The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

playing around... t3i, stock.
still a rook. still practising. still learning. but I'm having fun. lol

Keep it up! Practice makes perfect.

@SaNTi0321 how's the gig going with Autoblog Canada. Where are your shots at!!!??? lol

Last edited:
New Nikon lens. Crazy since I didn't even think they needed another full frame since they have the D610, D810 and even the DF.

Nikon-D750-pre-order-options.jpg

Tilt the screen, including a change in the diaphragm in the live view mode, Wi-Fi, and D610
Size: 5.5 "x 4.4" x 3.1 "(139.7 x 111.76 x 78.74mm)
Weight: 1 lb 10.5 oz (751.26g)
24.3 megapixel FX CMOS sensor specifications
EXPEED 4 Image Processor
1080p 24/25/30/50 / 60p
Recording ISO, shutter speed, and aperture manually control
Uncompressed HDMI (8-bit 4: 2: 2)
Flat profile picture
ISO 100-12,800 (Lo 1 is ISO 50 plus (?), Hi 1 and 2 up to ISO 51,200)
91K RGB metering, center-weighted metering / Spot metering / highlights weighted metering
Advanced Scene Recognition System
Group area AF
6.5 fps at full resolution
Built-in Wi-Fi
Eye-Fi card support
Image transmission over wired communication unit transmits the UT-1 through 5 WT-radio transmitters Wireless Image / Ethernet
Body separately $ 2300 / $ 3596 basic lens kit

Read more on NikonRumors.com: http://nikonrumors.com/2014/09/11/nikon-d750-detailed-specifications-price-2300.aspx/#ixzz3D7FJlpPB

And Nikon's new 20mm 1.8 wide angle prime lens.

Nikon-AF-S-NIKKOR-20mm-f1.8G-ED-N-lens.jpg

Df is a gimmick.

This body is honestly just a better version of the D610; great for someone who was deciding on either the D600/D610 or 6D. Sucks for someone who just recently bought them though.

I swear I was reading that the D750 was supposed to be some action camera or something like that. Like good continuous burst and good auto focus but those specs look pretty basic for a full frame now.

I got into photography because of the sick sneaker pics on NT. I remember shooting on a white posterboard to get the white seemless look and failing miserably haha.
Hyperdunk 2011 Blake Griffin PE by khankussionz, on Flickr

Thought the answer to my problems was a light tent...
Rajon Rondo Hyper Enforcer PE & KD V DMV by khankussionz, on Flickr

Ultimately, this is what I accomplished
swingman by khankussionz, on Flickr

Need specifics as to info on how to achieve that, backgrounds, lights etc. Definitely dope as hell since I'm into sneaker photog

I'm so excited about my recent pickup. It's basically one of my dream cameras and I'm glad to have finally got it.

@Fongstarr Part of the issue was that you don't have a modifier on the light
Need specifics as to info on how to achieve that, backgrounds, lights etc. Definitely dope as hell since I'm into sneaker photog

Basically I went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of glass. Grabbed some black seamless paper that I taped to the wall and ran it under the sheet of glass. The glass was elevated over the paper tho by like six inches just to make sure it wasnt going to get hit with the light. I used a speedlight to expose the shoe. Didnt have a softbox at that point so I took the diffusion panel of my 5-in-1 reflector and placed it about a foot above the sneaker and shot the speedlight thru it.

^ #nice!

not from the northeast but i currently reside here...why, what up?
just remember seeing your mount Washington picture. I'm thinking about going there

yea, if you're in the area it's worth hitting up...i've only ever ridden up the auto road but there is a tour bus/van to the peak; or you can hike it if you're feeling so inclined (#seewhatididthere) I know a couple of people that have done it and enjoyed it

@Fongstarr Part of the issue was that you don't have a modifier on the light
Basically I went to Home Depot and bought a sheet of glass. Grabbed some black seamless paper that I taped to the wall and ran it under the sheet of glass. The glass was elevated over the paper tho by like six inches just to make sure it wasnt going to get hit with the light. I used a speedlight to expose the shoe. Didnt have a softbox at that point so I took the diffusion panel of my 5-in-1 reflector and placed it about a foot above the sneaker and shot the speedlight thru it.

Brah. I wish you were in New York. I'd definitely love for you to show me this. I work at Home Depot part time aside from teaching, and we don't even carry actual glass at my store. Just plexy. I know I can cop the paper from B&H, but I will take for advice and do my best rendition. I really appreciate it and the setup is really nice, true showcase.

Brah. I wish you were in New York. I'd definitely love for you to show me this. I work at Home Depot part time aside from teaching, and we don't even carry actual glass at my store. Just plexy. I know I can cop the paper from B&H, but I will take for advice and do my best rendition. I really appreciate it and the setup is really nice, true showcase.

Plexiglass should work. You just need something clear and that will give you a reflection. The setup was simple. I dont have a pic from the glass setup but this is how everything else was set up

Plexiglass should work. You just need something clear and that will give you a reflection. The setup was simple. I dont have a pic from the glass setup but this is how everything else was set up

Wait, thats setup on an ironing board?

Nonetheless, the idea is pure genius

Repped. Those are great shots
Thanks
this was still in Mexico?

Anyone know a good resource for making photo albums? Currently I just give digital copies to people for events and smaller sessions, but will like to start offering physical albums of my own for larger events.
The pictures were taken in Puerto Rico ...

Wish I had taken my camera when I was in Mexico ...

Last edited:

Anyone know a good resource for making photo albums? Currently I just give digital copies to people for events and smaller sessions, but will like to start offering physical albums of my own for larger events.

What types of events? How many pictures per album?

What types of events? How many pictures per album?
Events vary and amounts of picture would too. In general about 100-200 is what I normally give. Birthday celebrations, graduation events, christening/baptisms, etc.

Back
Top Bottom