The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Nice shots as always bros!

Anyway, I've been shooting spring sports lately. Planning to build a stronger portfolio for news agencies in the future :lol:

Pluggin the gram: @_jimcampos :D

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_1008.JPG

Nice shots as always bros!

Anyway, I've been shooting spring sports lately. Planning to build a stronger portfolio for news agencies in the future :lol:

Pluggin the gram: @_jimcampos :D

IMG_0749.JPG

IMG_0823.JPG

IMG_0839.JPG

Snapseed.jpg

IMG_1008.JPG

Not sure if it's the upload, but you need to lower your ISO. Like a lot. So much noise.

Not sure if it's the upload, but you need to lower your ISO. Like a lot. So much noise.

Yeah, it's the upload (though I went on crop mode for the baseball shot and it's also because of the poor lighting) and I sometimes edit my pics on my phone. I don't necessarily maximize the quality of my pics especially on social media. Idk why :lol:

I only shoot casually and have never shot actual people before. Recently though, I just shot some graduation photos for a friend for the first time. Since it was a friend, it was pretty low pressure and he was doing a more formal one later with a professional.

Some things I learned after reviewing the photos:

1. Wow, I didn't realize how much one pimple can effect how a person looks lmao. Using that heal brush makes someone look so much better.
2. We shot in a few locations (all outdoors) and some of the photos really highlight every wrinkle, blemish, and flaw on his face while others he looks a lot better. I'm not sure what I should look out for in situations like this to know whether it's good lighting or bad. I figured since it was pretty sunny outside, flaws would be washed out rather than highlighted. I'm shooting with an A7R2 and a sharp prime so that sharpness might be making the flaws even more apparent.
3. I want to get to a point where I make people look better than they do, but I think 90% of the shots I took are the opposite and are pretty unflattering in their raw form. Was only able to send him a few good ones after shooting for like 45 minutes. Kind of disappointing. Shooting people is difficult, but good learning experience.
4. Everything looked great if I put some film preset on it. It washed out the imperfections in the raw due to me not setting up the shot right. Would rather not have to rely on that though. Not sure if that's just maybe how it is with portraits. I noticed a lot of other graduation shots I've seen seem to have film/vsco presets on them.

I try not to "fix" people's imperfections without them asking specifically because you never know how they feel about them. If a person has accepted their flaws and you remove them they may feel insulted or slighted.

Tested my A7iii with the 85mm 1.8 at the caps parade. I love this thing.

Not sure how to use flickr yet, bare with me.

How are you uploading onto flickr? I've been trying to upload for 2 months now and keep getting the same damn file error problem. Pissing me the F off.

Back
Top Bottom