THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Just saw a MF'KR on Offerup for my hometown trying to sell some size 8 Exodus for $220. There will always be someone trying to make a dime off of someone who really enjoys certain things in life. You can guarantee that. Can't stand these a55h0les

Ok i'm done with my rant

Received my pair just a while ago. Was concerned about the toe-box after seeing what's been posted here, and upon having in-hand...It's a non-issue with me (and I'm super-critical regarding Kobes).

Also. I noticed these today on the sneaker wall of a HOH FL, and that specific FL was not one of the ones on the 'release-locator' last week, so...

it may be worthwhile to stop by your local HOH even if it wasn't on the list last week.

TO ADD...I second what someone else said on here yesterday. These are the best Kobes since the 11. If they perform well, I would put them above the 10s too.

Just saw a MF'KR on Offerup for my hometown trying to sell some size 8 Exodus for $220. There will always be someone trying to make a dime off of someone who really enjoys certain things in life. You can guarantee that. Can't stand these a55h0les

Ok i'm done with my rant
I hate to be that guy but that’s about the going rate them.

Another post (can tell I really like these). These REALLY have to be put on iD. If Nike doesn't they're really dropping the ball.

Seriously. Regardless of if someone buys the iD version of these or not...Just to be able to play with these on iD would be fun. If these were given as many options as were available for the 9, 10, and 11, these would be really fun cook up colorways with.

It would be like a Kobe Lego set.

ABFA377B-D403-478F-BBF6-87C313ACD61E.jpeg
13668E36-1709-42A3-B353-2527B61EE27A.jpeg
Got mine - no complaints

I’ve heard the pull tab on the heel rubs against your heel real bad. Have any of you had problems with that?

Ok i'm done with my rant
I hear ya, but that's the shoe game in general. It's become the easy way to make a quick buck for young kids and for the older sneakerheads, they use the resell money to cut some of the cost of the things they gotta pay resell on. Circle of life.

Just out of curiosity, are there any older-heads out there that grabbed these Kobes?
( I’m 48 )

I'm 38 and got a pair. Waiting for the black ones this Saturday because it's a more subtle colorway for my taste and that will determine if i keep the sail pair.

I’ve heard the pull tab on the heel rubs against your heel real bad. Have any of you had problems with that?

I can confirm that these do rub against the heel. The part where the pull tab attaches to the shoe is thick stitching and really rubs my Achilles raw. I am not sure if this is a matter of breaking them in, but as I wore them more throughout the day, the rubbing became less. Hoping I just need to break them in as these are easily the best Kobe's out since the 11's imo.

I hooped in these. I like the 360 more as of now. The traction was great for the most part but I did have a big slip, but that was within 5 minutes of first putting them on, after running a game they gave me no problems. The cushion on the forefoot is a bit dead but acceptable. Not Kyrie or Curry bad tho. The heel is bouncy. The fit is great, snug and no slippage. The bootie is very comfortable.

ABFA377B-D403-478F-BBF6-87C313ACD61E.jpeg
13668E36-1709-42A3-B353-2527B61EE27A.jpeg
Got mine - no complaints

My only complaint is a petty one. They re-hashed the same Kobe sneaker-box. Always like when it's a new box to go along with a new model. Other then that, these are cool looking. Better in-hand than in pics.
Just out of curiosity, are there any older-heads out there that grabbed these Kobes?
( I’m 48 )

In my 40s as well. Got these and will be all-in on the black pair.

For those who got theirs, did yall have creases in your mid sole?
I did... I thought I was buggin.

ANYWAYS the cushion is pretty good! It's not as good as the lebron 11 drop in midsole I use for my kobe 9s but it's still a little bouncy from initial impressions. Definitely softer than the lebron 15s that I rotate with my kobe 9s. Fit is pretty good. My feet are wide so most of my shoes I wear a 13 and I usually have almost a thumb width of room (with thin socks. with thick elite socks it's less than that). These fit me the same as the rest of my ball shoes and I have no heel slippage with that thumb width of space in the toe box. Narrow footers can probably go half a size down. Unfortunately I can't try a 12.5 because that ish is nonexistent in stores smh. Really liking these so far. The traction nubs actually feel harder than the nxt 360s. Hopefully it doesn't wear out as fast. Interested in how these will perform on a semi dusty court.

About the toe-box creasing. I'm wondering if some might be going with the correct size. My pair has creasing, but when I put them on, not so much. Maybe a little, but not nearly as much as say Roshes, or Element 97s, etc. When I look at the pics of Kobe wearing them (and Nike used one of those pics on SNKRS), it's the same...minimal creasing. And I have narrow feet.

I actually like that these toe-boxes have some thickness to them. Much more than the 360s have. On the 360, it's like the screen from a screen door. My pair of the Mamba Day 360 came with a fold/crease on the toe box, and after several wears, still has it. No way I was going to return them, and besides, the FK is black, so it's not that noticeable.

And BTW. If anyone is wondering what material is like on the toe-boxes of these, I think it's very similar (if not the same) as the Roshe NMs.

Last edited:
I paid $190 for my size 14.

No regrets, with those sizes the pricing gets insane REAL fast once supply dwindles. It wasn't that bad even 3-4 years ago, but now kids will buy up any sizes (particularly big sizes) to flip.

I paid $190 for my size 14.

No regrets, with those sizes the pricing gets insane REAL fast once supply dwindles. It wasn't that bad even 3-4 years ago, but now kids will buy up any sizes (particularly big sizes) to flip.
It's weird because usually big sizes are cheaper in resale. I guess there really wasn't a lot of stock for big feet.

I did, and I’m on your side of 40. Two sessions in - one full court Monday for 6 games and today was half court for 5, and only complaint was traction. Floor was dirty but my Hyperdunk X held. Kobe had some slipping.
Good to hear. I think I’m gonna half size down I’m a super narrow footer. Can’t wait to cop the blacks *hopefully* these weekend

Back
Top Bottom