The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

[COLOR=#Red]Holy wow! These are the Lebron's that are going to get me back into the review game. I'm over 1000 miles away from my home in Houston on a business trip and visiting my mom so I haven't had a chance to hit my usual hoop gym...but my mom has wood floors that are like the high end wood floored basketball courts with the "spring" base layer.

The lockdown is amazing. I'm also eating my words from earlier...these do NOT feel like they are too high off the ground. These have such a solid, stable, and secure fit, and those factors along with the more than adequate grip is shaping this up to be a performance beast.

Aesthetically the Black Ice Chasedown colorway looks really really good on the foot. There's no way these can be confused with a non premium shoe. Can't wait to actually hoop in these. [/COLOR]

Code:
View media item 2330365

I don't know why people keep bringing these up as a counterargument to the whole "nike doesn't drop cav's colors" thing like they were available widely in stores or in men's sizes

This was one of a number of XIII releases that didn't get a proper domestic release because they made a million colors and units weren't moving. IIRC these suffered the same fate that the air command force-themed pair did.

I don't know why people keep bringing these up as a counterargument to the whole "nike doesn't drop cav's colors" thing like they were available widely in stores or in men's sizes

This was one of a number of XIII releases that didn't get a proper domestic release because they made a million colors and units weren't moving. IIRC these suffered the same fate that the air command force-themed pair did.

At the end of the day it's a Cavs colorway that could've been easily had for super cheap. Retailer didn't want them as we know because they had trouble moving the previous colorways.

And honestly, varsity/sport red is more easy to match and more practical to wear on a consistent basis than wine/burgundy. You don't see the average Joe Schmoe rockin' true Cavs wine/gold colors like that.

And also, Nike ID kinda killed the whole of releasing x player's shoes in true team colorways.

Last edited:
I definitely think the 14's are better looking in person than in pictures. I would have liked more signature details on them though. When my girl saw them, she said they look like a regular Nike basketball shoe they came out with this year lol.

Had a really solid few days in a row in these, so I revisited the initial review I wrote for the "Out of Nowhere" pair.

Gotta say, I think everything I wrote initially was pretty accurate on these, haven't noticed anything I would change in my review.

Now that this pair has been broken in, the fit is a touch better width wise, but it's still a tad wider than I would like.  I find myself pulling harder and harder on the laces, and yanking on the strap pretty good, and while it does help secure the shoe better, it's not the perfect lockdown I would like.  I wish the area where a tongue would normally be was thicker, I think that would make for an even better molded fit once you get them broken in.  The upper is substantially thinner than the KD9's so I personally think the KD9 has a better lockdown, at least for me, because it's narrower and thicker through the forefoot.  

What I find myself liking more on these, is the cushioning.  Even though the KD9 has a full zoom bag, these feel softer on foot after 2 plus hours of use than the KD's.  I find that the KD9's have a flat spot on the palm of the pads of the forefoot, which can cause a little bit of irritation after a long session.  The KD's don't have as thick of a midsole cushioning setup and sit very flat on the court.  I was able to play for 3 straight hours on Friday in the 14's with zero issues.  In the KD9's my forefoot areas would've been burning/sore.  And now that they have started to mold a bit to my feet, they feel even better.  They aren't quite as high off the ground as they look, and the stability issues I was concerned about initially haven't been overly worrisome, but I do stand noticeably taller in these than the KD's, and Kobe AD's.  But a little extra height on the court isn't usually a bad thing.  Traction has been very good, even on dusty courts so far, better than the KD 9, Kobe AD, and Kyrie 3, in my opinion.    The textured pattern on the pods grips well, and doesn't clog with dust easily.  

Still a pain for me to get into them, out isn't bad at all.  

Overall pretty solid shoe from Nike/LBJ.  I still am not 100% in love with the one piece bootie upper, and the thin material they used, but it's not awful when you really crank the laces and strap down.  And again, I have crazy narrow feet, so it may differ for normal width folks.  Cushioning and traction are good steps in the right direction.  

Last edited:
These are perfect with that black midsole.  
nthat.gif

That's what I'm saying red ain't Cavaliers colors.

Wine/Maroon are Cavaliers colors and we rarely get those.

Last edited:
yeahhh so what other colors are slated to come out and how soon

so far i've seen

white
black
all red
grey red black

these are looking real weak colorwise and honestly i preferred a few years ago when they would have like 20 and just throw **** at the wall to see what sticks and you could pick up the 3 or 4 hard joints

where are the weird colors with the forced stories behind them

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom