The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Anyone watch GrainyDays on YouTube? Seems like someone made some new Aerochrome film or found a way to process it somehow. If they do release this film stock, it’s going to be all over Instagram like crazy.

I would doubt it's new stock, prob some **** he found on the secondary market or some old stash. I think it'd be pretty big news if it was coming back.

As for all over instagram like crazy, I think that's a good thing. I'd want a roll to shoot, too.

I would doubt it's new stock, prob some **** he found on the secondary market or some old stash. I think it'd be pretty big news if it was coming back.

As for all over instagram like crazy, I think that's a good thing. I'd want a roll to shoot, too.
One of his videos, he ends it with a cliff hanger saying he is using a film that is a “cheap copycat recipe of Aerochrome that is in its final stages of testing”. There’s even a whole subreddit about this with speculations on how this could be done. Even if it is $20 a roll, that is way better than $250 a roll that I saw on eBay.

Portra scans back from the shop today. Got a 5 pack for xmas, so this roll was to see what light and conditions would be best before taking more for some upcoming travels. A few faves:

52674059734_38478cb4d2_h.jpg

52673766426_921f78e7a7_h.jpg

52673766166_38caae3083_h.jpg

52674207680_35e72f9958_h.jpg

And the rest of the roll here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/108734748@N03/

One of his videos, he ends it with a cliff hanger saying he is using a film that is a “cheap copycat recipe of Aerochrome that is in its final stages of testing”. There’s even a whole subreddit about this with speculations on how this could be done. Even if it is $20 a roll, that is way better than $250 a roll that I saw on eBay.
I watch his channel, so far thats the only one i can stomach besides Japanese camera hunter . I wouldnt mind shooting aerochrome but as i dont take pictures of nature i might not have much use for it.

I watch his channel, so far thats the only one i can stomach besides Japanese camera hunter . I wouldnt mind shooting aerochrome but as i dont take pictures of nature i might not have much use for it.
I do like GrainyDays and of course Bad Flashes youtube channel cause they travel together. I do watch Vuhlandes and William Veerbeek but their videos can be hit and miss sometimes. I think it also has to do with me sort of knowing film photography now cause when I didn't, I thought all those videos were fascinating.

NT photographers, anyone know of a good editing alternative to Lightroom?

my laptop is crapping out on me so I'm in the market for a new one, however the problem is that Lightroom is on it but I no longer have the install disk. I don't mind paying a one-time fee for software, I just don't want to pay for adobe's monthly subscription to access LR. kinda sucks that they've transitioned to that.

NT photographers, anyone know of a good editing alternative to Lightroom?

my laptop is crapping out on me so I'm in the market for a new one, however the problem is that Lightroom is on it but I no longer have the install disk. I don't mind paying a one-time fee for software, I just don't want to pay for adobe's monthly subscription to access LR. kinda sucks that they've transitioned to that.

maybe try capture 1? but i don’t know if it too has moved to subscription, or maybe the nik tools if it’s still available?

maybe try capture 1? but i don’t know if it too has moved to subscription, or maybe the nik tools if it’s still available?

appreciate it family. will try out their 30 day trial. they still offer the option to buy their licensed software

as a casual photographer, i’m not comfortable paying $10+ a month for something i may use infrequently

Got my first roll of Cinestill 800T back from my local lab. Took some time figuring out how to do long exposures with the RB67 (messed up two rolls before hand) but I finally got the hang of it. Fun film stock. I get where the hype is and people wanting to chase neon and fluorescent lights with the halations. I do wish I shot at more sunset and with someone in the picture to give it scale.

^^^You sort of need to flip things with film meaning if you over expose, the highlights tend to retain a lot of info and with digital, the darks retain a lot of info. I find most of my film scans to be really flat in nature. I always boost the contrast a little and even increase saturation.

Got my first roll of Cinestill 800T back from my local lab. Took some time figuring out how to do long exposures with the RB67 (messed up two rolls before hand) but I finally got the hang of it. Fun film stock. I get where the hype is and people wanting to chase neon and fluorescent lights with the halations. I do wish I shot at more sunset and with someone in the picture to give it scale.

Thats dope man ,glad to see you got it going.

What was your process for it? Did you use the cable with the dual hook ups?

Thats dope man ,glad to see you got it going.

What was your process for it? Did you use the cable with the dual hook ups?
I used two cables with one at the shutter and one on the lens. I just put the camera in mirror lock up and fire the shutter first and then the lens after. Helps with camera shake a lot without the mirror slap.

I shot 4 rolls of 120 film on the RB67 yesterday. The first roll I forgot to rotate the back but composed all my photos vertical when it was horizontal. A waste of film. 2nd roll I metered as 200 ISO when it should have been 400. Also shot two photos with the lens cap on. Very unrewarding experience at times. Need to make a checklist.

Ouch. We’ve all done that - but on film that is obviously extra painful.
My first time doing that and probably won’t be my last. Just hate how it was 120mm film and not 35mm.

Anyone seeing this new trend in buying old digital point and shoot cameras with like 10 megapixels? Supposedly the low MP as well as the sensor gives off a crappy almost film looking digital photo.

andretti andretti ........for whatever reason I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this questions so wondering if you knew. When I was shooting with my RB67, I change my lenses to get different compositions. Do I need a dark slide inserted before I change lenses? Or is the film still being blocked since the mirror did not move?

andretti andretti ........for whatever reason I can't seem to get a definitive answer on this questions so wondering if you knew. When I was shooting with my RB67, I change my lenses to get different compositions. Do I need a dark slide inserted before I change lenses? Or is the film still being blocked since the mirror did not move?
Its been a while since i used mine but iirc ,in order for the lens to be released you have to lock up the mirror so i would put the dark slide in just in case.

The rb is sometimes like the gun that jams because you forgot something you didnt adjust :lol: . Im just now getting all my pictures developed that i shot in California so im expecting to get some blank rolls because i know I screwed up in some way.

Its been a while since i used mine but iirc ,in order for the lens to be released you have to lock up the mirror so i would put the dark slide in just in case.

The rb is sometimes like the gun that jams because you forgot something you didnt adjust :lol: . Im just now getting all my pictures developed that i shot in California so im expecting to get some blank rolls because i know I screwed up in some way.

I guess I'll find out the hard way. I did look at my last roll from my RB 67 and I did have a blank shot and I have no idea why. I think I literally have to make a checklist of what to do when I shoot. There is even this inside chance that I didn't advance the film on one of my shots. So dumb.

I guess I'll find out the hard way. I did look at my last roll from my RB 67 and I did have a blank shot and I have no idea why. I think I literally have to make a checklist of what to do when I shoot. There is even this inside chance that I didn't advance the film on one of my shots. So dumb.
11C575E3-C593-4C76-9936-30EC03C483D7.jpeg
E0453A3E-AC91-434C-90DF-17C5A4DD74F4.jpeg
67D6A3CA-3292-42FA-8A72-0B3EA431118D.jpeg

All my screw ups so far with the rb along with about 3-4 blank rolls. Even on my c330 i got some blank rolls back but i put some thought into it and i may have loaded the cameras wrong.

Back
Top Bottom