THE OFFICIAL NIKE KOBE FOOTWEAR THREAD: RIP LEGEND 1978-2020. MAMBA FOREVER | 3 Releases 4/13

How did we go from this

d2cd57aac011915f689b8f92506e8bd3576ff47d2d4dc.jpg

to this...

20190808_213504-jpg.2396208

:smh:

the bottom pic > the top pic, the 9s were ugly AF imho glad the Xs made up for all them ugly low Kobes over the years since the 2 and the 2ks

To be fair they are being compared to the masterpiece. I like the new Kobes actually. I will say the line did peak at the 9.

Out of the AD line I love the 360's and the exodus for ball. Performance wise the 360's rank among the best but durability is an issue.
Never enjoyed the original ad's and mids for hoops but great casual shoes.

Random, but I was browsing some old comments from the 8 thread. Some of them did not age well and some aged like fine wine
Shows that the negativity is ALWAYS there, even if a shoe is held in very high regards years later.
In hindsight, the best was people complaining back then that the colorways were too loud and wanted simpler ones :lol:

Is it just me or is nike taking steps backwards on the colorways for the Kobe line every year? IVs had clean simple colorways i bought almost every pair. Vs the best colorways again I bought almost every pair. VIs had really nice Colorways but some weren't.. VIIs had like 4 good colorways rest were garbage, Becase of it i own less VIIs comparared to my IVs,Vs, and VIs. On to the VIIIs i haven't seen a colorway Im attracted to.... these prints suck! I cant believe some of you are buying into these colorways, The Christmas colorway is disgusting! Cheetahs would of been better if they would of ditched the Cheetah print. Bassically what im saying is, Prints designs

I don't understand people saying uninspired this, too plain that.
the 4s came out with really basic colorways, It just had suede and
different leathers to compliment it. That said, I think that we're just
seeing the natural progression of things. Like, how else can Nike
give us BETTER colorways when they released almost 40 cws per
sige since the kobe 4. That's too many shoes to design and I just
don't think we will like EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Anyhoo, I'm liking this negative vibe people have. At least it will be
easier for me to... oh wait. NO. Because everyone buys up all the
nice colorways when they drop. :smh:

I do not understand why Nike is using these ugly *** "patterns" to put more detail on the shoe..For example, people didn't like the Leopard spots on the Xmas pair, then they put yellow, orange, and black on the Del Sol VIII's and I don't even know wtf those Xmas's are.

Why can't they just do simple colorways like the IV, V, VI's..

because if they do, people will say "too plain" like people are doing right now.
It's just too hard to please people nowadays I guess.

This.

Just look at the kd 5 thread

8 bit colorway = too loud, cosby sweater looking shoe etc
home colorway = too plain, looking like a takedown hyperdunk TB

^ Yep, and once the KD V's officially release all of those people hating in there will be all over them just like the KD IV's.

It's been said a thousand times, but slap limited on an ugly colorway and the shoes will sell. That was the case with the Kobe VII's and you'd think those were the worst shoes ever made the way some people complain about them.

Those Draft Day looking VIII's actually look really good. For those who thought the other two patterns were too loud, now we're hearing these are too plain. :smh:

I liked the 9 highs, but I'm tall and have longer legs so they don't look that funny on me. Heel to toe transition was a bit clunky.

10 highs were :sick::sick: but the lows were straight. Elite lows were the best but the CWs sucked for the most part. All the best ones were the HTMs that were limited

I still stand by what I said seven years later. The VIII's were a great performance shoe but had ****ing hideous colorways.

edit: i think i was referring to the vii's in that post. I don't recall, regardless the VII's were ****ing ugly as **** too.

Last edited:
I still stand by what I said seven years later. The VIII's were a great performance shoe but had ****ing hideous colorways.

edit: i think i was referring to the vii's in that post. I don't recall, regardless the VII's were ****ing ugly as **** too.

:stoneface:

4F6C2449-3D27-43B8-A9A9-DE53F8386551.jpeg

This exact pair was ****ing great both looks and performance wise. Wore the hell out of them.

Slept on

That heel cup adds something

I liked the 9 highs, but I'm tall and have longer legs so they don't look that funny on me. Heel to toe transition was a bit clunky.

10 highs were :sick::sick: but the lows were straight. Elite lows were the best but the CWs sucked for the most part. All the best ones were the HTMs that were limited

This

I have several pairs of 9 highs

I didn't like the 10 highs

Iirc when they first came out they got trash reviews but people said after some break in they were good, I remember a couple folks for sure saying they needed extensive break in... I have enough hoop shoes and the silhouette didn’t move me or anything so it was an easy pass. I’m pretty sure I was stock locating a bunch of XIs from FTL when these were a thing anyway.

I could be wrong but of all the ADs I think most people would say these (OG) are the worst to hoop in. This is just based off what I’ve heard/ read/ watched...

Anyone hoop in all of them and care to rank? I’m interested to see what the Kobe loyalists have to say :nerd:

Iirc when they first came out they got trash reviews but people said after some break in they were good, I remember a couple folks for sure saying they needed extensive break in... I have enough hoop shoes and the silhouette didn’t move me or anything so it was an easy pass. I’m pretty sure I was stock locating a bunch of XIs from FTL when these were a thing anyway.

I could be wrong but of all the ADs I think most people would say these (OG) are the worst to hoop in. This is just based off what I’ve heard/ read/ watched...

Anyone hoop in all of them and care to rank? I’m interested to see what the Kobe loyalists have to say :nerd:

Lol I have tried them all! 360s and OG ADs were the best for me... The OG ADs needed no break in time at all! I have over 15 pairs of them and they are some of my all-time favorite hooping shoes!
Peeps were also hating on them bc they aren’t called the “Kobe 12s” lol

EBE31504-5626-488A-8F22-E594AE9C85F1.jpeg
29289CF3-AC4B-48C7-AA6D-2D1FB5287C24.jpeg

For reals and that heel is so dope! I made some black IDs w/ that crazy heel option

Ok these are :pimp::pimp::pimp:

I’m honestly surprised to hear you didn’t need any break in time. That’s cool you love them. I wasn’t really feeling them and the lackluster reviews made it an easy decision and I just stopped following them all together so I’ve never seen the ID heat, kinda glad I didn’t, probably saved myself some money :lol:

When I hear extended break-in, for any new hoop shoe, it’s pretty much an auto pass.

All that said, I’d love to see the rest of your ADs if you ever have time to post them :nthat:

Anyone else kinda happy the UNDRFTD Kobe 4s are coming out the same day as the kobe fastfit? I feel like it'll take some attention away from the nxt ff (which is great since I feel like these are gonna be limited). I know they're not the greatest kobes, but that react midsole and the colors look nice on the black pair.

Anyone else kinda happy the UNDRFTD Kobe 4s are coming out the same day as the kobe fastfit? I feel like it'll take some attention away from the nxt ff (which is great since I feel like these are gonna be limited). I know they're not the greatest kobes, but that react midsole and the colors look nice on the black pair.
The black pair drops on the 24th ?

Back
Top Bottom