue his line, the way Nike has handled the releases after his passing makes the news a little more bearable.

I don’t think any other company is gonna be able to do any better when it comes to his releases

Nike will prob be back to top of the list when it’s all said n done (unless it’s already passed and a hard no)

Nike needs to pump out as many pairs of Kobes as they can before the deal expires. I’m talking 3-4 million pairs of Grinches. Hurry.

Can’t Nike just re-release the models under a different name like Adidas did?? I can see them calling some models the Nike Zoom 24 or something along those lines. Definitely isn’t the same as having his name but something is better than nothing.

You want the Nike “Rattlesnake” line huh?

1618879221105.gif

That would be open to lawsuit from his estate since they will still be profiting off his likeness.

I wonder what went down in the negotiations , if Vanessa really wanted to start what Kobe envisioned in his own line, or if Nike just low balled them disrespectfully (as history shows they’ve done before)

Im going to guess that they will come to an agreement and this is just the first step in negotiations/leverage. In reality where is Vanessa going to go when it comes to Kobe shoes.

Maybe Vanessa was mad ppl couldn’t get access too more Kobe’s because of the resell market

idk how I’ll feel if we do get adidas back

After the news came out, I just hopped on StockX just to see the chaos ensue. Grinch’s shot from $480 to $1500+ in a span of 20 minutes.. really hate the sneaker culture these days
01C474EB-1F3A-4FCF-BBF7-151063BEC52F.jpeg

edit: just realized these OG not 2020 release lmao

Last edited:
Said it on Twitter but Vanessa Bryant catching heat during her first holiday season after the tragedy cause the way Nike handled the Grinch drop was probably one of the first steps on this non extension
Great point and that’s probably all there is too it. If Nike’s limited bs made Vanessa and the family catch any type of flak or made them hear one word of whining, then Nike did them a disservice. They could change their production model given the circumstances.

Im going to guess that they will come to an agreement and this is just the first step in negotiations/leverage. In reality where is Vanessa going to go when it comes to Kobe shoes.
But in all honesty, her and the kids are set for the rest of their lives if they never release another pair of Kobes ever again. Sure she wants to extend Kobe's legacy and make the fans happy, but if that doesn't align with what Nike had in mind, maybe she goes elsewhere to another company like adidas or maybe she sits back and just extends Kobe's legacy with the mamba and mambacita foundation.

But in all honesty, her and the kids are set for the rest of their lives if they never release another pair of Kobes ever again. Sure she wants to extend Kobe's legacy and make the fans happy, but if that doesn't align with what Nike had in mind, maybe she goes elsewhere to another company like adidas or maybe she sits back and just extends Kobe's legacy with the mamba and mambacita foundation.
Ya definitely - whatever she chooses we'd all support too. I just don't see a realistic option other than Nike.

Back
Top Bottom