The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Very cool. I even wonder how that performs. Definitely post pics.

Two from today:

protrero-2a.png

protrero-1a.png
Awesome stuff.......likely gonna be in the Bay Area for Wrestlemania 31, pics like this help build the anticipation!

Last edited:
Does anyone use a camera strap? Considering a BlackRapid Sport. Lately I've been aiming to find ways to free up my hands and not worry about the camera as much during a photoshoot. I always find myself looking for somewhere to sit my camera down or need to use both hands for something. Any suggestions?

Does anyone use a camera strap? Considering a BlackRapid Sport. Lately I've been aiming to find ways to free up my hands and not worry about the camera as much during a photoshoot. I always find myself looking for somewhere to sit my camera down or need to use both hands for something. Any suggestions?

I use a black rapid knockoff.

i really want a peak clip tho

I use the BlackRapid Sport and love it! My 5DM2 with a battery grip and 24-105L kills my neck with the factory strap but with the blackrapid I barely feel my camera. It comes in really handy when I am using it on location as well.

Happy with the shots I took today. I really need to invest in a tripod though. It was a struggle trying to get it "perfect". It never happened
mean.gif

Edit* I just decided to straighten them

Washington, D.C. by Benssick_, on Flickr

Ronald Reagan National Airport by Benssick_, on Flickr
Good stuff, dude.....I will say this.....you have a much much steadier hand then I do. I went to SoHo/Manhattan tonight to shoot around the neighborhood. Going back to staten island on the boat, tried to get some quality shots of the manhattan skyline but the ferry ride back was exceptionally rough. Even with image stabilizing quite a few of my shots were very blurry. Nice stuff once again.

I need to invest in a tripod too but the only thing holding me back is convenience..I imagine a great deal of work would have to go into lugging a tripod around along with your camera equipment + setting it up amongst crowds of other people. Can any of you pros comment on your process for this?

Thanks! I put my camera on a uneven rock and finished balancing it with a stick.(the struggle) its crazy as it sounds. Im just happy I got the shots I wanted. Thanks to nature
Second photo was on a uneven table and I let the lens pointing up resting on my iphone sideways :lol:

Last edited:
I need to invest in a tripod too but the only thing holding me back is convenience..I imagine a great deal of work would have to go into lugging a tripod around along with your camera equipment + setting it up amongst crowds of other people. Can any of you pros comment on your process for this?

Get a portable/more travel friendly tripod.

As for tripods, the one that came with my bundle is pretty portable and light weight. No problems lugging it around......however in light of the weather here in NYC, absolutely not LOL. Once spring starts to come around Ill be more open to the idea. 

The bag that came from with my bundle gets the job done for now, however if anyone has suggestions for one that will hold at least 2 DSLRs and up to 6 lenses and other accessories I would appreciate it.

not pro, but i think lugging a tripod around (even a fairly smallish travel joint) and the set up to use it (unfolding, setting up the legs, moving it around, etc.) is almost the definition of inconvenient...until the situation arises when you actually really need a tripod, then its super convenient...otherwise you'll need to work on your dyi environmental tripod game:

View How to Make a Tripod with a Piece Of String, a Beanbag, or Your Body on Howcast

Once you evolve and develop your photography sills, you're not gonna mind lugging a tripod around. (Depending where of course and what kind of shots you're looking for.) Tripods make one hell of a difference.

Thanks for the advice everyone...just took a look at the CF Mefoto and it looks 
pimp.gif

Gonna see if I can find it for a decent price used or something.

Not 100% hand held Fong, camera was sitting on a rock/ a stick to keep it straight. I was keeping hold of shutter.

Good shots everyone! 

For those with monitors, what are you guys using? Debating whether to save up for a decent IPS. Using a TN 21" LED for now. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom