The Official Nike LeBron 14 Thread. Retail $175

Guess they're tired of seeing Elites rotting on shelves.

The markup on an elite versus regular season was insane, you'd have a regular $175 shoe go up to around $250/$275. I know I wasn't paying that, which was I passed on some elites even though I wanted them. Add that to a slowly increasing price tag of the standard model increasing up to $200, I think Nike realized they were shooting themselves in the foot.

I remember when the elite stuff was first presented.
Dudes were really trying to justify the price increase.... like "Nike had to make a new shoe so they had to charge us an extra $75+" :lol:

Dudes were really trying to justify the price increase.... like "Nike had to make a new shoe so they had to charge us an extra $75+" :lol:

#truth...however at least it seemed like they were trying with carbon fiber additions instead of takedowns...

#truth...however at least it seemed like they were trying with carbon fiber additions instead of takedowns...

Yea but carbon fiber existed on models cheaper than what we were being taxed :lol:

Right...at least the effort was there, even with the absurd price.  

When's the last time LeBron was even in a marketing campaign for his shoes? The commercial of him running/biking through Miami for the XI's?  

And it ain't like these 14's should be anywhere near $175 retail either, one of the simplest sigs he's ever laced up.  At least the elites had full zoom, a good amount of carbon fiber, and some real details.  

X's were the last "GREAT" Lebron

Agreed. That was the last one I purchased at retail. I have like four or five pairs of the X. I wanted the X Elites so back but couldn't cough of that kind of bread for them.

The XIV restored some faith in the Lebron for me.

What's this..
Some really short shorts  
laugh.gif

weight lifting shoes ft a really strange workout

You put a weight at the end of the bar and push forward/upward - great for your shoulders and chest. Since the bar can pivot at the base your stabilizer muscles get a workout too.

It's interesting that LBJ's wearing Adidas shorts instead of shorts from his own line.

I think as a whole Nike needs a culture and leadership change - there are simply no damns given about their brand. Just an over-reliance on mediocre retro product. :smh:

weight lifting shoes ft a really strange workout
You put a weight at the end of the bar and push forward/upward - great for your shoulders and chest. Since the bar can pivot at the base your stabilizer muscles get a workout too.

It's interesting that LBJ's wearing Adidas shorts instead of shorts from his own line.

I think as a whole Nike needs a culture and leadership change - there are simply no damns given about their brand. Just an over-reliance on mediocre retro product.
mean.gif
the weights is hooked up to his ankle i'm pretty sure he is just using a balance bar while working on his hip flexors but regardless you hit the nail on the head with this post, Dolce and those guys leaving has been a big blow to nike

Remember when Lebron is doing pretty much anything NBA related, he is under the NBA uniform rules which means wearing league contract apparel, which in this case is Adidas. Nike has nothing to do with that as it's out of their jurisdiction, until the new NBA season starts and their contract officially begins.

And I'm sure Nike has tons of place to make sure their contract is executed to the fullest extent. I'm also certain they will come up with something better than those sleeved jerseys as AND ASG uniforms. Fingers crossed Nike doesn't blow this opportunity for the upcoming NBA season.

Last edited:

Right...at least the effort was there, even with the absurd price.  

When's the last time LeBron was even in a marketing campaign for his shoes? The commercial of him running/biking through Miami for the XI's?  
This. When is the last time we've seen any Nike sneaker commercials? Nike is desperately missing good sneaker campaigns/advertising. Stuff like the Hyperize rap, Lil Penny, and my favorite the MVPuppets. 

Last edited:
Mannnnnn! The MVPuppets with Lil Dez was iconic! They ran it into the ground a little, but still, that's when Nike was on top of their game.

Back
Top Bottom