THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Idc what the "fad" is right now I dont like it, only Jordan's get socks hats and shirts and I only buy AJ 12s so meh.....mostly

I want to but my wife would kill me if I wore a shirt that said "Freak" on it with a swoosh meaning just do it :lol: I dont want them problems
Basketball gear as casual clothes just isn’t it. The look now is the “I don’t care but I paid 300 for this shirt that looks like a rag” look.

I mean, it doesn’t have to be for casual wear. It’s not like Nike made these clothes for the purpose of casual wear. They were made for basketball and people happened to be wearing them casually.

Basketball gear as casual clothes just isn’t it. The look now is the “I don’t care but I paid 300 for this shirt that looks like a rag” look.
Stop it 5. Jordans, are worn casually every single minute of the day by millions of people. Fashion is a subjective form of expression. If I want to rock Jordan shorts to work cause I can, that my personal preference for the day or any day of the week. It all depends where I'm going and what type of respect I want to precive me by.

Stop it 5. Jordans, are worn casually every single minute of the day by millions of people. Fashion is a subjective form of expression. If I want to rock Jordan shorts to work cause I can, that my personal preference for the day or any day of the week. It all depends where I'm going and what type of respect I want to precive me by.
We’re talking clothing.

I mean, it doesn’t have to be for casual wear. It’s not like Nike made these clothes for the purpose of casual wear. They were made for basketball and people happened to be wearing them casually.
Yes my point is basketball gear for casual wear isn’t what’s “cool” anymore thus they don’t make it. Kids aren’t grabbing shirts and shorts to rock at school anymore. Y’all still wear it that cool. That’s not my point :lol:

We’re talking clothing.
Jordan makes casual basketball clothing....don't they not?
_20190705_074255.JPG

Again not the point we’re all making :lol:

Nike basketball gear isn’t made like they used to. Nike basketball being the “in” thing for casual wear isn’t “it” anymore.
But that’s not the point I was making lol. I wasn’t saying they need to make Kobe clothing for us to wear casually. They’re not making anything PERIOD.

Again not the point we’re all making :lol:

Nike basketball gear isn’t made like they used to. Nike basketball being the “in” thing for casual wear isn’t “it” anymore.
Ohh okay. That's you opinion okay, not a fact. I blame this Texas heat for the lack of comprehension my bad.

But that’s not the point I was making lol. I wasn’t saying they need to make Kobe clothing for us to wear casually. They’re not making anything PERIOD.
BECAUSE the DEMAND for Nike b-ball clothing is GONE. Y’all not putting this together? :lol:

Your opinion is a fact.....hmmmm okay I'm done. Bye now.
Lol the fact is at one point you could grab a Lebron and Kobe leather jacket to go with your KD b-ball shorts and socks and that time has passed. The don’t put out the gear like they used to because that fad has ended. They have basic b-ball clothes and that’s pretty much it.

I get you guys aren’t/can’t/won’t put 2 and 2 together and I’m fine with that.

Hold up. All of the overall fashion and trend talk is probably accurate, but the eff that has to do with Nike's treatment of Kobe's line? Some, but not all.
Nike still makes plenty of warmup pants and jackets, no? Plenty of bball-related Ts and shorts and pants and more, no? Yeah, Nike makes all of that.

So, the complaint is that presently it makes nothing for Kobe other than the shoes, pretty much. It would be no thing to make some shorts or pants with the KB logo. Kobe-branded stuff used to be some of the best Nike made. Now it makes NOTHING. There's a goddamn happy medium :lol:

Hold up. All of the overall fashion and trend talk is probably accurate, but the eff that has to do with Nike's treatment of Kobe's line? Some, but not all.
Nike still makes plenty of warmup pants and jackets, no? Plenty of bball-related Ts and shorts and pants and more, no? Yeah, Nike makes all of that.

So, the complaint is that presently it makes nothing for Kobe other than the shoes, pretty much. It would be no thing to make some shorts or pants with the KB logo. Kobe-branded stuff used to be some of the best Nike made. Now it makes NOTHING. There's a goddamn happy medium :lol:
M72yiVk.gif

Nike Basketball when it comes to NBA gear are canibalizing themselves. They for example release a dri-fit practice T-Shirt, made out of cotton for USD 35 on their website. A couple months later on eBay some seller sells the actual practice gear for a similar price, thus people go for the real deal rather than the replica. I for example normally buy all the Nike gear that I like from the Suns team shop, but in the last 12 months I bought maybe 2 items, since I got the real deal on eBay. Just last week I bought the authentic practice shorts for USD 45 a piece, while the replicas are USD 40. Nike needs to start selling the authentic stuff more and more. I really wonder who is responsible for these decisions over at Nike.

Back
Top Bottom