THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

From purely a style standpoint--and I know Kobe supposedly doesn't care about style--this line has gone from being one of the greatest sig lines in history to just being generic and goofy. It's hard to believe that just three years ago (through the 11's run), I was still getting really excited about new Kobes. I wore them everywhere. I made a ton on ID.
Now? I've almost forgotten the line exists. This shoe, maybe it plays amazingly well, but it looks bleh and recycling the fast fit from the 33 feels lame and lazy. Man, I wish Avar would get back in charge of the Kobe projects. Meanwhile, patiently waiting for the Kobe 5s to retro next year. Christ.

From purely a style standpoint--and I know Kobe supposedly doesn't care about style--this line has gone from being one of the greatest sig lines in history to just being generic and goofy. It's hard to believe that just three years ago (through the 11's run), I was still getting really excited about new Kobes. I wore them everywhere. I made a ton on ID.
Now? I've almost forgotten the line exists. This shoe, maybe it plays amazingly well, but it looks bleh and recycling the fast fit from the 33 feels lame and lazy. Man, I wish Avar would get back in charge of the Kobe projects. Meanwhile, patiently waiting for the Kobe 5s to retro next year. Christ.

Facts.

The man is retired. |l
source.gif

Last edited:
With no involvement in the nba. Wonder how tied they are contractually at this point? Ie, how lebron has a lifetime deal - what’s kobe’s?

Hurts to say this but..... Its getting easier and easier to say goodbye to the Kobe Line, sucks but that's how it feels to me, like its not gunna make it like Nike/Jordan Brand has over 34 years. #Mambaout

Hurts to say this but..... Its getting easier and easier to say goodbye to the Kobe Line, sucks but that's how it feels to me, like its not gunna make it like Nike/Jordan Brand has over 34 years. #Mambaout
Same here but it sure as **** isn't because Kobe is retired, it's because of what Nike did to the line beginning immediately after the 11. Mediocre designs and materials that seemed more on the cheap side, idiotic naming conventions to the point that people aren't even clear anymore on which shoe is the "real" Kobe, zero apparel when the line used to have a lot of great gear ... I know I and some of us here are in the minority, anyway, but if the shoes etc had continued to be dope, I'd still be buying them like I was the whole time. When diehard Kobe and Kobe sneaker fans aren't even really biting, that's not a good sign LOL

I think if the swoosh was black with silver outline would look better. Will give them a go but if they are suffocating like the 33s then they outta here.

It’s just Kobe

Now to market around PG and keep trucking with Lebron, the Nike boys in LA. Kyrie on the east coast, and Giannis the newcomer

The 9 was the peak of the Kobe line. I still remember receiving pics of the highs prior to them being shown to the public and thinking wtf was that but they are a classic.
Make a protro 9 with a react drop in and a more durable outsole and that would the hammer of Thor.

The new NXT doesn't even have the Kobe look to it. I don't know how to describe the look though. It's like a completely different style and they just attached Kobe's name to it.
I do. Looks like FoG Raids mutated into some 33 hybrid.

How did we go from this

d2cd57aac011915f689b8f92506e8bd3576ff47d2d4dc.jpg

to this...

20190808_213504-jpg.2396208

:smh:
No ****ing ****. I said something similar aways back. Talk about a de-evolution :stoneface:

Make a protro 9 with a react drop in and a more durable outsole and that would the hammer of Thor.

I’ve worn my 9’s for nothing but playing in outdoors for the past like 3 years and the outsole is still great. Idk what the hell kind of wear you’ve been putting on them.

I’ve worn my 9’s for nothing but playing in outdoors for the past like 3 years and the outsole is still great. Idk what the hell kind of wear you’ve been putting on them.
Well, the base rubber holds up but the lines were soft and thin. When they were new, that traction was some violent, whiplash traction. As they wore down, it wasnt biting as much. So a little more durability would be good cuz that traction was killer out of the box.

I just hope the protros from here on out are real upgrades like the kobe 1. Its a good concept, they just gotta actually do it.

Back
Top Bottom