The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I've missed you guys. I'm happy to see everyone getting into shooting and people progressing. Always a good thing :smile:

^ i come across mamiya lenses pretty often on my local craiglist, but haven't been able to get one for the low, as i can't really see using such large medium format lenses on my rather small camera(s) but i've been curious about how they'd render images paired with modern sensor tech...

recents:

color theory by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

old glory by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

soho's favorite bulb by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

open invitation by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

concrete, glass, & steel by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

#unrelatedbutrelated been through a few scares with this thing since i got it a few months ago but it is so sweet getting to the world this perspective, a short uneventful vid i made:

dope **** as always :pimp:

Portrait photography isn't really my thing, but I had some fun shooting an engagement pt. 2 shoot for my God-sister a while back.

Some of your best shots aren't planned and they just happen by by chance.

GBRL8169.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

GBRL8104.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

GBRL8191.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

GBRL8188.jpg by gbrldz, on Flickr

these came out great

What lens is everyone shooting with?

I'm trying to upgrade, but people lowballing on CL is ridiculous.

I have 50mm 1.4, 24-105 L, and 10-22 wide angle...Looking for a new lens to pair with the 6D.

I have 50mm 1.4, 24-105 L, and 10-22 wide angle...Looking for a new lens to pair with the 6D.
right now all I have is the 50mm 1.4 for my D610

My next purchase will probably be the 85mm 1.8 or 1.4. I've also considered getting the 24-70mm 2.8 but that price tho....

If I were to upgrade from those. I would go with the new 16-35 f/4L IS USM and either the 50 ART or even 50L if it was still within my budget.

If I were to upgrade from those. I would go with the new 16-35 f/4L IS USM and either the 50 ART or even 50L if it was still within my budget.
Was looking at the 16-35, or either the 24mm.

Mostly use my 17-50 2.8.

I have a 50mm 1.8 which I'll use sometimes, but using it on a crop cam sucks.

i have 24-120 3.5, 70-210 4, and a 50 1.8 and the 70 is my fave to use. gotta get a new wide angle lens soon. been checking some cheap old ones on amazon for a while

Nikon 50mm f/1.4 

Nikon 16-35mm f/4

Sigma 85mm f/1.4

Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8

Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8

Nikon D810

*High Five*

D810 club. Members only 
nthat.gif

you have a flickr account? wanna check out your photos using those lenses

In all honesty, I have a flicker but it literally has nothing on it. My IG is where I usually post (@jabbarwhitephoto). I also have my website but that hasn't been updated in a while and has pictures uploaded as placeholders but you can check it out (jabbarwhitephoto.com).

Last edited:
Does megapixels matter on a SDLR?

I see there is a deal for a D7000 at the moment on best buy but it has less megapixels than my 5300.

Does megapixels matter on a SDLR?

I see there is a deal for a D7000 at the moment on best buy but it has less megapixels than my 5300.

Depends on what you use it for. In your case... probably not. The more megapixels you have, the bigger your file is and the bigger you can print it because there is more detail in the image.

Back
Top Bottom