THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I can’t see adidas coming in to pay. I honestly feel like it’s a wrap. To us the shoes are great. To Vanessa and the kids, that’s just Dad/‘Kob.

I don’t really see the rationale behind it.

Are we really going to buy a brand new Kobe model from another brand? To me that’s more of a cash grab than anything Nike’s doing, at least I know Kobe liked those products.

But with that being said it’s also not for me to understand.

Nike sitting on a gold mine. Offer Vanessa a offer she can’t refuse. But but if Kobe wanted his own shoe that’s 100% his. I hope Vanessa honor Kobe wishes

I think surreal is the best way to describe this situation. Kobe was apparently gonna leave Nike anyway, but seeing this actually happen just doesn’t feel right

Damn this sucks. Was really looking forward to protro 8’s and 9’s. But a different brand signing an exclusive deal for Kobe’s likeness without design input from the man himself will feel even more gross than Nike making everything super limited

Last edited:
Doubt the undefeated 4’s I bought earlier today are gonna ship. Got them for a decent price.

Let’s see...
I buy the All Star 4s at midnight January 26, 2020 and the seller still ship some people are decent I hope the same happens for you positive thoughts

at this point i could give a ****. **** nike!

wasnt able to get no kobe shoes after his death because of resellers and their bots so why should i care if nike cant sell kobes no more?

**** um!

kobe and vanessa > nike and resellers
who said nike can't sell kobes anymore? I'm pretty sure (without any real knowledge) that nike owns each and every one of the kobe shoe designs, and can put one out without a kobe signature or kobe logo (depending on who owns it). same way they have done in the past with athletes they no longer endorse but still put the shoes out. go ask Deion sanders.

Last edited:
who said nike can't sell kobes anymore? I'm pretty sure (without any real knowledge) that nike owns each and every one of the kobe shoe designs, and can put one out without a kobe signature or kobe logo (depending on who owns it). same way they have done in the past with athletes they no longer endorse but still put the shoes out. go ask Deon sanders.
True... but they can't use the name or the logo go look a the diamond turns they're missing the original logo and name

who said nike can't sell kobes anymore? I'm pretty sure (without any real knowledge) that nike owns each and every one of the kobe shoe designs, and can put one out without a kobe signature or kobe logo (depending on who owns it). same way they have done in the past with athletes they no longer endorse but still put the shoes out. go ask Deon sanders.

you copping without kobe logos?
1618887532552.gif

All felt like something was missing when they keep retroing these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210419-231718_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-231718_Gallery.jpg
    217.7 KB · Views: 430
  • Screenshot_20210419-232130_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210419-232130_Gallery.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 430
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id...ryant-estate-elect-not-renew-partnership-nike

According to a source, Bryant and the estate had grown frustrated with Nike limiting the availability of Kobe product during his retirement and after his January 2020 death in a helicopter crash. There was also frustration with the lack of availability of Kobe footwear in Kids sizes, according to sources, presumably to be worn by both young boys and young girls getting their starts in the sport.

Why was the title of the thread changed? I remember when it asked Vanessa for free shoes. What happened?

Back
Top Bottom