The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Some shots in SD this weekend.

sd-2.png
sd-31.png
sd-1a.png

Love shots from under bridges such as fong...

Do ya'll usually post work on IG?

All my photos are treated whether for IG or for web. I find that IG, you have to (for me) over do it with colors and what not. Web, you should tone it down a little but I find all my photos are still overdone. You just have to find your style really. No one way is the wright way to edit. You can even post photos as is and not even edit but for me with digital, I feel like you should always edit photos. Film is a different story.

How do you embed pics from Flickr again? I've been looking online but can't find a clear answer. Can you do it from the app or does it have to be from the site

as far as the app idk.. but from the web just go to bottom right of your picture there should be an arrow which represents SHARE.

Click on the arrow, go to the BB code option and just Copy & Paste the code straight to NT.

^1st shot is beautiful!

thanks man

that's ill, i wish i would have traveled at all in my brief time in europe...but i was the definition of broke at the time and didn't take the risk. eventually it is something i hope i get to do again

definitely would recommend it for an extended period of time if possible

Ireland-3 by hodrick., on Flickr

Ireland-8 by hodrick., on Flickr

Ireland-9 by hodrick., on Flickr

Ireland-13 by hodrick., on Flickr

i know there were a couple of people who asked about shots from the 24mm pancake STM lens. Ill be posting some of what I shot later on tonight. My review based off the little I got to play with it.

-built exceptionally well.

-AF was instantaneous, MF ring on point

-bokeh isn't as apparent as with the nifty 50

-landscape pics were exceptionally sharp, however edges are soft and a lot of vignetting. 

what would you guys put the market value on a one month old barely used:

Canon - EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Standard Zoom Lens

retails at best buy for 550

I just bought one and was thinking about returning it and buying one that i saw on craigslist for 275

its one month old and the guy  just seems in need of cash

Any opinions on the Canon EOS T3I? For photography and HD video usage?

I've never owned a camera.. Almost got a Canon Powershot, canon G16 or canon g7x and now I'm considering a T3I

Any opinions on the Canon EOS T3I? For photography and HD video usage?

I've never owned a camera.. Almost got a Canon Powershot, canon G16 or canon g7x and now I'm considering a T3I

just about any camera you can get these days will be pretty good, how much you are trying to spend probably dictates how many & how good the capabilities/options will be? if you are willing to spend a bit more(you can & probably should check out the secondhand/used market), i recommend looking into mirrorless cameras, in many ways they are just as capable as entry level dslrs...some are as good as the pro stuff. plus they are orders of magnitude smaller, which might make it much easier to have with you at all times...

some winter vibes:

mech mover by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

_DSC5812.jpg by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

flaking out by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

winter waiting by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

frames by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

rail by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

icicles by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

star wars by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

empty by me_myself_n_eye, on Flickr

Fong was that Muir woods? I've been wanting to head up there and shoot for a while now

It's Purisima Creek Redwoods actually which was recommended by my coworker as an alternative to Muir Woods. It's sort of on the way to Half Moon Bay. I went off the path which was dumb cause I wanted to take some creek shots but was in an area that wasn't suitable for it. I think if you actually hike down the long trail, you will end up near the creek but I was lazy. It's a nice hike but it does go downhill which means you have to go uphill after.

Check out the photos on Flickr. If you have an ND filter or a macro, you can get some cool stuff. I was on limited time and just didn't get much unfortunately.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=Purisima Creek Redwoods

Back
Top Bottom