The Official Nike Zoom Kobe VII Thread Vol. 2 - Home 3/31, Elites and PDFs

Originally Posted by milwaukeebucks

0e2369e160fa98f0ac50f1b28f8b9e7af0711f0e_r.png

I really like this pair. I would grab this over the wolves if I could. It's a shame the black isn't navy. That would have made these unstoppable to me.
So far the only PDF I can tolerate is the mint one. Not much coming soon in terms of must have cws, but who knows there could be a random surprise around the corner.

how are these kobes for ballin compared to a mid shoe? i never wear lows, but i dont like the way it feels ballin in my lebron 9's.

Just got the Wolfs off of sneakerhead.com, easy pick up and no need to drive or hassle since several foot locker's wont get them around my area (LA/Montebello) save me some gas! Since its too damn high right now
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

@Skip2MyLou23

yes your collection WILL GROW no question.

On another note this cheetah is killing my right foot right now.. had to give it a break for a few minutes or so.
i4eljc.jpg

Just got a pair of the Dukes, first pair of Kobes. Just wondering what the most effective way to clean the shoe is and also where I can get some Kobe socks.

I just wonder if the slower sales are affecting colorways. I mean where are the dark knights, chaos, rice etc?

Originally Posted by bigj505

I just wonder if the slower sales are affecting colorways. I mean where are the dark knights, chaos, rice etc?

I think nike cut back on colorways from the start. With the shorter season and the amount of colorways they did with the vi that didn't sell, it makes sense. There arent even tb colorways yet, and I'm pretty sure they were out already when the vi was this far along.

Originally Posted by Commander0Zero

Originally Posted by nike4KJA05

Got mine. 
pimp.gif
 Google Chrome FTW. 
Chrome has nothing to do with it the ones that copped are the ones that are geographically closer to the servers. Which you probably are and just don't know it. Still it's luck cause you have to beat out alot of others in your area. 
I think this is the reason why I always miss out. I live in Miami, which is super far from the NDC severs.

Originally Posted by thapointguy

^ nice! I just wish sneakerhead would move out of state so I can cop without paying tax
laugh.gif
Hahaha for real tho'!! 
laugh.gif

It's ok though, least I don't have to drive to any store or try to hurry myself up to get to my 2nd job and all...I still see Sharks sitting at several stores...
tired.gif

I don't even think it's the colorways, it's the fact that the shoe is not that comfortable compared to previous models or when people first try these on, they feel really snug, cardboard like and no comfort straight out the box. The snug tongue IMO is killing this shoe, they should have just went with a standard tongue and an insole that didn't rise up as high

As big of a fan of Kobe as I am, at some point you have to look at the comfort level of the shoe and decide whether these shoes are worth buying or not. Sure they may or may not break in for everyone but the initial wearing or initial impression says a lot. There are plenty of shoes that fit or feel snug but it's a comfortable snug feeling, the Kobe 7s on the other hand feels like they are cutting off blood circulation to the foot. If these were performance monsters like in the past, no doubt they would be selling much better

Originally Posted by jjohnson3861

Originally Posted by blacklion23

A lil disappointed that it's black instead of navy on the orange pair. They're still nice though.
This.  Navy would've put them over the top.  The news that they aren't barcas gives more hope for release.
I have to disagree. The navy on the sharks is what broke the deal for me partly. Idk, I feel I can toss on a navy fitted with some black shoes but can't do a black fitted with navy shoes.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by gameupz

I don't even think it's the colorways, it's the fact that the shoe is not that comfortable compared to previous models or when people first try these on, they feel really snug, cardboard like and no comfort straight out the box. The snug tongue IMO is killing this shoe, they should have just went with a standard tongue and an insole that didn't rise up as high

As big of a fan of Kobe as I am, at some point you have to look at the comfort level of the shoe and decide whether these shoes are worth buying or not. Sure they may or may not break in for everyone but the initial wearing or initial impression says a lot. There are plenty of shoes that fit or feel snug but it's a comfortable snug feeling, the Kobe 7s on the other hand feels like they are cutting off blood circulation to the foot. If these were performance monsters like in the past, no doubt they would be selling much better
I agree with you partly, The initial wear of this shoe was quit a pain in the @ss but now i finally broke in my cloaks (the sharks were already a comfortable fit)   I played ball in the 6s and yes they were comfortable wearing but cutting and stopping and turning wasn't as good imo.   But 6s are comfortable in all other aspects and still good to play a casual game in.   The 7s so far seem more stable with cutting, stopping turns. 
But I guess each persons foot is different, I know people with wide feet are saying they're having trouble with it, fortunately I don't so I'm thankful for that.
As much as I love the CW on the 6s, the CWs on the 7s are just as good if not better.. I'm absolutely loving the sharks, cloaks I have.. AS also. .
6s I now use for the gym and casual.

Originally Posted by Limitless

Those orange blaze kobes are on fire!!! ...got a similar pair of IDs on the way, but with icy soles.

Heres another custom NikeID I came up with.  Made these because I slept hard on the last ones...

More pics to come in the ID thread soon.

Dope ids..

^^ Agree with you both, Tdogg and gameupz, both make good points. I played with my dukes yesterday and my left foot was killing me, pivot foot. Felt like the circulation was being cut from my foot. Shoe felt too snug and not in a good way. I wear elite socks to play and this shoe feels like a 10, half sz down. After the first game had to switch up to my Kentucky's. Do you guys play with thinner socks? And how many wears before they break in? As of now, really not happy with the comfort of these VII's...

having a tough time deciding if i should get the elites or the playoff 12s. will definitely be a gametime decision though i'm leaning more towards elites.

Back
Top Bottom