THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP Legend 1978-2020

Joined Nov 25, 2012
I still stand by what I said seven years later. The VIII's were a great performance shoe but had ****ing hideous colorways.

edit: i think i was referring to the vii's in that post. I don't recall, regardless the VII's were ****ing ugly as **** too.

Last edited:
Joined May 15, 2003
I still stand by what I said seven years later. The VIII's were a great performance shoe but had ****ing hideous colorways.

edit: i think i was referring to the vii's in that post. I don't recall, regardless the VII's were ****ing ugly as **** too.
:stoneface:

4F6C2449-3D27-43B8-A9A9-DE53F8386551.jpeg

This exact pair was ****ing great both looks and performance wise. Wore the hell out of them.
Slept on

That heel cup adds something

Joined May 15, 2003
I liked the 9 highs, but I'm tall and have longer legs so they don't look that funny on me. Heel to toe transition was a bit clunky.

10 highs were :sick::sick: but the lows were straight. Elite lows were the best but the CWs sucked for the most part. All the best ones were the HTMs that were limited
This

I have several pairs of 9 highs

I didn't like the 10 highs

Joined Apr 12, 2017
Iirc when they first came out they got trash reviews but people said after some break in they were good, I remember a couple folks for sure saying they needed extensive break in... I have enough hoop shoes and the silhouette didn’t move me or anything so it was an easy pass. I’m pretty sure I was stock locating a bunch of XIs from FTL when these were a thing anyway.

I could be wrong but of all the ADs I think most people would say these (OG) are the worst to hoop in. This is just based off what I’ve heard/ read/ watched...

Anyone hoop in all of them and care to rank? I’m interested to see what the Kobe loyalists have to say :nerd:

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Iirc when they first came out they got trash reviews but people said after some break in they were good, I remember a couple folks for sure saying they needed extensive break in... I have enough hoop shoes and the silhouette didn’t move me or anything so it was an easy pass. I’m pretty sure I was stock locating a bunch of XIs from FTL when these were a thing anyway.

I could be wrong but of all the ADs I think most people would say these (OG) are the worst to hoop in. This is just based off what I’ve heard/ read/ watched...

Anyone hoop in all of them and care to rank? I’m interested to see what the Kobe loyalists have to say :nerd:
Lol I have tried them all! 360s and OG ADs were the best for me... The OG ADs needed no break in time at all! I have over 15 pairs of them and they are some of my all-time favorite hooping shoes!
Peeps were also hating on them bc they aren’t called the “Kobe 12s” lol

Joined Apr 12, 2017
EBE31504-5626-488A-8F22-E594AE9C85F1.jpeg
29289CF3-AC4B-48C7-AA6D-2D1FB5287C24.jpeg

For reals and that heel is so dope! I made some black IDs w/ that crazy heel option
Ok these are :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I’m honestly surprised to hear you didn’t need any break in time. That’s cool you love them. I wasn’t really feeling them and the lackluster reviews made it an easy decision and I just stopped following them all together so I’ve never seen the ID heat, kinda glad I didn’t, probably saved myself some money :lol:

When I hear extended break-in, for any new hoop shoe, it’s pretty much an auto pass.

All that said, I’d love to see the rest of your ADs if you ever have time to post them :nthat:

Joined Jul 31, 2019
Anyone else kinda happy the UNDRFTD Kobe 4s are coming out the same day as the kobe fastfit? I feel like it'll take some attention away from the nxt ff (which is great since I feel like these are gonna be limited). I know they're not the greatest kobes, but that react midsole and the colors look nice on the black pair.

Joined Apr 22, 2012
Anyone else kinda happy the UNDRFTD Kobe 4s are coming out the same day as the kobe fastfit? I feel like it'll take some attention away from the nxt ff (which is great since I feel like these are gonna be limited). I know they're not the greatest kobes, but that react midsole and the colors look nice on the black pair.
The black pair drops on the 24th ?

Joined Mar 30, 2016
Ok these are :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I’m honestly surprised to hear you didn’t need any break in time. That’s cool you love them. I wasn’t really feeling them and the lackluster reviews made it an easy decision and I just stopped following them all together so I’ve never seen the ID heat, kinda glad I didn’t, probably saved myself some money :lol:

When I hear extended break-in, for any new hoop shoe, it’s pretty much an auto pass.

All that said, I’d love to see the rest of your ADs if you ever have time to post them :nthat:
Exactly the reason why I don’t pay attention to reviews! I think I posted all of my OG AD IDs in here...

You can look at my IG though... don’t wanna spam the thread again

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker or head over to our upgrade page to donate for an ad-free experience Upgrade now