THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

Nike Kobe 8 Protro “Court Purple”
Color: White/Court Purple-White
Style Code: FQ3549-100
Release Date: February 8, 2024
Price: $190
1698090369239.png

1698090932769.png

1698091033350.png

1698091121085.png

1698091242371.png

1698091279627.png
Would love to be able to pick these or the green joints up strictly for ball but ever since 1/26/2020 all of the "Kobe sneakerheads" have come out of the woodworks.
20200407_122453-picsay.jpg

The thing is we know Nike is capable of making new color ways that are good with decent storytelling. I think the Wizenard 4s and the EYBL Medusa 5s are good examples of a new spin on classic models. Tell me that Wizenard print won't go crazy on the 8's engineered mesh upper.
Not sure they can do story telling about a person who’s no longer with us in a way that will resonate with the general public…

Maybe it’s just me but my stance hasn’t changed, if I didn’t see Kobe with them they don’t really hit the same.

If they're bringing back the IX highs, in addition to the Masterpiece (of which my OG pair has only been worn a few times inside the house to this day) and some other classic OG colorways, they should give us the gdamn Precisions that for some reason never released originally. They can keep all this lame all-white etc. crap they're doing on the VIIIs.

s-l960.jpg

This is really the only colorway I ever wanted other than the MPs and the Inspirations, which I also have only worn a few times. MLKs are dope as hell, too.

That high black/orange 9s had me catfished too. Early leaks had it looking blk/red instead.
The thing sat a long time too.

That high black/orange 9s had me catfished too. Early leaks had it looking blk/red instead.
The thing sat a long time too.

Every time I saw them sitting on a store shelf, I wanted to buy them just because I found them so ridiculous LOL. Never did, though.
I'd also have bought the Victory colorway if it had a white or black swoosh. But that gold swoosh threw the whole thing off for me, I could never get past it.

I'd also have bought the Victory colorway if it had a white or black swoosh. But that gold swoosh threw the whole thing off for me, I could never get past it.
lol yea, put mine on the bloc. Nice shoe though, but hard to coordinate.

Attachments

• 20200321_144518_001.jpg
    20200321_144518_001.jpg
    407.2 KB · Views: 827
Last edited:
9 EMs were my favorite to play in. Right up there with the 2K4s for me. All white colorway is kind of whack though. Will wait to see what other colorways they bring out.

I was telling my guy the EM 9s actually look cleaner in general as they're more sleeker..... obviously the mutlicolor flyknits looked dope. They prob going EM 9 lows cuz they already chose the Elite 9 highs.... so to just give a different option.

Also, as a reminder - if they release the Flyknit low 9s, don’t forget to go half a size up. My ID joints killed my pinky toes. Might have to sell them as they’re not fun to wear.

Back
Top Bottom