The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Hello guys! Great images here as always! I'm kind of new here but I've been lurking around since the mid-2000s to check out a lot of shoes I couldn't afford, and I finally decided to create an account haha. A lowdown of myself, I'm a sports photographer based in Boston but I gained all my experience back in the Philippines. I'd like to know if you guys can provide me tips or anything to help me out. Any help is GREATLY appreciated! You can all check my stuff on IG @_jimcampos and Behance page https://www.behance.net/jaimecampoa83b

Keep all the great images flowing! :smile:
_JC75103.jpg
_JC49810.jpg
12792129_10206220919542151_1216217357184342300_o.jpg
_JC43785.jpg
_JC41194 (2).jpg
_JC44558.jpg

Cool but a lot of color inconsistencies and on the last picture the armpit looks butchered ... did you try to retouch it
Thanks for the constructive criticism bro, always room to learn and grow. Please elaborate on the "color inconsistencies" and yes I tried to retouch her armpit area.

Finally did the plunge and purchased and Squarespace site. So going to be able to post stuff on here again. I used to save files a 100% time as PNG files cause there'd be no lossless in quality but going to try and just bite my tongue down and do it all in JPG. Still have a lot of sorting out on my new website but if anyone wants to check it out, peep the sig. Pretty much everything I post on IG but in better quality.

looks good Fong

my only critique would be since im on a 15inch screen the photos are large to the point the black top header gets in the way since its fixed at the top of the screen

if you can make it so the header scrolls up with the rest of the screen or size down the photos it would be way better

if you're on a desktop its probably not an issue but thought id let you know how it looks from my end

nice job overall.

Last edited:
Thanks for the constructive criticism bro, always room to learn and grow. Please elaborate on the "color inconsistencies" and yes I tried to retouch her armpit area.
When I say color inconsistencies I mean you have to much red on the tones and with the shadows and harsh lighting, well it's not pleasing to my eyes. For example that last image, you have the flash tone, a redish tone when the shadow trandsition to highlights in the forehead, the shadow tones a weird tone around the cheek and an orange tone on the nose.

You can also see a big tone change on the right hand side by her breast to shoulder.

looks good Fong

my only critique would be since im on a 15inch screen the photos are large to the point the black top header gets in the way since its fixed at the top of the screen

if you can make it so the header scrolls up with the rest of the screen or size down the photos it would be way better

if you're on a desktop its probably not an issue but thought id let you know how it looks from my end

nice job overall.

Oh nice man. Thanks for the heads up. I actually just checked this on my work laptop and totally see what you are talking about. What sucks though is this template is pretty much untouchable as far as fixing those problems. Maybe there is something I am missing.

I guess I am happy I waited to get a DJI drone. This is the new one being announced at the end of the month. Smaller than the Mavic too and with a good camera.

• 32MP camera with a panorama mode (I’m guessing the drone spins, not the camera).
  • 4K video (Drone DJ believes at up to 60fps)
  • 3-axis gimbal
  • Folding legs for a teeny tiny package in transport
  • Obstacle avoidance front, rear and below
  • Visual Positioning System (VPS) for better hovering and indoor flying
  • Gesture control
  • 21 minute flight time
  • Compatible with DJI Goggles
  • Available in multiple colors (at least white, “Black” and red, so far).

Read more: https://photorumors.com/2018/01/22/...e-leaked-ahead-of-announcement/#ixzz54wiRHV1v

DJI-Mavic-Air-drone-550x403.jpg

DJI-Mavic-Air-drone6.jpg

I guess I am happy I waited to get a DJI drone. This is the new one being announced at the end of the month. Smaller than the Mavic too and with a good camera.

• 32MP camera with a panorama mode (I’m guessing the drone spins, not the camera).
  • 4K video (Drone DJ believes at up to 60fps)
  • 3-axis gimbal
  • Folding legs for a teeny tiny package in transport
  • Obstacle avoidance front, rear and below
  • Visual Positioning System (VPS) for better hovering and indoor flying
  • Gesture control
  • 21 minute flight time
  • Compatible with DJI Goggles
  • Available in multiple colors (at least white, “Black” and red, so far).
Read more: https://photorumors.com/2018/01/22/...e-leaked-ahead-of-announcement/#ixzz54wiRHV1v

:wow:

Just saw it in my email they're announcing it tomorrow

the remote for my phantom 4 went down after doing the firmware update a while back. went to my local dji flagship and they couldn't do anything :smh: ill most likely have to buy a new remote
if that's the case I might just sell the drone w/batteries and size down to the new one or wait until the 5

^^^^I'd probably do that too but I do think it's interesting they didn't revamp the Mavic Pro and made a totally different model. My only concern on the Air is the weight of it and how the drone handles in windy conditions. I guess shooting photos in wind in general is a bad idea but this thing looks like mellow winds can cause it to have a bad flight.

^^^^I'd probably do that too but I do think it's interesting they didn't revamp the Mavic Pro and made a totally different model. My only concern on the Air is the weight of it and how the drone handles in windy conditions. I guess shooting photos in wind in general is a bad idea but this thing looks like mellow winds can cause it to have a bad flight.

Wait on the Mavic 2. It's supposed to be out sometime around April. Rumor has it that it will have the 1" sensor off the Phantom. I wouldn't be surprised to see 4k 60 out of it too.

^^^Yeah, you are right. I guess I got all excited from the 32mp camera that I didn't notice it was for panoramic mode only. The Air only seems like a polished version of the Spark. I'll wait for the Mavic 2 then. I am literally only in for the drone for photo purposes.

^^^Yeah, you are right. I guess I got all excited from the 32mp camera that I didn't notice it was for panoramic mode only. The Air only seems like a polished version of the Spark. I'll wait for the Mavic 2 then. I am literally only in for the drone for photo purposes.

Yeah the Air seems great if you're looking to get into the drone game but it (and the Mavic for that matter) doesn't touch the Phantom 4 in image quality. You put that sensor on the Mavic so it has a great combination of image quality and portability and I'm sold.

Rumor is the Phantom 5 will have changeable lenses and 6 direction avoidance.

Yeah the Air seems great if you're looking to get into the drone game but it (and the Mavic for that matter) doesn't touch the Phantom 4 in image quality. You put that sensor on the Mavic so it has a great combination of image quality and portability and I'm sold.

#jheeeeeeez the mavic air is tiny! very impressive...but honestly if your in it to get pictures rather than video, spend the extra coin on a phantom 4 pro or advanced...it will just be way more flexible for photography (of course video as well, but the difference can be less obvious in video), it make more sense to wait on the phantom 5, and then hop on one of the discounted 4 models...the smaller models with their smaller sensors are attractive because of their portability but given the regulations around drones i think it is pretty difficult to spontaneously decide to get pictures; you almost certainly will have to plan ahead and if thats the case rocking with the current phantom series for more latitude with images makes a lot of sense...

i wonder what, if there even will be a refresh, a mavic pro 2 might have? it's definitely a wrap for the current mavic now with the mavic air being kinda a better buy in every way than the mavic pro (except for flight time and smaller range i think) a bigger sensor?

that would be dope, kinda surprised dji or no other supplier hasn't made lens accessories that change the focal length with screw on filters to this point...while obstacle avoidance in great in theory and when it works, but it isn't super reliable yet and it also is necessarily super aggressive when intrudes, which again when it works and actually is avoiding an obstacle is kinda amazing but at least for me, it often has false reads, it be great if that could be really fine tuned...

i wonder what, if there even will be a refresh, a mavic pro 2 might have? it's definitely a wrap for the current mavic now with the mavic air being kinda a better buy in every way than the mavic pro (except for flight time and smaller range i think) a bigger sensor?

that would be dope, kinda surprised dji or no other supplier hasn't made lens accessories that change the focal length with screw on filters to this point...while obstacle avoidance in great in theory and when it works, but it isn't super reliable yet and it also is necessarily super aggressive when intrudes, which again when it works and actually is avoiding an obstacle is kinda amazing but at least for me, it often has false reads, it be great if that could be really fine tuned...

The Mavic 2 is reportedly getting the 1" sensor off the Phantom 4 and a little more flight time. It would make sense to see the Spark, Air, Mavic 2, Phantom 5, and Inspire 3. You'll have $399, $699, $999, $1499, and $2999+. You would have a full range of products. To me the Mavic 2 would be right in the sweet spot.

Still uploading more stuff and editing things for my site. I posted this on IG but here is the full res. I wish that bight light in the back wasn't there but no real hiding it.

Barcelona+1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom