The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Thanks.

I probably should have clarified that I've been looking in the used market, so that $1000 could probably stretch a little further. I've considered the X-T2, 6Dmkii, D500 and a few others. Just looking for a really good "do it all" type of body. Everything camera seems to have shortcomings, no matter the price range. I would just like something newish that's pretty versatile. Like I could take it to a nephew's basketball game, cruise the city or go hiking and get quality shots.

I think the Sony A7III is a good camera that is a do it all for a decent budget. It's about a $1000 more than what you are looking for but the way I look at it, it can do almost everything and would last you longer than most cameras out there. I think a Nikon D810 is a really good start too and can do most everything and about a $1000 used. The Canon 6DMark2 is crap so don't get that. The D500 is cool but a crop frame. I am not partial to Fuji systems so I am just not sure about those cameras.

I dabble with photography, or so i thought, until i started actually paying attention to photographers work. My coworker it into it and has some amazing work. He is building his portfolio and i did a shoot with him and the few pics I've seen are amazing. He showed me a few untouched ones on his phone today and i can't wait for him to send them over.

These are all captured on my iPhone. What’s a good camera affordable camera out here for a bigger?
7DD1A8FA-4D99-4364-97DD-4BAF7CD2937E.jpeg
9162A27C-22BF-446B-BDA6-AF5660C2BE88.jpeg
18FAA684-2B21-4588-9B97-A92D6B364629.jpeg
162831CE-7224-49B0-819A-220A547B0F06.jpeg
790A4956-D401-464A-81FE-B0015CD8F750.jpeg

I’m about to buy a lens for my A7Riii but I’m stuck between the 24mm 1.4f G Master Prime or the 24-105 4f G. I usually eff with primes but I like the versatility of that 24-105...a pretty nice focal length range. But that 24 1.4 is a G Master which is Sony’s best and at 1.4 that’s a pretty fast lens that’s super sharp and going to do wonders in lowlight (club/lounge settings).

BTW, you don’t necessarily need any of the A7Sx series of FF Sonys for lowlight, just learn the Picture Profile settings and how to adjust the Gamma and the Knee slope and you can dang near match the performance of an A7Sx with your A7Riii plus have all the benefits of a large 40+MP Sensor.

Decided on the 24mm f/1.4 G Master Prime. I love fast wide open lenses and I like wide angle as well. Just that you’re going to pay a pretty penny to have both wide and fast. ‍♂️. Also since my Cam has an APS-C mode (Super 35mm for video) it basically makes the lens a 36mm albeit with a reduced resolution of 18MP. If I did wedding photography I’d go for the 24-105 either in the f/4 or f/2.8 version, but I don’t. I’ll post sample images after I cop this week bros.

67774E2C-7811-4BA9-A98A-58067B016351.jpeg

This image sold me on it. Same setup as I run with the A7Riii . Exif data for this is 1/320, f/1.6, ISO 2000. Even with pixel peeping on my 5k screen it’s tack sharp. Low light performance phenomenal. Bokeh is cool even though I see a few onion balls, but that’s on a 5k screen. I.cannot.wait.to.cop! Got some dope projects ahead.

^ what camera are you using?

I have a Nikon AF600, Olympus Stylus Epic, and I pick up fuji disposables every now and then. I want a big mini but prices are stupid now.

^Nikon FE or a N2000

Switched from porta 400 to fuji Superia 400 a while back. Iys more expensive film but its worth it.

^the sensor I believe is still APS-C

Haha bro, I did that on purpose in order to educate. Full Frame for video is different than for photography. Super 35mm which is extremely close to APS-C is full frame for film/video. It all derives from when film was still used. The physical size of film was 35mm for both photography and video, just that video used some of that space for the audio track therefore making slightly less usable space. The top true video cameras like the Reds and Arri shoot in the Super 35 format. Even my high end cinema drone with the 6KRAW sensor uses the Super 35 format.

It really doesn’t matter, it’s just good to know bro.

Ah okay I remember reading something about people doing super 35mm mode in Sonys full frame camera so they can use E mount lenses

I’m in the market for a camera bag. I sold my peak design sling so I’m not sure if to get that again, I’d like something similar. I already have a backpack. Can you guys recommend me something. My price limit is around $150.

Back
Top Bottom