The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah for Brunson personally, the taxes are a big deal.

As for the contract relating to the salary cap & team building, a non All Star level player is going to get $25M/year. Is it a 'better' contract if the Mavs pays it as opposed to the Knicks (or any other team) or are Dallas' hands tied because they have to compete while Luka is in his prime?

Or is it both a bad contract & they have no choice but to pay it?
Think it’s unquestionably better to just be able to outright pay him on an already good roster rather than have to offload a ton of assets and then pay him and still be stuck into the cap.

He’s going to be overpaid probably regardless. A ton of guys are. But having to shell out assets for the right to do it when you’re already a bad team is goofy.

289226998_5998326800195794_1944446013057842367_n.jpg

I know there’s a w thread but I don’t feel like searching for it. This is wild tho

it is kinda ironic that the quote is actually from an article about a gay, black woman that is/was an mvp in the wnba…ultimately tho, while i can understand the frustration and/or feeling a way about, the reaction doesn’t really help push the woman’s game forward…

ideally sport would reward the ‘best’ players but marketability is a real thing, could be a chicken v. egg situation (or an even closer parallel, an ai in the late 90s/early aughts type circumstance) but i don’t know that you can necessarily blame the league for pushing what/who they think will appeal to the mass market

Just seen a Twitter post how BG is an honorary all star. I was like all star? Didnt the season just start. I didnt know its basically a summer league from May to August.

aja Wilson should be the face of the league. She checks every box but they are still trotting out sue bird no disrespect to her greatness. Skylar diggins should be bigger too
This. They could do so many things better but the player marketing is the worst of it.
Just seen a Twitter post how BG is an honorary all star. I was like all star? Didnt the season just start. I didnt know its basically a summer league from May to August.
Got your daily "ha ha women's sports" comment out of the way early I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom