The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

This is a quick edit I did of another friend. Still trying to get the skin to look as good as some of you guys!

So I was test shooting with this chick and she used the image for a club flyer. Good thing I didnt edit the pics. Sheesh

New Megapixel king in town. Nikon eat your heart out.

Canon 5DS

50.6MP full frame CMOS sensor
5DS R has the low pass filter removed
Magnesium Alloy Body
Dust and weather sealed
Dual DIGIC6 processor
ISO Range of 100-6400
5FPS continuous shooting
High precision 61-point AF
EOS Itr AF
“fine detail” added to the Picture Styles
1.3x and 1.6x crop shooting mode
Customizable “Quick Control screen”
Time-lapse movie
Anti-flicker
Interval Timer
Bulb timer

ISO sucks but Canon Rumors says the Mark IV will be geared towards low light shooting. This seems more for commercial use from what I can see. At least printing photos in a large scale won't be an issue. Never thought I'd see the day that we have a camera that can produce files that can print 24X36 posters with ease.

^^^Seriously. Can you even imagine the RAW files size? You literally need a high powered computer to even edit these damn photos. There'd be so much extra spending just on computer equipment alone for this camera with external hard drives and even RAM for your computer. I wonder what the retail price is going to be. I'd imagine at least $4,000 for the camera.

^^^It's really for print use if any. I mean you can use it in the digital sense too and like crop images down and not even have a zoom lens if the picture is clear enough. But even your average camera with +20MP have issue sprinting 24X36 posters at 300DPI. I believe a 36MP is where printing that big comes in handy. This 50MP camera will do wonders for that in just having a tack sharp print at such a large size and can go even bigger than your average poster. But people that are into print will tell you that all large printed photos all lose resolution to a degree anyways. This just sort of changed the game for the most part.

Any of you guys hear of Fyuse? My cousin has been telling me it's the new Instagram. "Spatial photography" seems like a cool concept. From what I've read it reminds me of Google's photospheres or "Surround Shot" on Samsung's Galaxy line. Gonna have to look into it more when I get off the train.

connect.dpreview.com/post/0150037827/fyuse-wants-to-revolutionize-photography-with-surround-view-images

Last edited:
New Megapixel king in town. Nikon eat your heart out.

ISO sucks but Canon Rumors says the Mark IV will be geared towards low light shooting. This seems more for commercial use from what I can see. At least printing photos in a large scale won't be an issue. Never thought I'd see the day that we have a camera that can produce files that can print 24X36 posters with ease.
Any idea what the price may be? :nerd:

@mjbetch  Nah, I was there this past Wednesday.  Wasn't too crowded.

@yanky  Thanks, fam.  Was using the Sigma 15mm for the WA and the Sigma 35mm for the tight shots.  Borrowed both from a friend.  

Re edit of this post....for some reason these black/whites looked terrible after uploading them to photobucket

Last edited:
^^^^^^I don't know that many people that have it but from what I hear, the Canon 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 is supposed to be a really good budget wide angle for only $300. It's pretty slow though but it'd be used for landscapes and long exposures. I always recommend the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 too but you'd have to spend a tad bit more for it. There is the 24mm pancake too that is affordable too.
Ordered the 24mm pancake......Amazon Prime FTW, should receive it tomorrow. Have some business to take care of in Manhattan tomorrow. Might hit Central Park to shoot a bit, despite the terrible weather here in NY (Honestly Ive been favoring these times to go out....I dig being in the elements)

IM BRAINSTORMING AN IDEA:

HAVE A SINGLE ROOM VENUE FOR A SMALL PARTY.

MINIMAL LIGHTING.

USING A PROJECTOR TO SHINE IMAGES ON A BLANK WALL.

PEOPLE STAND AGAINST THE WALL AND THE IMAGE IS SHINING ON THEM.

HOW DO I SHOOT THIS SHOT?

Ordered the 24mm pancake......Amazon Prime FTW, should receive it tomorrow. Have some business to take care of in Manhattan tomorrow. Might hit Central Park to shoot a bit, despite the terrible weather here in NY (Honestly Ive been favoring these times to go out....I dig being in the elements)

Very cool. I even wonder how that performs. Definitely post pics.

Two from today:

protrero-2a.png
protrero-1a.png

Back
Top Bottom