The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Nice Adobo. I was just there and didn't get a whole lot of photos for whatever reason. Cool city though with tons of things to shoot but just didn't get in that zone to shoot and have fun at the same time.

Messed around with light trails for the first time the other night.. Had to rush, some sketchy dudes were lurking
laugh.gif

How do you get trails like that?
Long exposures.
^^

Pretty much.. 15 second exposure on the overpass by my crib. Gonna go back out later this week and mess around with other exposures

Sutro Bath is just perfect for sunset photos. I don't think I ever get tired of that place.

WORD. Your shots have always been an inspiration for me Fong...so I continue to get out and keep shootin' to try to get on your level.

I had to rush to get there last night, hella forgot my tripod and barely made it to get a few snaps.

WORD. Your shots have always been an inspiration for me Fong...so I continue to get out and keep shootin' to try to get on your level.

I had to rush to get there last night, hella forgot my tripod and barely made it to get a few snaps.

Thanks dude. Your stuff is dope too. But give it a couple of months cause after daylight savings, the sun will be out longer and easier to make it for sundown.

southcitydon southcitydon Did you use an ND filter for the first 2 shots?

Saw my rep count go up and I was like what the heck did I post? lol...Glad you guys liked the 458 picture. Starting off the new year strong! lol

Last edited:
Learning a lot lurking this thread. I've always felt like I had an eye for shooting but just recently got a DSLR so I look forward to applying some things I've picked on here to shooting with it.

Dope stuff guys, last few pages have been fire too :pimp:

Are there any advantages of having a full frame camera vs a crop?

Sensor is bigger. Allows for more shallow depth of field. A lot better low light performance. I wouldn't exactly say sharper images because that all depends on your glass. It also means if something is out of focus, you'll definitely see it. If you have a full frame lens, you get full use of that lens rather than a full frame lens on a cropped body. Also, broader dynamic range. Basically, you can achieve better image quality.

I'm noticing that my kitchen really is about to be my photography studio lol my fiace does hair so now we have a lil routine where she does the hair and I take the pics for her IG/FB

Need to get my flash kit and bring out more detail in the shots but it's actually a nice neutral layout

I remember someone posting some site that has you pick if a photo is shot on a full frame, crop or point and shoot. The website was a little faulty though cause they'd have a full frame shoot with a crappy lens and another one with a crop with a good lens. It should really be all shot with the same lens or something more equivalent but even though, I still can guess when something is shot on a crop or a full frame.

Sensor is bigger. Allows for more shallow depth of field. A lot better low light performance. I wouldn't exactly say sharper images because that all depends on your glass. It also means if something is out of focus, you'll definitely see it. If you have a full frame lens, you get full use of that lens rather than a full frame lens on a cropped body. Also, broader dynamic range. Basically, you can achieve better image quality.

That explains the price difference

Shooting at f/1.4 on a cropped senor will not get you the same look as with shooing f/1.4 on a full frame sensor.

f/1.4 on a cropped would be the same as f/2.1 on full. That's why full frame photos shot at f/1.4 look so much more buttery than they do with a cropped sensor at f/1.4.

Shooting at f/1.4 on a cropped senor will not get you the same look as with shooing f/1.4 on a full frame sensor.

f/1.4 on a cropped would be the same as f/2.1 on full. That's why full frame photos shot at f/1.4 look so much more buttery than they do with a cropped sensor at f/1.4.

Now you know.....I honestly never knew that to that degree.

Back
Top Bottom