60BDB410-523C-4305-9D14-F7209FF489B8.jpeg
    434.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 211E8A2B-39C8-48F7-AFDC-0EBBB3AE657F.jpeg
    211E8A2B-39C8-48F7-AFDC-0EBBB3AE657F.jpeg
    437.1 KB · Views: 36
  • CCB4D359-48AD-4913-9822-8ECC804E29C7.jpeg
    CCB4D359-48AD-4913-9822-8ECC804E29C7.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 38
anyone know any good forums for leica? i just copped an sl2-s a week ago. looking forward to start shooting video of my kids.

anyone know any good forums for leica? i just copped an sl2-s a week ago. looking forward to start shooting video of my kids.

That is a real interesting camera to buy. Why get the SL2-S for video when there are so many other better video cameras for a better price? By the end of it, it's a really cool camera but not a choice by the majority out there.

I will say I still geek out when I see Leicas in the public. I saw one yesterday at a kids park with some dad while I had my Fuji XT-3. I am not even a Leica nut but I know those cameras produce some really cool images.

So I was recently approached to shoot a graduation from a friends mom. She said it’s 90 kids and they’d need just one shot per kid. I’ve never done a shoot this big so I was wondering how much would someone here charge for that.

Got a Sony mirrorless a few months ago. Haven’t really had time to play around with things yet. Still learning Lightroom. It’s fun though. Looking forward to knowing what the hell im doing :lol:

first day using it, I had the wrong setting and all my pics were out of focus. I’m overwhelmed at the moment trying to learn about how to read and use proper lighting. Editing is a whole bother beast.

All the color adjustments, aperture, shutter speed, etc it’s confusing at first but I’m sure it gets easier with practice and studying. I’m here for all the nuggets of info I can get.

Got a Sony mirrorless a few months ago. Haven’t really had time to play around with things yet. Still learning Lightroom. It’s fun though. Looking forward to knowing what the hell im doing :lol:

first day using it, I had the wrong setting and all my pics were out of focus. I’m overwhelmed at the moment trying to learn about how to read and use proper lighting. Editing is a whole bother beast.

All the color adjustments, aperture, shutter speed, etc it’s confusing at first but I’m sure it gets easier with practice and studying. I’m here for all the nuggets of info I can get.

Id honestly not worry about the editing much at the moment. Best way to learn is to tinker with it as much as you can taking basic pictures with a bunch of different lighting scenes. Open them up on the computer and see what worked and didn’t. Look at the histogram on the camera after you’ve taken the photo (or during if it has that feature), and make sure you haven’t clipped the highlights or darks. Also, I would say it’s a lot harder to recover the highlights than it is the shadows.... so sometimes underexposing the overall picture to keep the nightlights is a good idea.

So I was recently approached to shoot a graduation from a friends mom. She said it’s 90 kids and they’d need just one shot per kid. I’ve never done a shoot this big so I was wondering how much would someone here charge for that.

Id charge 5k. I know its a whole week and a half later, curious how did this pan out?

definitely gets easier as you get more familiar with the camera, using the auto modes like aperture & shutter priority can help simplify things as well

Fong$tarr Fong$tarr what lens did you use on the helicopter ride?
Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 with vibration control. Everyone says go wide but it just depends on the look you are going for and your helicopter experience. If you shoot wide, have the pilot (if you can) get in close to your subjects. If you know you aren't going to get close, I would say use a 24-70mm lens. Gives you some versatility in going sort of wide and sort of narrow. I still don't think a 24mm is wide enough so if you do want wide angle shots, go the widest cause it looks better imo. If you have the capability, try and bring two cameras with two lenses with one wide and one long. That way you have all ranges covered but I would assume having two cameras can be crazy to shoot with in a helicopter with no doors on.

Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 with vibration control. Everyone says go wide but it just depends on the look you are going for and your helicopter experience. If you shoot wide, have the pilot (if you can) get in close to your subjects. If you know you aren't going to get close, I would say use a 24-70mm lens. Gives you some versatility in going sort of wide and sort of narrow. I still don't think a 24mm is wide enough so if you do want wide angle shots, go the widest cause it looks better imo. If you have the capability, try and bring two cameras with two lenses with one wide and one long. That way you have all ranges covered but I would assume having two cameras can be crazy to shoot with in a helicopter with no doors on.

Nicd. I have the tamron 17-28 and the tamron 28-75. I always struggle on which to use so I always go with the 28-75 which is what I used on my NY helicopter ride. Going to force myself to use the 17-28 this weekend.

Bought these specifically because I am a huge retro video game nerd and the nostalgia matched perfectly with these modern kicks. Getting ready to sell these on eBay and include a 10x10 Giclee Print for the buyer. Let me know what ya'll think- I am open to any and all feedback. Just for reference, I shot this in my garage with foam board, a single light, and the Sony A6600 w/ Sigma 30 1.4. Much love, NT.

_DSC6353.jpg

_DSC6402.jpg
_DSC6384.jpg
_DSC6380.jpg
_DSC6372.jpg
_DSC6425.jpg
\

Attachments

• _DSC6353.jpg
    _DSC6353.jpg
    363.7 KB · Views: 84
Last edited: