The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Finally got to editing my Belize photos.

belize-3b.png
belize-4.png
belize-5.png
belize-2.png
belize-1.png
belize-9.png
belize-8.png
belize-7.png

^^Always killin it.

Can someone give me some pointers on how to darken the rear fender where the light is shining. I used the adjustment brush in LR but it doesn't flow well with the rest of the car after I turn down the exposure/contrast/highlights.

Last edited:
Wanted to buy a Sigma 19/2.8 lens for street photography, ended up with a bunch of legacy lenses instead. Still waiting for the adapter and a couple of lenses to get here. Still want to get the Sigma 19mm down the line but couldn't pass up the value of legacy glass.

Spoiler for the lenses.

Konica Hexanon AR 28/3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 40/1.8
Konica Hexanon AR 50/1.7 (x2)
Konica Hexanon AR 52/1.8 (x2)
Konica Hexanon AR 55/3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 57/1.4
Konica Hexanon AR 135/3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 80-200/3.5
Quantaray 135/2.8
Vivitar 28/3.5
Vivitar 85-205/3.8

Konica FT-1 Motor Body
Konica Autorefex T Body (slight issue with shutter)

Overall, not bad value for $300 for 13 lenses. Still have to buy a couple of lens caps for the lenses and rear caps. Pics later if interested.

Wanted to buy a Sigma 19/2.8 lens for street photography, ended up with a bunch of legacy lenses instead. Still waiting for the adapter and a couple of lenses to get here. Still want to get the Sigma 19mm down the line but couldn't pass up the value of legacy glass.

Spoiler for the lenses.

Konica Hexanon AR 28/3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 40/1.8
Konica Hexanon AR 50/1.7 (x2)
Konica Hexanon AR 52/1.8 (x2)
Konica Hexanon AR 55/3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 57/1.4
Konica Hexanon AR 135/3.5
Konica Hexanon AR 80-200/3.5
Quantaray 135/2.8
Vivitar 28/3.5
Vivitar 85-205/3.8

Konica FT-1 Motor Body
Konica Autorefex T Body (slight issue with shutter)

Overall, not bad value for $300 for 13 lenses. Still have to buy a couple of lens caps for the lenses and rear caps. Pics later if interested.

that's quite a haul! for what camera? i have that same 40mm, really compact, pretty decent wide open gets & gets nicely sharp stopped down @2.8 (it goes from 1.8 to 2.8 )...

Last edited:
that's quite a haul! for what camera? i have that same 40mm, really compact, pretty decent wide open gets & gets nicely sharp stopped down @2.8 (it goes from 1.8 to 2.8 )...

Sony A6000. Price is what drew me to the Hexanon lenses. Best deals came from Craigslist, $80 for 8 lenses and 2 bodies. Only problem so far is with the Autoreflex T shutter not firing all the time or delayed but I was mainly buying them for the lenses. Want to try the Minolta, Helios, and Pentax lenses but I am pretty content for now, might need the 200mm on the cheap. Legacy glass is addicting.

Went out for the whole day with a friend yesterday - did a loop around the East coast of Scotland/England - short days here so got sunrise and sunset. Turns out my friend is super keen - nice gear and a good eye. Made my D40 and pretty basic lenses feel a bit inadequate. Time for an upgrade I think.

I haven't taken a photo in years - my camera had forgotten all its settings it had been so long. Couldn't find my tripod either so I got a cheap one on Amazon - not bad for $20 but it was a bit shaky in the wind and it struggled with any weight above a small lens and my D40. Easy to carry though...

Just finished processing 2. The first is Dunstanburgh Castle. This was just before sunset and I liked the contrast on the 2 sides of the building. My buddy was just on the left and fell down the hill breaking his big (and expensive!) filter bracket thing.

23661974399_9a86678c6e_c.jpg

This is Bamburgh Castle - a little earlier in the day and a few miles further North. I borrowed my friend's 70-135 Nikkor lens - and it was beautiful. The difference between the sharpness and colors with it and my 18-55 was just amazing.

https://flic.kr/p/CBhnGH

Last edited:
This is one of the pictures that I took in July 2014 - but never got round to looking at any of them. This was a day with really fantastic light - I posted the only other one of my kids at sunset back around then. I like the shape of this island and how the light made everything blue - no processing there, it was just like that - and the fishing boat added a little interest.

Rum

Last one for now. This was just around the corner from our campsite and every evening I drove by I thought the boat looked interesting - the yellow jumped out to me. Couldn't quite get a good angle though - I'm suspicious I was about 20 minutes late and needed to get further into the water and I was tempted to swim out and nudge the boat around a bit too. Not that committed though so this is as good as I got.

https://flic.kr/p/BDTGgm

Last edited:
Not my photos, but wanted to share the beauty that a medium format camera with a lense at 2.4 wide open offers, simply incredible...found a 105 2.4 for my 67 and can't wait to play with it...look at this Bokeh :x

The first one looks amazing.

If anyone is interested in participating in the raw file dropbox send me a PM with your email address and I'll invite you to the folder. I think it'll be a cool way for us to practice editing photos of things or places we might no be able to visit/access.

Within the folder, please create a new one with your NT name.

Last edited:
Dope pictures as always guys. Does anyone know about Moment lenses for iPhone? Looking to take pictures, but wanna start small before I commit to a DSLR or anything. Thanks in advance.

^^^^^Just get an DSLR. All that iPhone lens won't amount to anything special. I just got off of Moment Lenses's site and was impressed with their lookbook but realized that was all shot with a DSLR. I mean unless you don't care for real picture quality, than the Moment Lenses are good for just overall capturing wide angle stuff. But if I had to spend a $100, I would just invest in an older DSLR and start from there.

And thanks for the comments on my photos. Still a little disappointed I am not taking the journalistic approach to shooting photos when I travel. I always feel timid when I am actually at a city getting. I wanted to force myself to shoot nothing but 50mm but ended up just shooting wide for most of the trip.

^^^^Nice. How do the full res photos look? I've been wondering if i should just get that and not do that helicopter ride. Haha. Definitely not the same.

JPEGs with ISO cranked have been point n shoot quality, maybe a little bit better. Supposedly the RAWs look a little bit better. Going to take it out in manual under some better conditions and see what I can pull out of it.

The tricky thing is that there are so many no fly zones in the Bay Area. Can't launch from anywhere around the Golden Gate, and while you can technically fly in downtown SF, there's a lot of interference from buildings so I wouldn't risk it.

Oddly, Treasure Island doesn't seem to have any flight restrictions. It's on my short list of places to get out to soon.

JPEGs with ISO cranked have been point n shoot quality, maybe a little bit better. Supposedly the RAWs look a little bit better. Going to take it out in manual under some better conditions and see what I can pull out of it.

The tricky thing is that there are so many no fly zones in the Bay Area. Can't launch from anywhere around the Golden Gate, and while you can technically fly in downtown SF, there's a lot of interference from buildings so I wouldn't risk it.

Oddly, Treasure Island doesn't seem to have any flight restrictions. It's on my short list of places to get out to soon.

I did see the news about drones not being near airports and what not. It does seem limited and to really get some perspectives, you would need to fly a drone around things that are massive cause pics will end up just being flat. Can't wait to see pics though.

Dope pictures as always guys. Does anyone know about Moment lenses for iPhone? Looking to take pictures, but wanna start small before I commit to a DSLR or anything. Thanks in advance.

honestly you'd be better off getting a decent point & shoot, i would just skip the lenses and just use your phone or if you really want to do the lens thing cop some cheaper $10-$20 version...and save the money you would have spent on the moment jawns

^^^^^Just get an DSLR. All that iPhone lens won't amount to anything special. I just got off of Moment Lenses's site and was impressed with their lookbook but realized that was all shot with a DSLR. I mean unless you don't care for real picture quality, than the Moment Lenses are good for just overall capturing wide angle stuff. But if I had to spend a $100, I would just invest in an older DSLR and start from there.

And thanks for the comments on my photos. Still a little disappointed I am not taking the journalistic approach to shooting photos when I travel. I always feel timid when I am actually at a city getting. I wanted to force myself to shoot nothing but 50mm but ended up just shooting wide for most of the trip.

hahaha! i had this same discussion with a co-worker not too long ago who spaz'd out and bought 2(!!!) moment lenses, i think he even paid extra for some spiffy case too...to be fair, he actually bought it some months after he bought an entry level dslr; i definitely went in on him for (good naturedly though!) it. didn't really look at the website though

Good stuff as always fellas :pimp:

Santa came through big this year...

which one did you get the advanced, professional, or standard? kinda wish i would have waited, the newer version are supposed to be much more stable, have you registered it with the guv'ment yet?

Last edited:
which one did you get the advanced, professional, or standard? kinda wish i would have waited, the newer version are supposed to be much more stable, have you registered it with the guv'ment yet?
The Pro. It's crazy how stable it is. I had a little toy drone before this, and you can't even compare flying the 2.

Registered with the FAA the other day. Kinda bummed about the 400' max height regulation - we were flying it at its max (1500') before I realized the FAA limit and it was wild how much you could see. Seems like they're only going to be putting more and more regulations in place, I'm sure in a couple of years there will be hardly any areas you can fly em.

I like 2 blocks from Apple's new campus...really tempted to fly over the construction, but again, it's right in the middle of a no fly zone :\

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom