THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

I haven't bought any Kobe shoes lately, but I have purchased almost every magazine and book that has been put out recently. My wife says it is just another obsession lol. I took this today and haven't gotten it completely straight yet but I wanted to see what it will look like in my office. Still a little work to do on it.

EFCF6825-4991-4270-914E-F3AE7BFE14B7_1_201_a.jpeg

Still my favorite pair of Kobes ever. IX Elites in general are my favorite Kobe signature silhouette (followed by the 7s and 8s), but the Masterpiece is still a grail of mine.

0DF84D85-2F53-43BD-8A58-3C1D463E6177.jpeg
Love the crazy high top construction, the asymmetric multicolor flyknit materials that was different for every pair due to the random pattern of the multicolor knit (still hyped that my pair came with more bright yellow and volt hits than The darker orange and purple), the carbon fiber plates, the traction pattern on the sole, the lunarlon cushioning..just so many things about the IX make them a really cool pair of shoes.

7ABC45B3-ED60-430A-9B90-21E74C605B63.jpeg

Also another cool detail is the Hyperfuse around the ankle as well as the swoosh (if you look hard enough) are actually a bit iridescent in the right light. The details really are so nice on these.

3BF5DD3B-1189-43D2-84B0-49B6988AAD85.png 0C2FFD47-154D-4867-A8CD-29C6B132D33F.png
EA91A508-AEC8-4327-B644-27B1E8B8123E.jpeg CFF2ABCA-BDDE-4F5F-A0B3-64419B5104D4.jpeg
0E0B2B91-3DF3-4F7F-83CB-648F449D605B.png AE22C860-8C4B-4BCB-8CFF-D4484C7F9D29.jpeg 6BD0FEB5-5B58-4F70-B543-CCF76C2829F5.jpeg FB7CECB1-A6FE-42AA-A521-E333FD6E3E29.jpeg
They really ARE a masterpiece. I still have a DS pair. Arguably the coolest shoe I’ve ever seen, especially just sitting on a shelf. I wish they looked better on me in shorts but that high cut is tough to pull off if you’re not 6-6 or taller LOL. Regardless, I’m going to start wearing them sparingly with open hem sweats. Luckily I also have a pair of the MC lows but the masterpiece colors are even better. There’s a reason Tinker said that was the one shoe he wished HE had designed. Just absolutely beyond sick. Frankly, from a pure design standpoint, they **** on Concords. And Concords are my go to answer when asked what’s my favorite shoe of all time. That’s how highly I think of them. I just wish they were more versatile in real life for me. Dang, now I need to pull out my pair again and just stare at them LOL

I haven't bought any Kobe shoes lately, but I have purchased almost every magazine and book that has been put out recently. My wife says it is just another obsession lol. I took this today and haven't gotten it completely straight yet but I wanted to see what it will look like in my office. Still a little work to do on it.

EFCF6825-4991-4270-914E-F3AE7BFE14B7_1_201_a.jpeg

Not bad. Maybe shift it up a bit so you can see the bottom red border as well? Or was that intentional?

Got my magazine last night. Still gotta get my frame this weekend.

Reactions: LoX
Let‘s not get carried away now. :lol:
:lol:
I was exaggerating somewhat, and Concords are my jam. But from a pure intricate design standpoint, I’m lying if I say that if the two shoes were next to each other on a shelf, and had no names attached or anything else attached to them, and I’d never seen them before, that I wouldn’t be more visually drawn to and far more fascinated by the Kobes. Now leave me alone while I go organize my billion pairs of Concords in my closet.

They really ARE a masterpiece. I still have a DS pair. Arguably the coolest shoe I’ve ever seen, especially just sitting on a shelf. I wish they looked better on me in shorts but that high cut is tough to pull off if you’re not 6-6 or taller LOL. Regardless, I’m going to start wearing them sparingly with open hem sweats. Luckily I also have a pair of the MC lows but the masterpiece colors are even better. There’s a reason Tinker said that was the one shoe he wished HE had designed. Just absolutely beyond sick. Frankly, from a pure design standpoint, they **** on Concords. And Concords are my go to answer when asked what’s my favorite shoe of all time. That’s how highly I think of them. I just wish they were more versatile in real life for me. Dang, now I need to pull out my pair again and just stare at them LOL

Agreed that they are simply fascinating to even look at, nevermind the fact that they perform equally as well, even being that they’re 6 years old now.

I also have the MC lows (the Nike ID option) in both black and white bases (white being in my Avi). Love them all.

As far as pulling them off..I’ve seen custom chopped pairs that look sick, and I guess a little easier to wear casually than an ultra high top, but I just can’t bring myself to alter them haha. Maybe if I had an extra beat pair

Agreed that they are simply fascinating to even look at, nevermind the fact that they perform equally as well, even being that they’re 6 years old now.

I also have the MC lows (the Nike ID option) in both black and white bases (white being in my Avi). Love them all.

As far as pulling them off..I’ve seen custom chopped pairs that look sick, and I guess a little easier to wear casually than an ultra high top, but I just can’t bring myself to alter them haha. Maybe if I had an extra beat pair
Ha yeah, no way I would ever chop them. I regret not making several MC lows, but that price tag threw me off and they sold out quick. $225 or whatever they were was nonsensical even to me back in 2010. Hell, it’s basically ridiculous now, honestly. I’ve just accepted it for the most part. Back when the KB 9s were dropping, I couldn’t process that MSRP.

Still my favorite pair of Kobes ever. IX Elites in general are my favorite Kobe signature silhouette (followed by the 7s and 8s), but the Masterpiece is still a grail of mine.

0DF84D85-2F53-43BD-8A58-3C1D463E6177.jpeg
Love the crazy high top construction, the asymmetric multicolor flyknit materials that was different for every pair due to the random pattern of the multicolor knit (still hyped that my pair came with more bright yellow and volt hits than The darker orange and purple), the carbon fiber plates, the traction pattern on the sole, the lunarlon cushioning..just so many things about the IX make them a really cool pair of shoes.

7ABC45B3-ED60-430A-9B90-21E74C605B63.jpeg

Also another cool detail is the Hyperfuse around the ankle as well as the swoosh (if you look hard enough) are actually a bit iridescent in the right light. The details really are so nice on these.

3BF5DD3B-1189-43D2-84B0-49B6988AAD85.png 0C2FFD47-154D-4867-A8CD-29C6B132D33F.png
EA91A508-AEC8-4327-B644-27B1E8B8123E.jpeg CFF2ABCA-BDDE-4F5F-A0B3-64419B5104D4.jpeg
0E0B2B91-3DF3-4F7F-83CB-648F449D605B.png AE22C860-8C4B-4BCB-8CFF-D4484C7F9D29.jpeg 6BD0FEB5-5B58-4F70-B543-CCF76C2829F5.jpeg FB7CECB1-A6FE-42AA-A521-E333FD6E3E29.jpeg
I agree with you. This shoe got me to start collecting. My wrestling character is the Masterpiece so I had to have a pair.They’re my grails along with the 1 preludes

^^^ I had those as well but I gave them to my nephew to play in when he made his high school bball team.

1st I see on a Lakers post game show
1st I see u on a Lakers post game show
Now I see u on niketalk talking Kobe sneakers
Get out of here u really a laker fan lol

I always respected u as a wrestler. That master lock is the truthI always respected you as a wrestler

salute
Dude, Chris has been on NT for quite a while now, it’s nothing new :lol:

1st I see on a Lakers post game show
1st I see u on a Lakers post game show
Now I see u on niketalk talking Kobe sneakers
Get out of here u really a laker fan lol

I always respected u as a wrestler. That master lock is the truthI always respected you as a wrestler

salute
Hes a vet to the kobe threads. Has been on since the kobe 9 thread.

Back
Top Bottom