THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

IMG_8825.jpeg
dawg i was just looking at the turbos online, how do you like them? they on sale so i might copp

i have been wearing the Halos now for the last three practice sessions, so here a little comparison to the original release:

Updated tongue: I prefer the Protro one. The originals cut into the socks a bit, since it was plastic. I mostly wear the Nike NBA ankle socks and the tongue ended right where the swoosh on the socks started, so some of the swooshes have been roughed up over time. The Protro tongue is softer and more comfortable. 1:0 protro.

insole/ upper knit/ mesh construction: with the protros it feels like once your feet have found the perfect position in the shoe, the sneakers and my feet become one unit. That being said I had to try 2-3 different positions of my foot placing in the shoe. What works best for me is when my heel is right up against the back cushioning of the shoe. When it was not my calfs and heels were not that happy. With the originals you just got in and played ball. The insole on the protros feels great and for right now is the most significant improvement. That being said I loved the originals, you just got in and started balling. I think time will tell which one is more durable, so I would say it is draw, 1:1 for now.

Weight: 1:0 for the originals, the Protro upgrade brought more weight, still not a lot in comparison to other shoes like the LeBron XX, but again heavier than the 2012 release.

Heringbone traction system: I need more sessions to make up my mind, so no score.

Sizing: I wear a size 9 in both, I do have very slim feet though!

Overall verdict for now:

I loved the original release and I do love the Protro treatment, so 2:2 final score. I think in about 2 months I will have a clearer picture. That being said I only have the Kobe 8 Elite‘s left from the 2012-2013 releases, they are in my rotation again, so that I can get a better picture.

Just drove down to MD from NYC(come down every weekend). Got in greeted my daughters, saw the Kobe box on the floor in the bedroom so immediately tried them on. My usual 11.5, as my OGs feels good to me. Feel they maybe a little narrower though... but def wouldn't size up. It's like when the protro 5s released folks expressed they were narrower.... but yea for me didn't require sizing up in them.
20230903_092642.jpg

Last edited:

Based on this list/announcement, Duke definitely made the most sense because Kobe was supposed to play college ball there had he not opted for the 1996 NBA Draft. It was clearly evident that he made the smart choice to enter that draft.

I can understand USC because of the L.A. connection. Perhaps his oldest daughter attending that school also played a part in that.

Oregon also made sense because they're the premier Nike school that gets all the hookups by default. It was logical for exposure purposes for that known Nike school to have the Kobe branding attached to it.

Based on this list/announcement, Duke definitely made the most sense because Kobe was supposed to play college ball there had he not opted for the 1996 NBA Draft. It was clearly evident that he made the smart choice to enter that draft.

I can understand USC because of the L.A. connection. Perhaps his oldest daughter attending that school also played a part in that.

Oregon also made sense because they're the premier Nike school that gets all the hookups by default. It was logical for exposure purposes for that known Nike school to have the Kobe branding attached to it.

Gigi was basically already a lady husky

maybe they are releasing sh*tty colorways first to see how big the hype and demand truly is 🤣

resale for halos honestly isn’t bad, keeps dropping daily

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom